8TH BID

Bidding price

 

 

Nouf was stirred that morning.  She was still half-dozing and feeling  quite lethargic. She was so tired to get out  that morning like there wasn’t even a small tang of urge to pull herself to start her day.

Just like that day, she foresees nothing coming up ahead for this day as well.

 

Nouf indolently  tugs the bed sheets and flattened it with her palms.

She yawned before rubbing the back of her neck. She then narrowed her eyes when streaks of light from the windows caught her.

The streaks were bold, despite of the thick and dark colored curtain her room has.

That’s when things struck her. DAMN! I slept that long? She mentally shrieked when she glanced on the digital clock on the bedside.

 

12:00 pm

 

“Nouffie!!! We’re going now!!” Comes a voice of inclusive vigor. It was Kai, of course who could it be, with Sehun behind him.

“G-going where?” She replied, a little stunned and still not getting over the fact that she only woke from her sleep just now.

“We’re taking you out.” It was blunt but there was that little spark from how Sehun uttered it as if trying to coax her on how interesting their plan is.

“Come on Nouf! Ppali!! Just go wash yourself now!” Nouf was just about to buckle herself when Kai, at once, drags her inside the bathroom.

“We’ll be waiting just outside the room okay?”  

“Wait!! What about Chanyeol?” With all her state, her mind still managed to wake the heed she has for Chanyeol.

“Uh—Uhm—He’s—Uhm.” Kai stuttered making Nouf crumple her own eyebrows. Why is he even stuttering just with that simple question?

“We’re going to see Baekhyun.” Sehun cuts just beside Kai, and the latter tried to hide heaving a very deep sigh.

“Jinjja?!!” And that made Nouf shut the bathroom’s door on the two lads’ faces.

 

“You’re too obvious Kai. Nice job.” Sehun says sarcastically after they left the room, and Kai has to mimic the younger one for him not to look dumb.

 

Nouf stares on her own reflection from the mirror. She could still see Chanyeol’s very handsome morning face that time when he was brushing her teeth. That time where her heart has beaten extra irregularly. She never felt that feeling. The feeling that she has towards Chanyeol.  

It may sound impossible, crazy and a bit peculiar but she really thinks she has this different fondness that’s only for him. Only for Mr. Park Chanyeol.

She’s Nouf. And Chen’s the only person she trusts most. But that was until Chanyeol bought her from that set up auction. It makes her feel embarrassed to admit it, but Chanyeol owning her indeed was the best thing that came out of that auction that she’ll be cursing her whole life.

 

“Baekhyun!!! Oh my god I’m so so so glad to see you!!” Nouf couldn’t let go of Baekhyun. She’s been embracing the guy since Baekhyun showed off in this seashore bistro that served as their rendezvous.

“I am so so so glad to see you as well Nouf. I’m sorry I couldn’t visit you a lot. I’m kinda busy. You know, I’m making a living.”  And Kai and Sehun have to laugh on that. 

 “Then just accept the Master’s offer then.” Kai puts some of the crabmeat on Nouf’s plate because she was still so busy acknowleding Baekhyun. “Haven’t I told so many times that there’s no way I’m going to lead you punks. And besides, I don’t fight.” He motioned the damsel to start eating before shoving some of the buttered shrimps inside his own mouth.

“No Baekhyun. You’re wrong. It’s not that you don’t fight, it’s because you can’t fight at all.” Kai scorns earning laughter from the people in their table, well except Baekhyun of course. “Y-yah!! Who told you I couldn’t? I know hapkido just to tell you.”

 

After a few rounds of teasing and mocking each other, Nouf had to admit that she did had fun with the boys. Hearing them reveal their surprising secrets just makes Nouf laugh out loud. There was also this waiter from the bistro who approached their table telling them to minimize their voices because some customers were bothered by their noises. They just laughed at it though and still continued throwing up confessions. But the confession that stunned her most is Sehun’s and Kai’s.

Sehun and I really like Nouf here for our Young Master.” Kai gives her a smile of great positivity. “Right Sehunnie?” The younger boy drops his head at Kai’s call. He breathed in first before pulling his head up again and giving them a splendid nod with his crescent like eyes when he gave them his wonderful smile, and her heart, just thinking of Chanyeol, starts throbbing in affectionate rage again.

 

 

“Chen once asked me regarding the date of your flight back.” Baekhyun on her side starts as he keeps his head on the sea. They were walking bare feet on the shoreline with Kai and Sehun just a few meters behind them.

“He sounds really worried that time that I don’t know what I am going to say. Chen’s a very special friend of mine. I don’t really like his sound that time so I lied.” Nouf shifts her gaze on him as if figuring out by her own what Baekhyun was talking about.

“I told her you’re doing great and that you’re having fun with your stay here.” He breathes. “During that moment I was not sure if whether you are doing good or not. I trust Chanyeol I do. I know you’ll be safe with him but what I’m not sure of is your rational or more like psychological condition.” He breathes again before shifting his gaze on her.

“But from what I can see now, I don’t find lying to Chen necessary anymore.”

 

The day ended with them getting Baekhyun on his next schedule for the day. Nouf still doesn’t want to go home. She doesn’t know why but she still doesn’t want to see Chanyeol. Seeing him just makes her heart jump madly again. And she hates it, it’s as if her heart would just jump with great strength and leave her chest. It’s persecuting.

If only Chanyeol didn’t kissed her that very morning she wouldn’t feel affirming herself her feelings for him. Maybe she’s feeling nothing different for now. Just normal. Nothing to kindle her anxiousness.

“Let’s go get some ice cream then!” Kai suggest from the driver’s seat.

“That sounds great.”

 

-

 

 

The following days since Nouf went out with Baekhyun went too much humdrum and dull than she had expected. It’s just her with Kai and Sehun all day long. They’re good company, she couldn’t doubt that. But everything just gets so customary like it’s either they go out or do something outside or just simply watch endless movies at Chanyeol’s hotel room.  It’s not that she’s starting to get demanding. She just wants something else. Something afar from what all of they’re doing.

or maybe... Park Chanyeol

Mr. Park Chanyeol

She wants to be with ParK Chanyeol.