9TH BID

Bidding price

 

 

Her one on one session with him during that night after Chanyeol had kissed him was the last time she saw him. She sleeps with no one staying in the next bedroom. Good thing Sehun and Kai always stay with her until she dozes off or else it will be too cumbersome for her to sleep knowing there are no other people inside Chanyeol’s extra giant hotel room. She’s not that scared though, she even sleeps alone in her apartment. But the size difference and other factors like the country she’s staying at wakes her sinister atmosphere up. She once tried asking the two where Chanyeol has been going these days but all she receives is a stuttering Kai and a cutting Sehun. “His family’s here in Macau that’s why he’s always out.” Says Sehun.

Yeah. Right. They’re his family of course he wouldn’t bother to tell her that. Like who does she thinks she is for Chanyeol to spare his time just to tell her. She’s just nothing to her. She’s just one of Chanyeol’s toyed properties that he could play with whenever he wants to. She means nothing to him.

That breaks her heart though. It’s her first to be in a different proviso of falling in love yet she get to feel disregarded and all. Guess she just needs to prepare herself on going back home then. And besides she haven’t heard any reports from the guys regarding the Big’s that were after her. Or maybe they’re just keeping things from her? She doesn’t know. And she doesn’t care anymore. Her heart. Her poor wounded heart. She needs to move out of Chanyeol's grasp right away. She needs to prevent everything from further breaking.

 

-

 

“You sure you can handle yourself Young Master?” Kai couldn’t help himself but to speak out his concern as he opens the door of the room while Sehun reaches out a hand for Chanyeol to assist him from walking. “You should have listened to what Yixing said and stay there.” He reprimand out of his concern. Chanyeol just laughed on the sweetness his men are giving. “I’m fine. I’ll just call you in case.” Chanyeol frees himself form Sehun and casually entered through the door as if he’s a hundred percent alright like what he usually asserts.

Kai and Sehun just sighed in defeat. “Okay. We’re just going to bring everything you need first before having a final check on the place.” Chanyeol nods before finally shutting the door.

He was feeling extra heavy, his eyes start turning sensitive again that he needs to shut the incandescent lamp that were still turning on inside the living room.

 His men were right though, he thinks when he feels the sickening pain in his head again. He should have just stayed there with Yixing if he really is concern with himself but then the thought of the innocent girl idly staying in her place gives him the valour of fighting the stabbing soreness.

Chanyeol nonchalantly went through the silent bedroom, just beside his very own. It’s Nouf in her sleep. He misses this girl so much. Too much that he wants to put her in his embrace and never let go of her anymore. He knows she’s upset for receiving loads of reasons from his men for him not being around lately. He knows she’s more than confused. But all of those are just for a while, Chanyeol thinks. There are better things waiting ahead of them.

He smiles after seeing the girl under her grimace on something. She’s dreaming again. He mentally states.

“I hope you could wait for me.” He whispers before leaving a soft gentle kiss on her forehead.

“I love you.”

 

-

 

Nouf feels more than elated. She’s been dying of fervour just to see Park Chanyeol.

Just to see that Mr. Perfect is all she could ask for.

That dark brown hair. Those pair of glittering eyes. His glowing and gleaming skin. His incredible set of teeth. Those slender limbs he has. And above all, his couple of sweet and soft lips.

Despite of her hankers and covets, she still maintains herself inconspicuous. No one knows how she really feels for the lad and she’s not letting herself fall from the edge of her perfectly balanced life just because of her petty infatuation.

 

She woke up that morning with a smile full of beans. Maybe it’s her dream of Chanyeol kissing her forehead that generates her contagious smile. She couldn’t deny how that dream last night seemed so real. Chanyeol went inside of her room just to put the quilt on top of her and plant a very gentle kiss on her forehead before dashing out. Nouf knows it’ll raise her hopes up that might just hurt her in the end. That’s what she’s most afraid of. She mentally curses, but it’s impossible not to feel something good when a Mr. Perfect guy Park Chanyeol kisses you on your forehead, well not to mention the kiss he gave her on the bathroom.

“Hey, good morning.” She stopped on her way to the bathroom with that husky deep voice, tossing her thoughts away. “Chanyeol.” She mumbled in flummox. There he sees Chanyeol near the doorway of the kitchen with a spatula on his right hand.

“Yes. It’s me.”

 

Eventually Chanyeol indeed was cooking but not something weighty. It was just a simple pancake, but the thought that the Young Master cooked it made it something more, something special.

“Mmm~ this is superb!” Nouf claims and Chanyeol has to chuckle on that. She was scrumptiously relishing every bit of the simple dish prepared to him by Chanyeol.

Nouf didn’t even know Chanyeol could cook or maybe just prepare a food. By merely basing on his standard of living and how he dwell since she met him, all he do is give orders to his men and make them do the rest of the thing, like telling them he wants to eat this and this and his men would just bring it to him or maybe bring him to the place where his likings could be satisfied.

It’s the first knowing this kind of fact. Though it’s kinda little, Nouf still treasures it a lot. At least he gets to know some other things about him.

 

“Seriously, that’s just a pancake with chocolate syrup on it. Kindly explain to me what makes it superb?”

“You prepared it by yourself.” Chanyeol was sipping on his glass of milk when Nouf answered him. “That makes it superb.” She finished and gave him a very flattering smile.

Chanyeol’s heart almost forgot to beat. But he did assured he still looks normal as well as to act normal.

 

 

Maybe getting insulted by Kai and Sehun this morning wasn’t bad at all.

Chanyeol sighed mentally. He did prepare for this morning. He set his alarm on exactly 4 am just to wake his men and plan on the right breakfast he could prepare for Nouf.

“American breakfast is your favorite isn’t it?” Sehun mutters, eyes still puffy due to lack of sleep.

“Nah. Frying egg is so hard.” Says Chanyeol as he continues scribbling something on his paper.

“Bibimbap?” Kai reads what turn to be the most obvious word from his paper.

“That’s not as easy as what you think Young Master.” Kai gives him a warning face.

“Then how about an oatmeal?” Sehun yawned.

“Too plain. And besides Young Master doesn’t know how to prepare it—Yah! Who told you I don’t?” Chanyeol cuts Kai.

“As far as I could remember you ate the raw noodles you asked me to buy last week?” Ka pretends to think furthermore. “So what’s the connection between oatmeal and noodles?” – “Nothing really. I’m just thinking maybe you’ll eat it raw again.” –“Pan cakes?” Good thing there’s a brilliant Sehun on the room or else Kai would just get killed by how frustrated Chanyeol is because he doesn’t know how to manage things inside a kitchen and prepare a meal even just for himself, and Kai here keeps on jamming up things in his exasperation.

“You’ve made one before right?” And Chanyeol racks his brain in remembrance. “Kai’s birthday wasn’t it?” Sehun cuts him from thinking too much. 

“Jeez. You remember now?” Kai glares at him.

 “I cooked for you?” He asks in disbelief.

 “It was during Kai’s birthday. He’s supposed to have his birthday-leave that day but you didn’t let him. The night after that you prepared a dark no-- I mean a burnt pan cake because you feel guilty for not letting him see his family.” Sehun explained in one shot. Kai got teary eyed and Chanyeol with a stunned face.

“Seriously, I really did that?” Chanyeol’s eyes got even bigger if that’s still possible. His men just nodded in confirmation. “Jeez. I’m sorry dude. You know it’s only you two whom I trust most among all my men.” Chanyeol puts his hands on Kai’s shoulders. “I’ll never do that again. I promise I’ll double your day offs during your special days.” Chanyeol squishes Kai’s shoulders in reassurance but his wet eyes even turned to sobbing.

 “W-What? Don’t you want it to get doubled? How ‘bout tripled?” Chanyeol frantically raised his arms.

 “Actually that’s not really the issue.” Sehun bluntly whispers from the side.

“Young Master. Tell me, do I really look that dark to you?” Kai seized his master’s hands. 

 “W-what do you mean?”

“Those burnt pancakes? Do I really look like those to you?” He cried out loud. “Young Master, you do know how sensitive Kai is when it comes to his skin.” Sehun just shrugged and left. “No!!!-Of course not Kai! It was my first time preparing such. I didn’t really mean to hurt you.” –“Really?” It was a record of mere seconds when Kai’s face shifted in an instant. “Come on then, I’ll teach you how not to burn your pancakes and other peoples' hearts again.”

 

Chanyeol’s sure to himself how normal his pancake tastes like. Nothing really different. Nothing really special. But then Nouf said it’s a superb pancake prepared by him. So maybe he could consider that as an honest compliment on his cooking.

“Young Master! Young Master!” Nouf was about to finish another pancake when Sehun swiftly barged inside the kitchen.

“Sehun!!”

“Young Master!” Sehun's chest was rapidly rising up and down and he soothes it with the palm of his hand.

"The -- Russian -- Big ." Chanyeol just raised him a questioning look.

“They’re downstairs.”