11TH BID

Bidding price

 

 

“So where do you want to spend the day?” Kai asks as he flips the pages of the magazine he just bought this morning. He didn’t really know the reason why he bought one. Maybe he got caught in a pendulum state by the sales lady from the convenient store.

“Can I just stay here ” She asked.” I- I don’t think I have enough guts to unite with the crowd of Macau today.” She tightens her wrap on her knees and keeps her eyes locked on the busy city of Macau from the large glass window of the living room.

“Nope. We’ve been letting you jail yourself here for what, three days, so you need to go out now.” Kai leaves his magazine on the coffee table before jumping to her with a what-if-you’ll- never-see- me-again look.

“Is this how are you going to spend your remaining days with us? Do you really want to go home that much?” Kai asks, stooping, just to level his face on hers.

No. I should be the one asking that one to the Mr. Perfect Man of my life. She mentally tells herself.

“Kai— then just go out today please?” Pleads Kai, and Nouf has to admit how persuading Kai was with those puppy eyes he was showing.

 

It’s been three days as what Kai told her. But actually she never estimated that three days have already passed with her still sulking on her own. She’s been seriously caught in a self-acclaimed melancholy that she didn’t noticed how she wasted her remaining days with them.

Nouf had already set plotted the things she knows what’s best when she gets home. It’s not exactly her plan to cut any contacts with these guys.

Space. She thinks it’ll be better if she doesn’t get in touch with them for a while after this so that she could still fix her messed up self.

 

The fact still makes her shake her head in disbelief. Like how could a man she just met for weeks makes her go insane and spoil her heart this much. It hurts much than seeing a failing score from her test papers. It’s abnormally different. It’s throbbing different. And she hates how her heart trusts someone just like that.

 

 

Three days of sulking  also means three days without Chanyeol’s presence. AGAIN, she rarely sees him. No, she never saw him since that Russian attack. And she also didn’t bother herself to ask Kai or Sehun on what is it this time that makes him so eventful.

 

Maybe he doesn’t really care about my remaining days. Or maybe he doesn’t really care about my existence. Nouf sighs. She should really stop over thinking because it really tortures her heart. And she really hates how Chanyeol had turned her to be awfully masochist. Her psychological state, to be specific as its target.

 

Apparently, it was not only Chanyeol who gets to vanish every now and then. Sometimes it’s Kai or Sehun, take this day for example where it’s just only Kai who’s left with her.

 

 

“Kai?” Nouf starts and the guy being called just hums in reply as he maintains his eyes on the road ahead.

“What makes you stay under Chanyeol’s control?” Nouf was keeping her eyes as well on the roads but she does see from the corner of her eye how the sudden question had struck the lad for him to pay her a quick look.

“I mean besides money, what makes you offer your loyalty to him?”

Kai smiled as if that question being thrown to him was the easiest question in the world.

“He’s Park Chanyeol that’s it.” He plainly replied still with that smile on his face. “I see.” She mumbles, forgetting to hide her emotions or maybe not? Maybe releasing some of the tensions inside isn’t bad at all.

“No. You don’t.” Kai chuckled this time. And that was when Kai stopped the car for reaching their destination.

“I know you’re judging him for now. Don’t worry, I also did. He’s a sassy, rich delinquent who does nothing but to be happy. But I’m telling you this. Young Master isn’t what you think he is. Maybe sometimes he may be delinquent and careless but he is one of the best people I’ve ever met. He’s just soundless. He doesn’t want to worry other people. That’s the thing he hates most.” Kai breathes and Nouf blinks a couple of times before Kai continues.

“I might sound crazy right now, but Young Master....” Kai was still wearing that indisputable smile, and Nouf somehow feels quite jealous. Jealous of how much Kai knows Chanyeol. Because she too wanted to know him as much as he does.

“I really want him to be happy. I want him to know what it feels like to be really happy. I want him to know how blissful life is.” As what Kai has been expecting, he saw Nouf draw a face of complete perplex. “Sorry. I know that was a little confusing. Just pretend I didn’t tell you those.” Kai chuckled and reached his hand out to ruffle her hair. “You know, I really like you for Young Master.”

Kai’s words didn’t really help much. Now Nouf’s jammed pack with baggage of thoughts. If only she could quit on thinking, she’ll gladly renounce.

 

-

 

Today’s just another day. She whispers to herself the moment her eyelids slides open. Just another day of having either Kai or  Sehun with her. She never thought her remaining week will be emptily spent like this.

“Stop staring!” He tried to adjust his voice for it not to sound like a shout, nonetheless it still sounded one.

Nouf just rolled her eyes before bringing her eyeballs back on him.

“You know, you’re the one I’ll miss the most.” Says Nouf with a blunt face mirroring the lad’s very own. They were walking side by side and Sehun feels quite uneasy for being watched and mimicked by her.

Sehun almost choked. “I said stop looking like that.”

“Jeez. You’re no fun. It’ll be better if Kai’s the one with me now not you.” She stuck her tongue out.

 

Nouf have been feeling a little better now. At least she starts picking up on the guys again. It was that night when she consoled herself and raised her spirits back. It worked though, even just a little.

She’ll just spend her remaining days with whomever she’ll get to spend the day with. And with all Sehun’s luck it’s him to spend the day with her.

 

“Sehun!” Nouf stops from her pace and turned to face the lean and tall man again who’s still sipping on his chocolate bubble tea.

He stopped his pace as well but still continued drinking his favorite.

“Am I that unlikeable?”

After that, Nouf has to smack the guy on his back. She even considered using the famous rescue action, Heimlich manoeuvre that she learned from one of her emergency preparedness workshop. But then Sehun already stopped choking and throw up almost every pearl he has eaten from his drink.

“You know I am really debating whether to have the feeling of fret because you choked or insulted because again, you choked.” She continues soothing his back by her palm.

“You know,” Sehun still managed to push the spirit of getting back to her with his little mimic. “I’ll really die if you continue shooting me that kind of questions.”

“Yah!! I am serious you punk!” Her soothing rub on his back turned to be a smack and Sehun has to whine because it really does hurts.

“Yah!! Yah!!!” He tries brawling against her spanks because first of all it seriously hurts and second people are starting to give them unpleasant looks though they were now properly sitting on a bench on the park just few meters far from where they passed by Sehun’s fave bubble tea store.

 

“Seriously.. I thought I get to prettily spend this day with you before I head back to Korea.” She crossed her arms when she got tired smacking Sehun, leaving him scowling.

Good thing there were children by the park who were playing randomly. Some were chasing each other. There’s this group of children with their bicycles. On the left side of the refreshing green field were children playing with colorful bubbles. They were popping every bubble they caught with melodious laughs and giggles from every pop. The view and the music the park just blends so good for Nouf to ditch fleetingly her damned reality.

 

“No.”  Sehun finally soothed his throat as well as his back. “Not really.” He looks from his side to her eyes. ”In fact, you’re very much likeable.” Nouf was caught off guard for that. He didn’t know that a guy like him would have the courage to speak out such thoughts. “But it doesn’t mean I like you.” How he cleared himself was as quick as how he decided on which bubble tea flavor to pick.

“You have a really strong spirit. And I actually find that likeable.” Nouf wishes those words didn’t came from Sehun. She wants to hear it from another person. Mr. Park Chanyeol, the perfect guy to be exact.

The truth was, Nouf doubts herself to have what Sehun says strong spirit. She doubts herself too much these days. Because if she really is strong then why is she afraid to confess her feelings for Chanyeol? She’s been debating to herself over this thing almost every day. But it’s always been her fear to know that Chanyeol doesn’t like her back that cuts that anxious urge inside her to confess.

 Actually she’s been thinking maybe one day before she bids her goodbye she could confess and tell Chanyeol who had caused her too much trouble for messing up with her feelings. So If he accepts it which is most likely to be impossible since he never showed any fondness to her except to that kiss he had inside the bathroom. But he looked stunned that very moment and he just also woke up so he’s not really conscious that time so the fairest thing to do is to drop that hopeless outcome. And if he rejects her then everything’s just going to be fine since she’ll be heading back to Korea. And she’s considering maybe Seoul’s prettily wide for them to bump on each other. Or maybe that’s just what she tries to assume.