2ND BID

Bidding price

 

 

Nouf hardly snuggles herself against the soothing warmth of what she ascertain is the same fabric that mysterious guy let her use. The coat's not really that aromatic like the owner would pour nor spray bottles of scentful perfumes to lure no one in particular. But it has its own original smell. A smell Nouf would want to smell for like eternity.

Her sniffs seemed not to stop until something pressed against her forehead vanishes and falls on her shoulder. She opens her eyes and brought herself onto her curious of what the thing was. Her brows furrowed in confusion the moment she took possession of a white piece of cloth. "Oh !" There she realized in what the freaking hell situation she is. The memories from the past days heap and crowd up in a mass in her tormented mind. From the time Baekhyun called and gave the offer until she lost conscious last night due to her burning fever. She remembers it all now and she needs to get home now. Her flight is in 9 and she's of great assurance Chen's by the boarders of the airport waiting for her comeback now.

"Excuse me? Anybody there?" Lefts when she started leaving the bed. She took the coat and even managed to work and fix the mess she caused on the bed. All curtains were freely hanging concealing the beauty outside the large window of the room, and mere lamplights fixed on the bedside table lit the large room.

She was curios though on how did she handled and recover soon from the vicious fever she was fighting over last night. Someone might have taken care of her the whole night. And that piece of cloth on her forehead awhile ago just proves so.

She passed by a tall mirror near the door and paused for a moment. She sure does look like a stinky rotten zombie that haven't devoured human brains for years. Well not really since she'll not survive if that's going to be the case. Her hair's just a little tussled. It was neatly styled in a ponytail last night but is sprawling right now. Geez. I do sleep like a monster. She heaves a sigh before touching the handle of the door.

The door creaked a little by her gentle push but she was stunned in a sudden and stopped her pressure of pushing, leaving the door open in an angle of not more than 35 degrees.

 

"Just fix everything dude. " Nouf hears a deep voice and decided not to cause and gain any attention.

"A week or two maybe, it depends. I'll just call you the time she wakes up don't worry." The deep voice continues and halts in a few seconds before talking again.

"You know I really love you. And besides.. I won't last as much as y--" He gives a sarcastic tune of laugh when he got cut off.

"I'm just kidding. Okay I'll call you later. Bye~" Just a tap of his finger and the call finally ended. He slid his phone back in his pocket and locks his finger into the handle of the supermarket bag on the table fronting him. He was about to turn to the room when his phone started beeping again.

"Oh Suho Hyung!" His voice appears to be some sort of baffled.

"Hyung...you know I didn't approve to go to Macau for that. I'm here to represent us okay!" His tone turned serious.

Never in Nouf's intention to eavesdrop everything from out outside but she couldn’t leave her position just inside the doorframe and one hand on the handle.

"Hyung just stop it okay?! You know I hate  it when you act like this. When you act like I couldn't take care of myself at all. Like I couldn't make myself happy or even know what real happiness is. Hyung just this time please?! Just me with my ownself." The last line was drowning in complete forlornness just by the way his voice joins the words.

He breathes deeply. "I'll be fine with Kai and Sehun. Thanks hyung." He lost great strength just by his phone conversation. Those words and feelings he'd been keeping finally left him. He feels extra elated that he just let his body flop on the couch like a little kid. 

 

"Finally!" He mutters as he nestles and fits his body on the sofa leaving his long limbs just to hang. He abruptly pulls himself up after a few blinks and picked the supermarket bag along with him with a wide smile on his face. And the smile go further when he turns his back just to see Nouf still with his coat embracing her soothingly in front of the door where she was awhile ago.

"You're awake." He happily acknowledged.

"You." Comes in daze.

-

"No. No one can own me. This can't be happening. I'm going now." Nouf harshly replies when the guy introduced himself as Park Chanyeol, his one and only owner. Just who the hell he is to think he can own her that easily. She could even sue him if this insisting goes further to forcing and threatening. She was right, she remembers his face from last night. She  thought she's just being paranoid or something at first.

"Hey, you don't get it. This thing’s serious. I am serious. I own you and you'll do whatever I want." Chanyeol just raises his upper lip with both his arms resting on each side of the sofa as his leg leans on the other.

"Yah!! Who the hell do you think you are to own me??!! You know I can report this thing to the cops." She tries giving threats though her face shows the lack of confidence and ease on her stand.

Chanyeol just laughs and moves his right hand motioning her to take her move on her stand. "You really don't have any idea how serious this thing is. You know I would be so much grateful if I were you. You should have seen how those lay their ogling eyes on you. I sort of saved you from those gawking crocodiles, you know." He adds as he breaks his pose and starts rummaging through the supermarket bag.

"Of course, you're no me. You wouldn't know what it feels like." Her voice starts shaking just imagining to what extent this owning thing would bring. She just ditched the trouble she was last night but that doesn't necessarily mean she's no longer entangled. Just look at how this Park Chanyeol abducted and claims her as his. Of course she must be careful of the people to put trust in. And at this very moment, Chanyeol's one on the bottom list, so do Byun Baekhyun. "Come on let's eat. Don't be too harsh on your body." He offers ignoring her outburst.

"I'll go now. Thanks for taking care of me last night. I-I owe you!" She blurts sternly after, turning a blind eye to her growling stomach.

She didn't even waited for any replies and just quickened her pace to the door but a meter before she reaches her hand on the door handle, a blunt "Stop" halts her to go through.

She turns her head just to see Chanyeol in his direction towards her. "W-What?" She stutters seeing the guy's serious face.

“You can’t leave yet.” He still keeps his vacant face.

“W-What?” She repeated as her heart suddenly throbs inside her just by seeing Chanyeol’s approaching figure.

"My coat." His eyes sparkled? But she's not sure what that sparkling means.

"Yo-your what?" She almost choked on her own saliva.

"This one. This is mine. I just let you use it because you're too stupid ditching us without changing some warm clothes." He throws his coat in the sofa before returning to check the stuffs inside the supermarket bag.

Nouf was left pondering about almost everything like how did people discover the Bermuda triangle, how come there are only three power puff girls Professor invented, why do dogs hate cats, what did Albert Einstein supplied himself to have tons of discoveries, such things and others. But the thing that was most emphasized was Chanyeol and the thought that he actually did helped her though the thought of will same thing happen when one of those hormonal s as what Chanyeol asserts happen. Will they lend their coat on her as well? Will they put a piece of cloth on her forehead too? Things of such flooded her mind.

"Hey! Do you even know how to keep this thing soft?" Chanyeol breaks her state, and her jaw almost dropped by the awaiting scene.

"My god! What are you doing?!!!" She exclaims out loud and swiftly jumped on his side to snatch the uncooked noodles from his hand and lightly slaps his mouth for him to spit those caught by his mouth. "Why? Isn't this supposed to be chewed?" He asks in confusion.

"Yes. No. No, I mean it's not good for the health to eat it raw. It should be at least submerged into a hot water." She sighs.

"Oh'", was the only thing left Chanyeol's mouth by his very own unconfirmed stupidity.

It took them almost a minute before the comfortable ambiance got retrieved. "Now, I'm not the only  stupid here." She sneers triggering their loud laughs. Their surrounding didn't hindered them though, and Chanyeol's room's big enough for any noises not to pass through other rooms.

"Why did you even buy this type of food when you don't even know how to eat such?" Nouf raised a question as soon as one of his bodyguards which she remembered was Kai from last night brought a medium sized container of boiling hot water. "It's actually Kai who bought them...." He lowers his head as he continues pouring the hot liquid in each respective cup. And Nouf just continues locking her eyes on the lad's blushing face? Even she herself's not sure of what does the reddening means. Maybe he's just feeling hot. Yes. Just put things like that. She mentally shakes her head and waits for him to continue.

"I told him to buy something you can eat." He closed the container before setting it below the coffee table. "Now, could we eat it now?" His face cheers evading the odd rushing of his blood. "N-not yet. We should wait for the noodles to go soft."

 

 

"You mean like a mafia?" Nouf gawks with both her hands under her chin for support. They've been in a one-on-one conversation where Chanyeol gets to explain everything regarding the result of her ending to be in possession of other people.

"You can say that though it's not really a mafia. Just something between a clan and that mafia thing. And each group or clan in different countries is called a Big. Remember the name of the event last night?" He wittily ask that she just nodded in reply.

"So every year it's kinda a tradition of all Bigs to gather in a bidding event with just one representative per big to test ones richness and influence. And it's the first Korea's hosting the event so they want surprises like what happened last night. Holding the event here in Macau was definitely with their plan in the first place for their surprise to be a big hit. And now here you are." He breathes deeply before giving her a solemn and sympathetic face of sorry? Or maybe not.

"By any chance, you know this is going to happen do you?" Nouf lifted her head up from her hands when the serious tang of the situation got into her.

"Well, I sort of know about it beforehand. Baekhyun told me so." The sudden utterance of the name brought all her memories with Baekhyun like how rude she was when she left him in distress.

"Actually I don't have any bits of likeness to participate in the bid. I just came here because my father's busy so do as my older brother. And I also want to breathe some air of freedom. You know, without them on my side. Until I got a call from Baekhyun telling me to buy the 15th item. He's my childhood friend but he's not in our clan just to clean him." She sighed in disbelief.

"Even Bekhyun has no prior idea about the package deal. He only knew a night before the event and he doesn't want to freak you out so he didn't bothered telling you about it and rather asked for my help."

 

Nouf were about to tear up when Chanyeol finished his story and defended Baekhyun, but she doesn’t want to look overdramatic so he just keep it herself. The thing is she’s not used of other people doing things for her like what Baekhyun had done. It’s only Chen who usually covers everything up for her, and she couldn't believe that a person would do such for her sake.

 

 

"He'll be here in a minute." Chanyeol then speaks up as he searches something through his phone.

"Who?" She asks.

"Baekhyun." 

 

 

Baekhyun just passed by there  in a moment she couldn't even record. He just seemed to deliver her things like her clothes and other important matters. "I'm so sorry Nouf. Take care. Bye~" At least he managed to utter such words, but then after that he just left her a fleeting hug before waving his hand to say goodbye. He didn't even give her the chance thank him and ask his forgiveness by her toughness.

Ugh.

 

 

 

"WWHAT?! What do you mean by I can't leave this place?!" Nouf bombs Chanyeol's eardrums when he inattentively snatched her things and throws it inside the room where she laid and dozed off earlier. "Look. I'm serious, my flight's in an hour. I can't be late." She tries picking her bag to find her passport and plane ticket but Chanyeol raised it above her the time she found the two most important things she has right now. Nouf curses for the guy's gigantic height for her not reaching his abnormally long limbs.

"COME ON!! DON'T TELL ME YOU DO REALLY WANT TO KEEP ME NOW??!" Oops. The words just came out of .

Chanyeol giggles by her statement and even played along. "Would you stay if I say yes?" He leans his head down just to level her face. Joining the jesting set up where a towering guy is using a midget's disadvantage (Not literally midget, Chanyeol's just too tall to be true), a hot rush of blood flows through her face that she could already imagine how her face reddens. All she could just do is to wish that Chanyeol wouldn't notice it. "I'm serious." He adds with a voice of mixed lure and tease.

 "Y-Yah!!" She stammers and tilts her head instantly just to avoid the locked pair of stunning orbs on her. It was like her fairy godmother chose to abandon her and transfer on Chanyeol's side when nothing comes out of .

She wanted to stop Chanyeol for what he was doing and ask him just to let her go. She's innocent in the first place and isn't bound at all to serve anyone. I was born to be a human not a commodity.

 

Kai's timing really , Chanyeol almost cussed when the guy suddenly beamed from the door, head peeking through it. He was wearing his usual look of confidence until he catches a sight of a tomato-faced Nouf with Chanyeol leaning in front of her. Chanyeol's face was a complete tease, but then suddenly heaved of sigh with Kai's great interruption.

 

“Oh’ good morning Nouf!” Nouf’s eyes circled when her face almost touches Kai’s the moment Kai  reached her side . The guy’s face were just inches away from her own that his warm breath already touches against her. With whatever kind of rush her blood did, her cheeks immediately burns up again wherein tilting her head on the side comes her defense mechanism to hide her face.

“Kai! What did I told you by invading my privacy?!” Chanyeol was about to start his usual lecture to one of his favorite man, beside Sehun, when Kai turned his heels away from her and reaches for his boss. “I’m so sorry about that Young Master but I think we have a problem.” He says almost in a whisper tone of confidentiality.

Kai continued his clandestine session to Chanyeol. The latter seemed to neither be amused nor threaten by the other’s report. He just keeps his super blunt face with his eyes not glinting even a little bit of interest.

“Sorry to interrupt you, but I’ll get going now. And thank you again for everything Mr. Park.” Nouf quickly recovered her blushing face and took the opportunity to get out of Chanyeol’s lair. She abruptly grabbed her luggage with her phone and passport that Chanyeol placed back in one swift move and was about to go through the doors when she heard a serious statement of caution.

“Nouf. I’m warning you..stay.” She looks over her shoulder to see the two still on their same position, only this time Chanyeol’s eyes were glued on her. She couldn’t read even a slab on what his face and his statement means. Crap. “Don’t worry. I live by myself in Korea. I can take care of myself.” She doesn’t know if that was the right response or thing to do but she then immediately flashed him a goodbye smile before finally stepping out of the doorframe.

 

“Young Master! Some member’s of the Russian Big are lurking downstairs! She’s in danger.” Kai exclaims in complete anxiousness when his boss just hangs an expression of idleness. The fussed man pulls his hair off with his hands before finally setting his mind of heading to the doors to go after her. “Kai. Do you even trust me?” Chanyeol’s face never hints any progress at the moment as he mutters.

Kai gulps before nodding. “Then call Sehun to get ready my boy.”  He glances on Kai on his shoulder before tugging his lips into a smirk.

 

 

“Ugh!” Nouf could only heave a sigh as she pulls his phone to check what time is it already. “I can’t be late or else I’ll  be in a really big trouble in this foreign place.” She tells herself. She loves strolling and going to different places. Tasting different cuisines and discovering its differences from her homecoutry’s, checking out famous tourist spots, playing on amusement parks and most of all posing and taking souvenir photos to clip on her adventure book, but this time’s a big exception. She just wants to go home and leave all this mess that bidding event muddled her.

 

Dding! The elevator slides open, bringing her consciousness back. Nouf pulled her stroller bag that was leaning on the wall before stepping out of the lift. The corridor all through the reception area didn’t changed  from last night. Still, no one’s spotted lounging here and there except to the two staffs on the counter. Either all what Chanyeol told her was true or not, she couldn’t really doubt the part that he really is a Young Master and is damn rich. Gazing up through the large hanging chandelier that sprinkles its glow all through the area, “Daebak!”, she mentally drools.

 

It didn’t take her much time to grab herself out of that luxurious hotel. If only Nouf didn’t show much amazement and to whatever eye-locking things that hotel has, she wouldn’t be too much in a hurry right now. “! Now how to get a taxi!?” She scratches her head with a sight of vacancy of the hotel’s front porch. There’s no a sight of any cab to hail so she decided of no choice to walk up through the sidewalk of the streets.

 

She reached a corner and there stood on her feet. She caught sight of an empty cab and immediately called for it, luckily the driver noticed her and stopped in front of her. “Uhm’ hello!” She greeted in a shaky tone and the driver nodded in reply after rolling his windows down. She wasn't sure of what to say well more on like how to say since she’s of no knowledge on how these people speak. “Could you usher me to the Airport?” She speaks in English. English is the Universal Language right? Well that’s what she learned in school. Good thing, she knows how to speak in English. Bad thing, she’s not sure if the driver is and did understand her.

In a flash, the car’s engine sped up leaving her smoke that’s not favorable to the environment. Nouf couldn’t believe the driver just left her hanging there. “He could have at least shook his head in rejection not making me inhale his car’s waste!” She grumbled and stomped both her feet forgetting the publicity of her location. Not to mention the coffee shop behind her where she’s starting to earn judging looks.

. For her embarrassment to neglect its progress, she grabs her stroller again and starts finding another place to call a cab. “Nice, now I have to move away because people here don’t like the view of someone just stomping her feet.” She grunts to herself.

Grumbling and grunting as she could, someone just snatches her stroller bag that caught her in surprise making her yelp, not like a dog, just her usual way of yelping where her heart’s at its edge of being thrown up. “Yah!!What the---“ She hisses and was about to cuss when the prior person hauls her inside a car. That’s when she got shoved inside the car that she noticed the car parked at the side of the street. What the hell!! She need to pull herself up because thanks to that person her face got dug on the comforter of the backseat before checking why on the earth this thing happened again where some random people just snatches her and throws her in some random car with random crazy people. “YAH!!—AH SHUT UP WOULD YOU OR ELSE I’LL BE THE ONE TO DELIVER YOU TO THE RUSSIAN BIG!!!” She got shut by that same person that used to shut her last night.

“Sehun!!” The guy was tucking his seatbelt on when he turn to look at Nouf with his very own blunt face. “Now just shut up until I told you not to.”

“What? Where the hell are you taking me? I’m gonna be late for my flight back!” She tried reaching for the car’s door when it  suddenly turned locked. She shifts her look quickly on the front seat only to see a smirking Sehun. “Y-Yah!!!” She stutters with the sight of his new facial expression. That’s just when she acknowledged to herself that this guy’s pretty handsome when he leaves his forever blunt state. He’s really stunning, but she couldn’t really say that, could she?

“Just trust us. Right now there are no other people for you to trust…but us.” Nouf somehow notes in her mind Sehun’s smirking face the moment his natural blunt face made its comeback  just in mere seconds. Us? Does he mean Mr. Park?

 

 

“Sehun?” The guy didn’t bothered to look even just on the rear view mirror, but the ambiance just tells Nouf to continue. “You’re still with Chanyeol right?” She still earns zero response. “Uhm’ You see I really can take care of myself. An if he’s really after the expenses he incurred for paying then I may not know for now but..I’ll figure it out as soon as I graduate and have my own job. I’m not going to run away. I’ll pay him. I promise.” She stays quiet after that and fidgets with the hem of her skirt. She knows she owes him a lot though not literally since she’s innocent in the first place, so do as Baekhyun. They’re all innocent, but with the consequences left to her, she has no choice but to take care of it.

“Stop joking please.” She got astounded when the car suddenly stopped but what surprised her most is the sudden outburst of laughter from no other than Sehun, his eyes forming crescent. “Aist. I think Im gonna be sick.”She wasn’t sure if that was tears of joy that Sehun has to wipe from his eyes. “Now. Just stay here. I’ll be back.”

 

Nouf wasn’t quite sure what to do after Sehun’s remarks. He sounds serious though and...and...different. And that difference even made her disobey him. Nouf pushes the door and pulls herself up to trail Sehun who’s still oblivious of her on his back. He was like ten meters ahead of her when he suddenly made his detour and turned right into some subtle corner between two old buildings. There she notices the emptiness of the place Sehun had brought her. Junks are everywhere with stray and wild dogs loitering around.

A few seconds after, she heard quick footsteps, subtle thumps, whacks, blows and manly screams of fear which were more on like surrender. Nouf had to keep her eyes from blinking when a bleeding man appears from the corner Sehun had entered a few moments ago. His face toning purple almost every parts and his limbs seem melting when he couldn’t keep his balance and fall here and there, he try keeping himself up though but he’s body just surrenders itself. But his agony was then halted before being added when Nouf saw Sehun pulling the almost crawling man from the crook of his shirt to make him face him before landing his beautiful knuckles on his bleeding face. Blood immediately coated Sehun’s fist as he keeps on repeating doing the same thing over and over. “YOU !!!” Leaves Sehun’s mouth before another person holds unto his arm to stop him from giving another blow. It was Chanyeol who is now wearing a black leather jacket with his tight black jeans matching another leather of black shoes.

Sehun throws the man on the ground before turning on Chanyeol’s back. “Your boss really is a . The hormonal one.” Chanyeol speaks as he wipes his knuckles with a hanky Kai has handed him. “You know you look innocent compared to your friends.” Chanyeol continues, face still on his fist. “And because of that..I’ll let you go.” The man was shaking, she could clearly see that just by the way he tries crawling from his back away from the three gorgeous men standing before him. “But you need to do me a favor first.” The desperate man shakes his head harshly.

“No one touches what’s mine!” Chanyeol stops cleaning his hands and turned his back after. “Take note to tell your boss that or else I’ll make your life harder than what hell has to offer.”