1ST BID

Bidding price

 

 

"All guests in."

"Set, check."

"Stereos and bass on."

"Music tune-up."

"Items on."

"Models in."

"Okay we're ready. Cue for the emcee now and we're on after 15 minutes. Get ready everyone. Chop! Chop!" The wicked looking lady exclaims almost deafening everyone inside the authorized area. Even mouse would have trouble hearing after her pitchy eardrum wrecker voice.

"You okay?" Baekhyun shapes his mouth from behind the event organizer as he trails her. He was holding papers that seemed like some sort of a checklist for tonight’s event. He's her assistant for tonight which just explains why he was rattling everywhere.

 

"The 100th Annual Big Event", as what the letterings from the wall of the stage reads. Nouf has no any idea on what this even is all about. All she was told is the diamond necklace that she'll be wearing to sell on the ramp. Just walk to sell this thing was the only thing Baekhyun told her when he locked the adornment and let the metal touch her bare skin.

The thing is she doesn't know Baekhyun that much. She just met him two days ago since Chen ushered him in the airport before tangling herself in this kind of condition. She could still remember the look on Chen's face when he knocked on her apartment when he tried collecting the younger's debt for almost 5 months of accrued rent expense.

Nouf lives alone in Seoul for almost 4 years, and luckily a scholar in a not so prestigious university. Living alone is damn hell hard especially in her case. But Chen treats Nouf like his own little sister, and so do the latter to him. Chen purposely didn’t collected the rental fees for he knows how hard her life was. And he just wanted to help lessen the weights of problems on her shoulder.

After a few more months she's going to receive her certificate of completion in her chosen career. She's going to graduate soon, which just implies her doubled expenditures.

Until one day, Mr. Wu (the owner of the apartment and Chen's boss) noticed his lacking deposits in the bank and threatened Chen to fire him if he won't collect the fees right away. Chen paid half of her debt but he’s currently in a squeezing condition and is lacking with financial resources as well. Nouf promised her to pay as soon as possible until she finds another job. Actually, she works part time in a cafe. But the pay's not enough for her debt to be cleared out. So when one of Chen's friends called him and ask if he have some friends to recommend to him, Nouf immediately grabbed the opportunity without any more detouring thoughts.

Chen was a little hesitant of the one night job of modelling most especially when his friend Baekhyun asked a picture of Nouf. Baekhyun in a flash replied the details after receiving the photo which just added his suspicions but Nouf keeps going through and telling him things regarding practicality. "The pay's pretty nice, net of all travel expenses, all I just need is to walk in a ramp and give them my one of a kind smile. They don't even require any deep experience about modelling. I'll do it. I'll go to Macau. Please don't be against it. This is not just for me. This is for you as well, you know that." Since Nouf started living in the busy workplace of Seoul, Chen was the only one she trusts most. Though she's friends with tons of people like those in the cafe where she works, she's not that easy to give her total trust to anyone. World is a place of all strangers.  Strangers who'll play with you. Strangers who'll deceive you. Strangers who'll kill you by their silence. World is where strangers are free to stroll.

 

 

"Good evening to all of you stunning and great dwellers of Earth! This year's host for the Big is Korea and we're hoping to give you the best of us." The event master finally opened the program with his friendly and enticing look. The audience as well started looking on their respective translating devices to understand what the emcee was trying to say.

The emcee started the event after exactly 15 minutes. Nouf even praised the time loyalty these people have. The emcee talks in English and introduces himself as Kyu..Kyung..Kyungsoo or whatsoever. Nouf could not abandon the butterflies playing inside her stomach and make things surround her useless at the moment.

All models were gathered near the entrance of the ramp and were given the exact and same instructions since yesterday's rehearsal and preparation.

After that all models with their respective items lined up just beside the ramp, behind the back set divider. One by one, models get their turn to showcase their beauties along with their items, some with sparkling jewellery, antiquated remnants and other stuffs that costs more than a life. There were 15 models and with her twist of fate, Nouf was the one to end the event and the one carrying the 15th item in which the event organizer announced as the most special and costly among all items.

Nouf heard different voices exclaiming different prices even before the emcee chops up and closes the bidding to announce the winner. Whines and grunts were heard rather than claps from the backstage which even adds Nouf's throbbing heart. It's the first she's going through such state. You're just going to walk...and smile of course. You can do this Nouf.

Nouf relaxes her exposed shoulders and was ready to face the crowd of people in suit when the emcee motioned her entrance until a hand grabs her wrist from the edge of the final staircase. "Okay. First thing's first. Forgive me. Second goodluck." Baekhyun not even consuming a minute utters before turning her back on him again and pushing her onto the ramp.

Her mind goes buffering by Baekhyun's not-so-in-the-moment statement when her heels point against the shiny ramp. She tried looking back on Baekhyun when the emcee immediately acknowledged her entrance leaving her with the only choice of snapping back to reality and finish her task. She's going home tomorrow though. She's just going to ask Baekhyun what he meant by that as soon as she leaves the stage.

Gracefully devouring each corners of the ramp as what she had rehearsed yesterday, she can't help but to smile forcefully when Baekhyun's words won't leave his mind.

 

Finally, after like years of walking with the diamond necklace she reached the center spot where each model is supposed to stay put until a winner is announced.

Nouf gulps when she noticed what type of crowd was there. She was just too busy with her buzzing thoughts before that she failed to notice that the hall was filled with a very strong and masculine ambiance. She could melt down with all their stares and ogles as she considers but this isn't the right moment to lose control. . How come I didn't noticed that this an all males event. "100 MILLION!!" An old man in his 60's on his luxurious wheelchair swiftly raised his bidding card with a face of indescribable glee. "Oh~ Look who's excited here." The emcee snaps the silence with the old man's sudden spot light. "Okay, so let me explain things first." The emcee took his step until his arm caught her cold nape. Her head immediately tilted on her side to look at the guy touching her. Boys touching girls isn't really her thing. Not to mention the state she is where the only person he could trust is Baekhyun though she's starting to lose that trust he gave just by his vague statement just awhile ago.

Nouf was actually feeling differently cold since yesterday after their rehearsal. And her exposing shoulders dress didn't help much so do Kyungsoo's cold palms against her skin.

Gently shrugging her shoulders, she darts the emcee with a not so comfortable smile telling him to let go but his hold just tightens until it reached her waist.

She couldn't move. Well actually she could, but she's working. Just let this thing slip for now Nouf. She's not that rude to ruin the event though. She's just going to deal things when this diamond necklace gets sold.

"I know everyone’s excited. It's the for crying out loud. Though some are seemingly disappointed for this year's BIGgest item. Just calm down people and listen to me carefully." Nouf wanders her eyes. And based on her observation, almost 70 percent of these hormonal like men are on their 40s and above. Nouf was sure this is a bidding event but there are certain things that got her wondering like why are there no ladies around? Do men like diamond necklace more than ladies do? And just to add, the population inside shares varieties of cultures. Nouf could even distinguish some Indian chitchatting with what she reckon is a Japanese. There was also some Australian which she just merely based by his blue eyes as well as the tan African near the ramp. It's just gives her some peculiar thoughts and she doesn't like it. She doesn't like any of it.

 

"So here's the thing. As we all know this year's not just any ordinary Big event that we usually have every year and as we all know tonight’s the 100th Big Event! We're growing old and staying strong people! So listen, for this year's special item a complete package deal will be offered. You want to know what the package is?" The emcee reaches out his microphone for the crowd to scream along their united WHAT. But those screaming even jammed your uneven breathing. You weren't sure if it's either your body's starting to burn up or by your unpleasant thoughts filling up your mind.

 

"So here it is. This night's special package would include not just a diamond necklace. It will also include...." Kyungsoo teases earning growls of excitement from the crowd.

"It will also include the one wearing the gem---" Nouf's eyes widened in complete shock like she just want to snatch the emcee's microphone and  break it in front of everyone to make this stupid event stop. But loud cheers and jaw dropping bids from the crowd that cut the emcee eventually confused her to even think of the right actions to be taken.

 "200 MILLION!"..."350 MILLION!"..."500 MILLION!"..."700 MILLION!"..

It was when the bidding reached billions that the bidding started moving with a speed of a turtle. "50 BILLION!" A young man in mid 30's raised his card confidently and even gave her a creepy wiggles of his eyebrow like he's going to eat her in any second.  Nouf couldn't help but to keep her mixed emotions visible in her face.

 No one can buy her.

 No one could own her.

 Just no one has the right to bid their price to get her. No one should even dare to.

"Okay 50 BILLION people..No one to beat Russia's representative?" Kyungsoo seems excited with the amount of cash he'll be getting after this year's BIG.

Just with a fleeting moment, the crowd went mesmerized by silence due to the latest and so far the highest bid for the night, but after a few seconds of murmurs from the crowd that drowned her, Nouf finally gain the strength to defend herself. That's it. I'm not going to let this go further.

"Yah!!----150 BILLION!" All eyes should be laid unto Nouf with her supposed exclamation but a sudden bid of a very deep voiced man gathered all attention onto him.

 

Perfectly fitted suit and tie. Perfectly styled black short hair. Perfectly shaped face. Perfectly shining (blunt at the moment) eyes. Perfectly bridged nose. Perfectly curled lips. Just what a perfect man he is.

 

He raised his card with his left hand as his right one holds unto the stem of the goblet. He even carefully checked it first before finally taking a simple sip. Her eyes were actually prone to people handling wine glass with them but this guy makes her feel like it's the first to see such beauty in handling it. He's just too perfect.

 

After a couple of blinks, Nouf got hewed from Kyungsoo’s acknowledgement that pounded in the corners of the hall before he finally repeated the price that closed the special package deal. Nouf and diamond necklace deal.

"Congratulations SK representative!! We all know you'll enjoy this year's final item."

 

-

 

"WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING BAEKHYUN? THIS WAS NOT IN THE CONTRACT!!" Nouf almost give scratches in . Job well done for Kyungsoo when he successfully dragged the lady through the backstage where a worried Baekhyun awaits. "I'm so sorry Nouf. I'll get all these things done. I promise. Just bear with the consequences for a bit!" Baekhyun whimpers like a puppy.

"Chen's going to kill you if he finds this thing out."

"I know. I know. That's why I'm really trying my best to fix this. To tell you, I was also framed up. I never knew about this plan just like you."

"When? Just when did you become aware of this stupid surprise?"

"Just last night...I I was so worried that I couldn't tell you."

"THE BAEKHYUN!! You could have just informed me to prevent this thing to happen." Tears start falling hard from her eyes that it already start stinging.

"No. You don't understand Nouf. We're not in the simple condition as you think we are."

"NO BAEKHYUN! I SHOULDN'T HAVE TRUSTED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE!!" With her words of complete anger, her feet in quick pace moved by themselves leaving the screaming Baekhyunl  behind.

And unluckily, the lad was caught off guard by the event organizer halting his chance to go after her.

 

 

Nouf's tears seem not to stop until she decided to pause just to catch a breath. She didn't even notice how far did her run took her. Releasing her grip on both her knees she turned her head on her back just to see nothing but currents of people moving from here to there.

Good thing: She lost the event hall.

Bad thing: She's lost.

She almost forgot she's in a foreign country and of no other place to go other than the place where all models for the event were staying. Crap. She was sulking remembering her phone inside of her bag. What to do? What to do? She was mentally shrieking out. She has no other place to go and she doesn't speak Cantonese for god's sake.

"UGH!! I should have taken Cantonese lessons if I know this would happen" She’s about to pull her hair when she notice some unpleasant stares surrounding her. Her strolling leads her into a place similar to a market. Stalls of different commodities are placed everywhere. There were even sets of tables for customers' comfort. But Nouf thinks it wasn't the right time to observe the place. What she needs is not to earn looks from other people and just to get herself out of this country, before Baekhyun or any from those people in the BIG event sees her. Trusting other people should never be in her choices at this moment of time.

 

Nouf abruptly fixes herself, sliding her fringe neatly and flattening the uneven spots of her dress. She then realized that she was still wearing the same white dress from that bidding vent. But at least she managed to grab her sneakers before walking out of the hall or else she'll be walking barefoot. Heels were never her thing.

Nouf heaves a sigh when piles of different cuisine and foodstuffs become visibly prepared from side to side. She curses her feet for leading her in such place. She's hungry, she concludes when she heard her babbling stomach.

After a few minutes of walking, the variety of smell from the food stalls evaded and left her nostrils alone. She's thankful her stomach stops complaining as well.

But this time, it's time for her skin to give its complaint. The cold she's been feeling just made its return. She's really going to sue the one who made the dress she's wearing to invitingly welcome the cold in her body.

Without any direction, Nouf just continues her pace of uncertainty. She hugs herself with both her arms, and that’s when her body starts shivering. She wants to stop it but the shivers were just too stubborn to even listen to her. That was when a warm and soft fabric leans against her skin, covering her shoulders. She quickly looked on her right to see nothing but the invisible air. Wrong direction as it was when a cold gust of wind passes though her left side.

A tall lean man walking with great steps walks ahead of her. She doesn't know who the person was, but he's a man of perfect figure. Yes. Just a man of perfect figure just put his coat on her. "Y-Yah!!" She tried calling out but then got reminded by the fact that she's not in Korea to speak in Korean."Your coat." Her voice just turned into a simple mumble when the guy's figure turns smaller in her eyes. "T-Thank you!!" She screamed in English hoping the man would understand.

 

Nouf stopped for a second when the figure completely vanished. That person just strengthened her hopes up. She's gonna get through this difficulty. Even Barrack Obama successfully overcome the immense problem of black discrimination in America, so do the Great Depression during Keynes’s years. Her problem's even nothing compared to those massive agonies. She'll definitely get through this.

"Thank you." Nouf mumbles again when she fixed and wore the coat to keep her skin concealed from the cold weather. Popping both her cheeks with her bare hands, unforeseen strength takes both her wrist respectively on each side. A blunt faced blonde holding her right side and a tan smirking brunette on the other side. "W-Who are you?"

 

-

 

"You know I'll just stay calm and save my energy if I were you." Kai from her side says in great concern when Nouf insisted and fights to get out of the black car to ditch the two weirdos.

The brunette guy introduced himself as Kai and the blonde one as Sehun in honor as Koreans, and even smiles a lot when he looks at her in which is a total contrast to the one on the other side. "Just let her scream all her strength. It's her lost not ours." Sehun idly says as he fixes his eyes on the road though he's not the one driving.

"Just tell me where are we going...please?" Nouf could feel herself burning up. Sweats even started trickling endlessly on her forehead as she tries hiding her wiggling knees. "You'll get your answers girl...have patience."

 

The ride to somewhere Nouf doesn't even know had finally stopped. But she's so much feeling her fever that she didn't noticed how they've reached the place Kai was talking about.

Sure thing, it's a hotel but the glowing porch itself just implies more things that waits. Good thing the sleeves of the coat covered both her wrists by the time the two abductors hold her again so that they couldn't have the idea of her condition and took their advantage of her being weak.

"Please... I am innocent. What do you really want from me? I'm just working for days here and is supposed to go home tomorrow.. Kai-shii, Sehun-shii please let me go." She tried letting go of herself but it's either they're just too strong or she’s just too weak to even pull her hands back.

The two seemed not to hear what Nouf had said when they leisurely waved their hands to the properly dressed lady on the counter. Kai with all his teeth showing up while Sehun just effortlessly waves his hand.

 

It was inside the elevator when Nouf tried to open again. "Pleas---" She didn't even have the chance to finish her first word when Sehun just pulls before pushing her against the wall of the elevator. "Seriously, if you won't shut that mouth of yours, I might just shut it myself." Sehun states in total emptiness. Nouf didn't even dare to look at his face because the impact of the hard wall against her back just even adds the writhe of pain she has been bearing. "Yah! Oh Sehun! You're completely freaking her out. Geez.. Manners Sehun, manners. She's still a girl." Kai snatched her on his side.

Nouf was mentally cursing everything at the moment. If only this staggering fever would just leave her alone , then she'll have the strength to defend herself from these stupid morons. It's just the lord of all woes'  having fun toying her in such conditions.

 

"She's going in." Kai pushes one of his earpiece and motions Sehun to go ahead. "Okay. Go in now Nouf. He's waiting." He gives her one of the most admiring smile of all times before gently guiding her to enter the room and slowly shuts the door behind her.

Oh why am I even here in the first place? That's it. She couldn't even walk straight with those sluggish limbs she have. Even her eyesight's starting to go blur. Thanks to the dim light this giant room have to add her difficulty of going through. Actually, her eyes are two of the healthiest parts she have but with the state she has at the moment, it's becoming to go no use. Her arms were asking for support to the walls as she walks, she couldn't even imagine herself crawling because she's just too weak enough to keep her balance anymore.

 

Her eyes were slowly starting to adjust the dim light inside the room when the moonlight joining the city light flashed through the giant glass window of this specific room she reached. But that wasn't the only thing in the window. There was a figure. A familiar figure that stood in one of the corner of the windows with his hands gripping unto the pull lever of the curtains. He seems the one who turned the curtains off for the room to light up.

"Pabo." The figure utters still with his back facing her. He slowly released his hold on the pull.

With Nouf's uncertain glee, in someway she feels good that she's with people who would somehow understand her language. She just wishes she's in good company too.

"W-Who are you?" She tries speaking in ease though her voice still turned a little shaky. "You should have at least asked the permission of your owner. So disrespectful of you." He was shaking his head in frustration  that become accurately visible against the glowing moonlight from the window.

"WWHAT?" Nouf screamed, voice a little broke. Her sweat even doubled when the figure finally turned his body to face her. A perfect man in a perfect background walks towards her. His footsteps unintentionally deafened her as she keeps ventilating her breathing. Her fever's really killing her. Why now? Why?

Pushing herself from the wall, her feet starts stepping as well when she tried matching the figure's pace but control's out from her that she looks like a limp who just lost her crutches. "Tell me who are you." It was just the time when her strength decided to leave her. She fell...fell on his arms that the figure immediately caught and supported her body. "You should have just accepted your owner in the first place." He bluntly scolds  though his lips tend to curl up a little .

 

Nouf’s still a little conscious though. She could still feel the soft touch behind her when someone carried her  up until a soft surface swallows her whole body. She feels like swimming in a wide delicious pink cotton candy with the softness the comforter giving her as well as its sickening sweet smell.

She tried accumulating all of her left strength just to see the face of the perfect figure that lifted her in this cotton candy bed. Stretching in all she can, she successfully pulled his lids apart from each other that she get to see a couple of perfectly beautiful orbs looking from above right into her. "It's you." shapes before finally closing the apart lids.

 

"You're mine now." He silently chuckles when Nouf tried acknowledging him but failed to say it out. She's sick and definitely tired. Even he himself got tired just by looking at her since she ran away with no other things with her but her white bare dress and comfy sneakers. You're so brave.

He leans over the side of the bed just to pull the hem of the fluffy duvet on top of the sleeping damsel, but with a record of not a second the duvet got pried away when the unconscious lady tugs the coat from her back until she removed the coat herself ending up with her cuddling it in her chest in great comfort disregarding the more warm quilt.

His lips forms an "O" when his effort got rejected but the petty and subtle smile her lips form contagiously tugs the lad's own.

"No one owns me." Blurts in her unconscious state as she continues pushing the warm cloth against her skin, asking for more comfort.