3RD BID

Bidding price

 

 

“Yah!! Why are you even hiding?!! There’s not a thing for you to be ashamed of.” Kai knocks on the door for he doesn’t know how many times. Nouf won’t budge at all. She remained silent since that face-dropping event causing her to dash off of the boys’ faces and lock herself somewhere for her not to be seen anymore.

 “Come on Nouf! Sehun and I already bought you some pads what do you still want?” He frantically fall on his knees and sat his on the floor just in front of the room where Nouf’s burying herself.

“She actually doesn’t know how buying that thing destroyed my image.” Sehun just rolls his head before leaving through the doors to answer his beeping phone. “Oh’ come on, isn’t it normal for girls to have such bleeding?” He asks again. He darts Chanyeol who’s comfortably lying on the same position on his sofa awhile ago as if taking his time to wait for Kai to convince Nouf to get out of the room.

 

“N-Nouf!! You’re bleeding!!” Kai shrieks in sight of some red spots from Nouf’s . They were on their way back to Chanyeol’s deluxe hotel after Nouf finally agreed to come with them. Kai was the one who made things vividly clear to her in persuading her to stay with them. He explained again how other Big’s seriously have their eyes on her just like what Chanyeol explained. “We have to clear the coast first before you can go home.”

Kai, being the friendliest person among the three stepped closer just to stoop down and check the stain on her back. Nouf immediately scanned every bits of information in her mind only to found out that today’s going to be her first day. FIRST DAY OF HER MENSTRUATION PERIOD FOR GOD’S SAKE!!!!.

 

Nouf never thought that shame can cause death because she’s just about to die now. She’s good at running she asserts when she swiftly managed to ran away through the elevator and leave those three hanging and confuse. But they still saw it. They saw that fresh stain of blood on her that is literally going to kill her. Can someone kill me now.

 

“Yah!! Do you even want to go home?!” Chanyeol who finished thinking everything that he needs to think pulls himself up to properly sit on the couch. Well not really since he immediately threw his long limbs on the coffee table.

There was no response until he adds his first statement. “Then just stay there forever if that’s what you really want.” His tone was serious which successfully triggered the person hiding inside the room, making Kai stand on his feet to make his way.

Nouf cried. Her eyes were puffy and are still sparkling a little at the corners. She was hanging her head low as she tries hiding her swollen face.

“Kai. You can go now. I’ll just call you.” Kai obediently walked out of the room but still managed to pat Nouf’s head and give her a reassuring smile.

 

“Remember that confident who bid for you before I did?” He starts speaking not even wanting to break his comfortable seat. “That was his men who prowled outside. He’s such an insecure incompetent hopeless dirty— Yah!! Why are you still crying??!!” That’s when Chanyeol noticed how Nouf was sobbing. Both her hands were harshly rubbing her eyes with her shoulders that were shaking.

“H-Hey!! D-Don’t cry!!” Chanyeol hates to see people crying, it always makes him go anxious. He just hates to see someone abusing and making their eyes swollen after. His hatred and annoyance in crying was tested and proven. He even asked his brother once not to cry during his wake, but as how things usually end Suho would always punch him on his shoulder and scold him for having such crazy and not-so-amusing joke.

“D-Don’t worry. We’ll do everything to keep you safe. Then you can go back to your normal living with Chen and finish your degree I promise.” His legs brought him to stand near Nouf. He nervously leans both his hands on her shoulders to keep her steady. “Stop crying please. Everything’s going to be fine.” He really didn’t mean to say such things. He just wanted to stop her from crying. Yes. He’s just keeping things plain like that in his head.

He keeps on comforting and saying things to calm her but it even made things worse when she started screaming.

“You saw me bleeding!!” She hoarsely screamed, irritating Chanyeol’s eardrums.

“What?!” Have he heard it correctly? Or was he just being kinda paranoid?

“I stained it! Kai saw it! Sehun saw it! You saw it!” Confirmed. He wasn’t hearing things. She really was crying not because of the auction event but over that self-proclaimed embarrassment she had with her blood stain.

Daebak. This girl is D-A-E-B-A-K as in daebak. He would have punched her face if she’s just some people there. He even does such to Kai and Sehun when he doesn’t like things. He’s Park Chanyeol, the second son of SK’s Big master, one of the most influential and richest Big in the whole world. He can do whatever he wants. He can be the law if that’s what he wanted to. But this time Baekhyun’s his law. He can’t imagine himself hiding from Baekhyun with the futile reason of hitting Nouf. Nope. Not at all.

Sighs. “It was only a stain. You could just dry clean it or something.” Lefts his mouth out of the thousands of thoughts brawling in his mind.

“B-But all of you saw it!” Her cry seemed not to subside.

“So what if we saw it? Duh! Isn’t it normal for you to bleed like that?” He raised his brow and crossed both his arms. He’s starting to be really annoyed. Maybe this was one of the reasons why he had never been in a serious commitment with anyone except Baekhyun and someone relating the SK Big.

“That’s not the point. It’s embarrassing! I was embarrassing!”

“Yah! We didn’t laugh nor did any offensive responds did we?” *sighs* ”Okay!Okay! Let’s just put things like this then. We didn’t saw anything okay? Nothing embarrassing. Nothing for you to feel uneasy or shamefaced. It never happened. Now would you just stop crying please.”

“But you saw it—Yes. No. No I mean we shouldn’t.  Aist. You’re really giving me a hard time. Could you just settle with that please?”

Good thing, her sobs finally stopped that he could already talk to her clearly. And that was when they’ve settled that Nouf’s going to stay on Chanyeol’s hotel right on his place and sleep on the exact room where she took her sleep last night while Chanyeol said he would stay on the other room just beside her. He said he’s not that confident to the security the hotel has most especially because he was only with Kai and Sehun since that was what he asked for Suho. And he can’t just let her stay on another room. The closer the better, besides the place’s big enough for them to maintain their privacy.

“How about my university?”

“Baek already settled that.”

 

-

 

Chanyeol was lacing his soft finger against the crook of the polo shirt he picked from his closet when his phone suddenly beeped. He glances over his shoulders to check if it really was his phone before stepping his feet to reach for it.

He placed the cloth on his bed and eventually picked to check the sudden beeping of his phone.

Punching a few codes a sudden message flashed on the screen. His brows crease before he heaved a very deep sigh.

Chanyeol puts his fingers onto the bridge of his nose before finally making his mind. Searching through his contacts, he stops on Suho’s name and tapped the word call from the options.

Effortlessly the person on the other line quickly picked the call just after the first ring. “You can’t change my mind hyung. Just stop it!” He briefly ticked off and ended the call without waiting any reply from the older.

 

11:00 PM. Chanyeol’s wristwatch points. He was wearing a plain white v-necked shirt covered by his plain black coat that matches well with his skinny dark pants. He would literally kill every lady with his looks.

Compared to his formal and respectful brother, Chanyeol’s the sassy and playful one. He would always party late and make up with girls he just met even just in minutes.  He’s the youngest so it’s not really different for him to be spoiled.

“I bet you’re delicious more than anything served here.” A blonde lady with coruscant blue eyes winks on Chanyeol. The latter was in between ladies he isn’t sure of nationalities, they’re all pretty that’s what he’s only sure of since he entered this classy bar which is on his top list bar. Macau’s one of his favorite place ever. Delicious food. Nice sceneries. They have perfect hotels in there. No one judges him. Wild ladies etc. He just really loves the place.

“To tell you, I’m far tastier than France’s Cote de Nuits wine.” He whispers ily. He gives the flirtingly snuggling lady on her side an inviting wink before taking a sip on his drink.

The blonde lady beside her wanders both her dirty hands on Chanyeol’s chest. Eventually, his black coat was nowhere to be found at the moment, his body suffering from different touches these ladies are giving.

The blonde lady who’s closet to him nibbles on the lad’s neck to get his attention from drinking. Successfully, Chanyeol tilts his head down to see the blondie smirking. Chanyeol smirked as well before finally putting down his drink to the table.

He swiftly caught the blondie’s neck and pulls it towards his face when his phone suddenly vibrated, indicating an incoming call. Actually, it has been ringing like a couple of times before but he keeps of avoiding it because he knows it’s either one of his men or Suho who’s calling just to tell him to wrap everything up and call it a day. GEEZ. He wasn’t even able to go out last night because of the auction so he should really be keeping up to have his thing of fun. It is also the first he was left by his brother to his own will with only two men by his side.

“Ugh!” The blondie whined when he chose to break the almost touching of their lips and answered the call. “Now what?” He grunts, pulling back the dissatisfied blonde to warm his body by her hot butterfly kisses. “ Young Master, we need to go no--” He heard Kai’s irritated voice. It was weird how he turned to voice out his irritation to him, but he just shrugged the thought. “Oh shut up Kai!” Chanyeol just cut him off. “Young Master!” Did he just raised his voice? Chanyeol knows he isn’t completely sober but he’s a hundred and one percent sure he can apprehend things clearly. Kai just raised his voice on him. He just did.

Chanyeol just let out a sarcastic laugh of disbelief. “Young Master. Just let us go ahead then. Or even Sehun. Or me.” His tone turns like pleading in Chanyeol’s ears. He got irritated so he hastily pull himself up leaving the leaning girls on him hanging and falling against each other.

The area was crowded and his neck also turned heavy and painful again, similar to what he usually feel. Party and disco lights made his eyes blind in a fleeting moment before making everything blur to him. He’s eyes beginning to go sensitive to lights again.

His body was still swinging though so he tried his best to retain his composure as he went to find some crowd free area. Until the bathroom results as his only choice of solemnity.  “Yah!! Mr. Kim Jongin. Just who are you to speak to me like that!” He directly yells through the phone. He even heard some vague murmurs from the other line which he assumed as his other man, Sehun.

“You work for me, just to remind you that.”---“I just don’t feel at ease leaving her by herself Young Master.”

They spoke almost at the same time, they’re sure they apprehended both their words. “Aist. Yeah right. That tomato girl.” Chanyeol ended the call in one click and decided to stay a little bit to rinse himself just a little bit or else he’ll throw up just somewhere. He’s sure he has the strongest alcohol tolerance among SK’s Big. And he’s also confident against other Big’s. But then the vomiting thing he usually does can never be avoided. And that’s what he is trying to evade at the moment.

 

He turns the faucet on and runs both his hands through the running water before splashing some to his face. Trickles of water soaking his fringe making it stick to his forehead. He blinks a couple of times and faced Mr. Park Chanyeol on the mirror in front of him. He’s idle. He’s vacant. Even he himself couldn’t see the real Park Chanyeol hiding behind his face. Is he happy? Well, he really want to. Have fun as much as you can was even his greatest belief in life so he should really be happy. But why does this face in the mirror says something different. Something he wasn’t even aware of. Something not so Park Chanyeol—

He turned to see his phone ringing again flashing a name really close to his heart. “Yoboseyo?! Baekhyun-ahh!” He chirps after messing his hair with his wet hands. “N-Nouf?” He stutters when the guy suddenly asked about the bidding package he had availed. “Oh’ She-uhm-She’s definitely fine. Uhm I already told her everything and she also agreed to the plan. Uhm she understands everything now. Don’t worry.” What’s with this sudden stuttering? He mentally slaps himself. He’s obviously guilty. But WHY?

“YAH!! PARK CHANYEOL!! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO HER??!!!” Chanyeol has to bring the phone far from his ear to because he was yelling really hard on the other line. “Hey! Don’t you trust me?! She’s absolutely fine!! Now would you come down a little bit? You might cause damage to my ears.” He replies nonchalantly though deep inside he’s shrieking. “I’m warning you Park Chanyeol. I’m going to kill you if something happens to her.” He threatens causing Chanyeol to gulp hardly.

Baekhyun’s just like his brother. He’s not just close to him. He’s also close with Suho and SK’s Big Master and even drinks with him. He’s that close to SK’s Big. He was even offered a thousand times to be part of the Big but rejection’s on top of his answer list. “It’s not really my thing, I want a simple normal life you know”, he always says to Chanyeol everytime he nags the older to accept the Master’s offer to be the inheritor since Suho in the first place wants to focus the business field SK’s Big has, so do as Chanyeol who has its own reason to shake his head as an answer to his father.  So if in case no one would grab the offer as the inheritor, it would be Suho, as the oldest son, to take over the position.

 

“Uhm-I need to go now Baek-I’ll just call you-Bye!” He had never expected that it would just be Baekhyun who will completely wake all his senses up and make him in absolute sober. So after sliding his phone on his pocket, he immediately dragged himself out of the bar just to see his two men waiting just outside the car with worried faces.

 

 

 “So she insisted to go out?” Chanyeol repeats to clear Sehun’s report from the staffs of the hotel. Sehun just nodded before pressing their floor number.

“Make sure to double check the area before you doze off and as well as to reinstruct the staffs to tighten the security.” The highest of the three orders the two men in black suit in send-off. “Oh’ and one last thing. I want an American breakfast for tomorrow.”

Chanyeol wasn’t expecting what welcomed him as soon as stepped inside the room. It was dark, and the scene was very much alike to last night’s, the moon still lively glowing creating dim light through the wide living area jamming along with the forever vigorous city lights.

NO. Of course there’s a big difference. He should be the one who’s pulling the curtains to the sides not…He searches everywhere in the room to see nothing..no one.

Weird.

 

He passed by every room to check where her animating property is roaming but gets to see nothing but the vacancy of his place. That’s when he realized how boring his room is. No flat screens, no cd or dvd players, amps and any other stuffs to keep a modernized person alive. Of course there’s a kitchen but there’s nothing stuffed there since it’s his men’s task to prepare his meal after all. And besides he doesn’t stay that much there everytime he gets to stay at Macau. He’s always outside playing and playing and playing. 

She really might have killed herself in too much boredom.

 

It’s not that Chanyeol really means to own her or treat her something special that he’ll intentionally passed by a drive-through to fetch some food for her. First of all, it was all Kai’s idea and second triggering Baekhyun’s REAL anger never did come to his mind since he first met the guy. He’s just too afraid of the older.

“Pabo.Pabo.” Chanyeol knocks himself when he almost forgot the very first possible place where Nouf is. Her room. Maybe it’s some after effect of the alcohol, meaning he’s still not a hundred percent sober? Or just stupidity? Of course he’ll never think of the last one.

He knocks twice but receives nothing. Maybe she’s already sleeping? He thought.

He knocks again for the third time not caring if the person inside really is in deep sleep or not. All he just need is to make that person eat whatever Kai had ordered.

But what if she really killed herself because of too much boredom?

Just the thought freaked him out. No. She can’t kill herself yet. Not that she’s still here under his care.  Of course the doors inside this room don’t have locks. They owned it and he personally asked for the doors of his special room to be locked free for convenient purposes.

After busying himself from the sudden remembrance, he rapidly grabbed onto the handle and pushed the door open. “Hey---YAH!!! WTF!” He cursed under his breath when a soft pointy object clobbers through the whites of his left eye. “WHAT DO YOU THINK ARE YOU DOING?!ARGH!!” He tries keeping his eyes dry but he knows he won’t win over this nature. Of course, he’ll tear up; it’s a sensitive part this girl has hit.

“It’s nothing compared to the sickness you gave me!!!” She retorted back, having another bullet of pillow to throw to the lad.

It took him around five or more minutes before he managed to keep himself from crying over that pillow strike. “You really are sick!” He yells in sarcasm before pulling the plastic bag he dropped awhile ago.

“Who would not? You left with me here alone. You told me not to get out so I didn’t. I tried entertaining myself despite of the dullness this room has. I even thought of strangling myself due to boredom but then I thought I still need to get home and graduate so successfully I escaped from the thought. But then I got hungry and Oh’ your kitchen’s great there’s not even a thing in it to put in my decaying stomach. Then I tried calling but UNLUCKILY my phone’s not connected in the network here. Ooh~ And I even tried getting out of here but your people just won’t let me saying it’s an order from Mr. Park Chanyeol, their Young Master?”  She crossed her arms.

“You know..I wished you shouldn’t have participated in the auction.” She immediately added before sighing helplessly.

“What?!!”

“If only the Russian guy won the bidding, I’m not facing starvation right now.” Those words weren’t really that hurtful but it hurts him. A lot. He maybe vicious, but not to this extent where innocent people suffers because of him. He may be impudent but some parts of him also have compassion.

Chanyeol then halts his realization when he saw her picking up her luggages. . She’s leaving

Hey!!! Where do you think you’re going?” He asks, stammering of what to do. The thought of the food service this hotel has just suddenly popped in his mind but then he remeber Nouf doesn't speak Cantonese, and besides there's no more time for him to discuss such thing. Nouf is leaving and Baek's going to kill him which what matters most now.

“What? Are you still expecting me to wait for another day of depriving? Well I’m sorry because I’m leaving now.”

“No. No you can’t!!!”

“I’m sorry Mr. Park Chanyeol. But this really won’t work. I’m going now.”

Chanyeol could only trail her and blurt lame reasons to make her change her mind like “You don’t know Cantonese”, “Life in Macau’s really tough than what you thinks it is”, “There are thousands of crooks waiting for you outside”, until something caught the damsel to stop her pace.

“They’re after you!” Chanyeol says in his most desperate tone.

“Mr. Park. Thanks for the concern but, I really can take care of myself.”

And besides didn’t he threaten the suspected party this morning? And from the look those guys have when the three beat them up, they won’t dare to go against them again. They were like scared to death. But Nouf couldn’t really say that to him could she? What do we know, it might lighten his mind and use it to tie her neck and make her stay.

DDING~

Nouf could almost engulf her freedom when two gorgeous walks out of the elevator.

“N-Nouf?!! Where are you going?” Kai asked as soon as the doors slid open flaunting Nouf with her luggage and Chanyeol with a hopeless face behind her.

“I need to go now. I am so grateful for everything.” She promptly vowed on each of them, but the moment she straightens back her torso to grab her stroller bag, Sehun without prior notice already snatched it, dragging it back to Chanyeol’s room.

“YAH!! Sehun!!!”

Nouf was currently exclaiming Sehun’s name to get her luggage back when someone grabs her on her wrist. Glancing to her right, there she saw Kai.

“Nouf, you do know how dangerous your state is right?”

“Kai—“

“Look, we notice some prowling civilians from outside the building. We’re not that sure from which Big they are, but my suspicion is still on the Russian. “

“Ka—I-I’m sorry.” This time it was Chanyeol who cut her.

“Just stay, please.” The thing is, Nouf just only wanted the guy to say sorry. It is those three words that she has been waiting since he pushed that door open and entered.

Reasoning means being guilty to the extent of defending and cleaning yourself from something that you have done, while being sorry on the other hand is accepting the mistake that you have committed and being earnest not to commit the same again.

“ I am sorry”, three powerful words that could wipe every piece of anger away.