6TH BID

Bidding price

 

Chanyeol’s jaw almost dropped when he caught sight of a lady in a trying-to-be-not-catchy hood jacket with camouflage design and neon coloured skinny jeans wrapping her slim and slender thighs. If Chanyeol was to choose, he’d rather drag himself out of the coffee shop as fast as he could before the lady acknowledges him but he was the sole root why this lady is silently seated on one of the corner tables of the shop. He’s the sole reason why she was dressed overdramatically in such way. He asked her to come to have someone to listen to his confusing and sudden infatuation and he has to face her now.

“Chanyeollie!!!” The theatrically dressed lady instantly placed his cup of coffee down on the table before raising her hand to get Chanyeol’s attention.

Rubbing the back of his neck, Chanyeol did afford to smile back on her and raised his hand in acknowledgement as well.

“Yah! Jul! What the hell do you think are you wearing?” Chanyeol bursts out as soon as he reached the table of the dazzling in color lady.

“Yah!! Why are you even shouting? Haven’t you told me to dress something that’ll not draw people’s attention?” She hissed as she adjusts her hood to cover her face.

 

 

“So tell me, that’s your definition of not getting people’s attention?” Chanyeol crossed his arms. “Camouflage designed hood? Neon coloured skinny pants? And oh you also have those large specs there. Geez. Never in my life has the thought of you embarrassing yourself come.” He points on the fashion eyeglasses on the table just beside her leaning elbow.

 

 

“Yah!! I am Hwang Jul, Macau’s in demand star who causes log jams in ticket stations every time a movie of mine gets played in cinemas. Everyone here loves me. And everything I do is as perfect as the secrecy of Bermuda Triangle in the eyes of my fans.” She exaggeratedly flipped her hair and stuck her tongue out like a little kid.

 “I am so done with your feels with your fans Jul okay fine just cut it out.” Chanyeol shakes his head. “I wonder what charm did you used you used to captivate Suho-hyung.” He thinks but a snicker from across the table just woke him up that his tongue really did uttered his thoughts out loud.

“I should be the one asking that. I mean you’re hyung’s a total freak. I mean he’s busy I am busy, we rarely get to see each other. And all we get to do everytime we unite is to eat dinner with just a little wine saying he doesn’t want me to enhance my alcohol tolerance and then he escorts me back home and kisses me on my forehead.” She breathes deeply. “Come to think of it we’ve been dating for almost 8 years and yet nothing still happened to us. I haven’t still tasted the real hi—“Jul almost fell on her seat when Chanyeol puts a hand on with great force.”

 

 

“Yah!! You really trying to destroy your image are you? Just to tell you, all eyes are on you for having that label of being a star.” Chanyeol sighs before letting go of his older brother’s girlfriend. They’re pretty much close. So do as with Kai and Sehun since he’s always with the two. He could share almost everything to her. They’re that close. Their childhood friends along with Baekhyun and Suho.

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol, when they were still 9 in grade school confessed their feelings to their noona. She’s their ideal woman until Jul at the age of 11 admitted her crush on Suho.

 

 

 Suho, a bit taken aback ignored her and said he’s not interested and all in his mind is about how he’ll get himself ready to inherit their family’s business. And it was when they were 14 that Suho finally accepted Jul’s affection. He clears himself out though everytime Chanyeol gets the chance to ask him things like “Have you two done it already?” and such. Suho sure loves Jul but he isn’t the kind of man who favors premarital which seems as Jul’s greatest desire at the very moment.

 

 

“Okay Okay. Your brother’s just really making me sick… he should have at least watched my latest movie.” She whines and acts like a little child again making Chanyeol wrap her head with his hood.

“Aist. Jinjja it’s your get up that really makes me sick.”

“You don’t really understand it don’t you?” Jul’s normal and formal face just made its comeback and Chanyeol gets to raise his eyebrow at this.

“Duh. This!” She points at her camouflage hood down to every exaggerated thing she currently wears.

 

 

“I did it on purpose you know. I am Hwang Jul. The most respected star. The desired actress of all shows, most wanted endorser of every brand, and the fashion icon almost everyone looks up on.” She said with too spilling confidence. 

“So?” Chanyeol’s brows crease.

 

 

“DUH! As a very much known fashion icon there’s no one who will think that I am Hwang Jul right now. I mean right in this extraterrestrial get up. People would just simply think that I’m just a fan that idolizes myself too much or maybe something like a cosplayer. ” She bats her eyelashes self-assuredly.

“Whatever just please next time let’s meet on either your place or just mine. Like seriously, I am so embarrassed right now.”

“Aigoo~ That’s my Chanyeollie. My rude and boorish Chanyeollie.” She tries reaching on the man across her but failed when she received a glaring look warning her not to get close to him.

 

 

“Fine. Fine.” She leans back disappointedly.

“I missed you so much I was starting to get mad when I knew you were here. You young man. Are you that busy not to inform me that you’ll be here?”  The splashed with color lady starts fuming as she crosses her arms.

“That’s why I asked you out today right?” Chanyeol replies.

“You can’t fool me.” She rolls her eyes before sipping on her cup of coffee again. “For sure, you just need something or someone to talk to. You’re just like your brother. No one really loves me.” She shakes her head in sympathy for herself.

“Jul please we’re not on shoot you don’t really have to do that.” Chanyeol just shrugs and pulls the cup in front of her and tastes the bittersweet taste of the coffee himself.

 

“So what do you have to share now?” Her tone went serious that Chanyeol has to clear his throat to begin his aim for this meeting.

“So there’s this girl— OMFG CHANYEOLLIE I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!” Chanyeol has to shoot her another look just to make her sit again on her seat. Maybe it was a bad idea to say this thing to her. Chanyeol thinks but then he has no other choice.

 

 

Suho = FOREVER BUSY (He even rarely get to see her girlfriend)

KAI & SEHUN = Nope !! (They’ll just laugh at him for sure)

BAEKHYUN = NEVER EVER EVER!! (He’s her sort of a guardian. He’ll literally kill him.)

Yup.

It’s just Jul.

Just her.

 

 

“I met her during this year’s Big event.” And Jul nods her head gleefully in that. “There was this set up thing where our Baekhyunnie here accidentally got entangled. But that’s not really the case. He got sauced up with a girl. An innocent one— oww~” Jul cuts out that Chanyeol  just rolled his eyes.

“So Baekhyun here kinda earned some responsibility over this innocent girl. But it’s not just them who are involved. As far as we know Russians are involved so WE, since Baekhyun asked some hand to take care of this girl.”—“And? And?” Jul couldn’t help herself to spazz.

 

 

“Jul please?” Chanyeol sounds irritated but his face says something different. Was that a flush on his face? Jul mentally chuckles.

Jul makes an act of zipping and motions the lad to continue and don’t mind her, but Chanyeol heaves a sigh first as if preparing himself for the heavier part to release.

 

 

“She’s staying with us for more than a week now.” He gulps thinking if saying this thing would even help. “I..I think..No! I mean I feel—“ He was about to continue uttering things to delay his confession when a moving Jul caught him. Relax .He sees Jul breathing in and out exaggeratedly. Usually Chanyeol laughs everytime Jul does some absurd things like that. Things making him doubt whether Jul really is an in demand star in Macau. But he considers this time as an exemption.

 

 

 He has no time to notice her. All he need is to release that extremely mad tension inside him. That nutty pressure that makes him thinks something odd everytime he sees Nouf and her attractive in his own way lips. There was even that time when he passed by the kitchen just to see Nouf who’s suiting herself with a glass of water. Chanyeol literally stopped just to stare on those wet pair of plump lips but then a raised-brow Nouf jolts his consciousness back. He could only wish Nouf didn’t notice where his eyes were buried. Not to mention that night when he carried her through the hotel down to her bed because she was tremendously drunk she couldn’t even stand on her own feet. There was that crazy mad urge again but that time was the most remarkable one. He wants to touch her. Like touch her everywhere. Her hair was dishevelled but that just even adds to the beauty his eyes perceive.

Chanyeol could only laugh. He’s drunk though he’s sober. But that doesn’t excuse him to not to be hard. Usually drunk people get the least possibility to get hard, that’s what he learned from one of his teacher. But then the sleeping damsel below him just makes it all wrong. He did notice it late but that dress he picked for her really shaped her body well revealing her shape that she has been hiding. She’s stunningly gorgeous. And it just makes him go hard. That special urge just makes him go crazy. He wants to touch her, mark her, kiss her…. her.

But he can’t.

If it’s just some random girl from the bar, he’ll just basically end ing on her that time but NO. He can’t. She’s different. She’s Nouf.  She’s his. And he can’t move himself as well. Yes, the urge was striking so hard but he can’t move his own body like someone just frozen his limbs for not moving.

 

 

Chanyeol thought that was a bit of unfair. He owns her though. He can do whatever he wants to her. But that frozen thing was somehow one of the thing Chanyeol was most thankful of. He might want her so bad that time but that doesn’t plainly give him the right to so. She’s his. But he just can’t.

He sighs in defeat. And that was when the ice in his limbs went melting that he could move again. He did moved though. But not to do something spiteful. Chanyeol moves over the edge of the bed just to pull the cover sheets of the bed and put it onto her. He sighs again before flashing what he’s not certain was a smile.

 

 

“I- I think I like her.” Comes as mumble but still not a reason for Jul not to hear. Chanyeol closed his eyes the moment those words left his mouth. He’s afraid to know what reactions her noona would give her. Crap. Now she’s going to tease me my whole life. He groans mentally but when he squints his eyes to look at her, what he only saw was a vacant face.

 

 

“Jul? Have you heard what I just said?” His eyes twitch so sudden while asking. “Chanyeol. You like me too, so do us other girls you always meet just somewhere.” She says plainly as if the thought of Chanyeol being a sassy just won over her mind.

 

 

“No. Jul. It’s just not like that. I mean I kissed her this morning.” Chanyeol felt how warm his face turns now but he just continues brawling against Jul’s argument.  

“Do you want me to count how many times you hit on random girls and make out on them just a night after?” She points out.

“NO JUL! She’s different!!” He may not noticed it at first but his voiced indeed was raised up that Jul has to cover her face because some of the customers are now darting them different looks. Some annoyed while some confused.

“Could you keep your voice down? You punk what if they notice me and starts spreading rumors that I’m dating someone younger than me?! Aist!!” He barks silently as she tries to pick her specs up, suddenly forgetting her principle of not getting caught by her fans by her presumed witty plan of not getting noticed.

 

 

“But Jul I know this feeling is different. Amazingly different. I know I really like her a lot. I do.” He continues though not really minding the gazes they’re earning from all over the people inside the coffee shop.

“Okay Okay I believe you. Just please lower your voice please? I’m going to be in trouble because of you. Aist.” She begs still trying to act natural in hiding her face with her hood.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Jul need to find some other place to continue their discussion because the people from the café where they met up earlier didn’t leave their gazes on them until they finally decided to leave.

Chanyeol also asked Jul to change her clothes before going to another place because he really just can’t stand it anymore.

 

 

The ended up in a luxurious restaurant, where Jul and Suho used to eat, since the sun’s bleeding hot for the afternoon for them to eat lunch just outside and besides people would easily recognize Jul that way.

 

 

“Think about it Chanyeol, and besides there’s nothing wrong in trying.” Jul could only give him the sweetest smile she has before Chanyeol bids his goodbye. Chanyeol ushered her to her flat after their lunch. Actually they’re supposed to go out and spend the whole day of having fun, Jul being the most understanding Noona Chanyeol has, said she’ll give him the day to just by himself and think. It’s the thing you need most for now. She said that noon in the restaurant.

 

 

“Yeah. Like how hyung tried to accept your tender liking after clinging on him for years.” Chanyeol mocks though he’s frantically purring inside just by thinking what would happen now that he just rigidly affirmed his affection for this innocent girl named Nouf.

 

 

“Yah!! At least he gets to realize that he really like me by trying to accept me.” She sticks her tongue out from the ajar door of her room.

Chanyeol just laughed at this.

 

 

“Just go now and have your time to reflect young man. Oh and one last thing, please stop calling me by my name I’m still older than you.” Jul was about to close her door when Chanyeol calls out her name out loud.

“What now?”

 

 

“Suho hyung did go to the cinemas to watch your movie on its first day of showing in Korea.” Chanyeol could see how that smile creeps up on her face. “He even asked me to come with him but sadly I have my flight back then.”