5TH BID

Bidding price

 

Time do flies and sometimes teleports for Nouf not to feel that it’s been almost a week with Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol’s company. She couldn’t deny the fact that they’re persons everyone would love and treasure a lot. Though sometimes some things wouldn’t really work within them most especially with Chanyeol who keeps on making use of his tie on her as his owner, but she could really put up with every weird things he asks, like not letting a bit of light gleam every night because he said lights make his eyes go sensitive which sometimes gives him headaches, and just other small things. He really isn’t putting much pressure on her. She thought maybe he’s not really taking seriously his illicit rights on her as his owner which is mostly favorable to her.

 

Kai, he’s the sweetest among the three. He’ll be the first person to approach her and ask her something. He really knows it when something’s bothering her or when she needs something but can’t say it aloud, just like that very day when Nouf realized that she already emptied her stock of sanitary napkins inside the bathroom. Luckily Kai ushered something to Chanyeol that he passed by the only bathroom of the room and heard some things falling here and there inside the bathroom. Eventually, it was Nouf when she got stumbling on some things inside because she’s too nervous to even think of what to do. So the day ended with Kai knocking and asking what her problem is. He’s just too caring.

Well Sehun’s also caring; he just makes his moves swift and silent. He doesn’t want his actions to be noticed by other people. It was that day at the greenhouse when he mutely handed her a piece of towel and bottle of water after harvesting the tomato fruits. He’s the most humble person she had ever seen.

And of course Mr. Park Chanyeol, the sassiest but sometimes CARING Young Master. He’s still unpredictable though. He still goes clubbing sometimes but not as late since Nouf’s first day under Chanyeol’s governance. He goes back in the hotel with a strong striking smell of alcohol all over him but what amazes her is that he still goes home soberly that he could still walk straight and answer questions correctly. Nouf wanted to tell him to control his habit of drinking since it’s been known that it never is good for the health, but then she doesn’t want to look nosy so she just decided to stay silent.

 

 

There was this day when Nouf thought that maybe Chanyeol’s just deceiving her and preparing her for some underground business and that he’s going to sell her to other Bigs after. But good thing Baekhyun once paid her a visit where she finally got the chance to speak out all the bother inside her. Baekhyun just laughed uneasily when Nouf keeps on asking for forgiveness. He pats her on her shoulders and tells her to stop but she just wouldn’t so Baekhyun thought of Chen to divert her attention which successfully worked.

Baekhyun said that he didn’t tell Chen the exact situation Nouf is currently squished and made up other stories which were effectively bitten by Chen. “Chen’s a very good friend of mine. He really trusts me and you know how hard it is to fix a broken trust.” Nouf nods and gave him a remorseful look. “For now just be with Chanyeol. It may not be obvious, but he’s the person I trust most.”

 

 

The interest Nouf had grown inside her never caved in nor dwindled. It never left her. She still wants to know more of him, to know more about the Young Master, to know more Park Chanyeol.

 

Sometimes Chanyeol brings her on some tourist spots and attractions in Macau with his consistent argument of keeping her not to steal works from the workers of the hotel. She’s like being tour guided by SK’s youngest son, Mr. Park Chanyeol.

“Okay hana-dul-set SMILE!!” Kai cheers when he finally caught the right angle with the camera pressed against one of his eyes.

“Okay one more. Kindly move a little to your left Nouf, don’t block the sunset-There!-There! Okay steady. One Two Three – Say Kimchi!” Kai pulls back the camera and checks his last capture.

“Let me see! Let me see!” Nouf budges over him but got shoved by Kai right away.

“One more! I’m not satisfied with my captures.” He frustratingly fixes the camera on his face again.

“No need to be serious Kai. She’s just going to stick it on her adventure book. It’s not going to be published on magazines. Now hurry up, I’m hungry.” Chanyeol from behind him who’s comfortably settled on one of the tables of the seaside café chirps.

“No. Something’s just….YOUNG MASTER!!!” Kai’s eyes sparked. Chanyeol just raised him a brow.

“Go stand beside her!”Chanyeol stares at him for around 5 seconds before he let out a sarcastic laugh.

“You’re her owner right? You should be with her.” Kai seriously avers.

“Come on Young Master.”

“Kai just—Okay then.” Chanyeol cuts Nouf when he stands up and moves beside her. He took a glance of the bleeding sun firstly before turning his back to face Kai’s awaiting to be shut camera.

“This would be my first photo with my Nouf then.” He mutters when he swiftly snakes his arm on her shoulders before posing one of his perfect smiles. Nouf was uncertain if she heard him correctly so she leans his head up to peep on him with his half bewildered-half shocked face.

His what?

Perfect!!” Kai applauded to himself when the camera shut for the last time.

 

-

 

It was one of Chanyeol’s surprises to wake Nouf from a loud bang and crash from the living room. Effectively, Nouf almost stumbled just to get to the living room where the sound was just to see Sehun and Chanyeol watching Iron Man 3 with the newly installed flat screen TV with large speakers on each side. There were also stacks of DVDs piled just beside the player.

Chanyeol made a simple rehabilitation in his place and sort of upgraded every appliances and technologies it have. Not that he really wants to, it was because Baekhyun recommended which turned to be some kind of a threat for him to do so since it was what Baekhyun had observed during his last visit on Chanyeol’s place that should be fixed.

 

“Good morning Nouffie!!!” Kai beamed from the kitchen with popcorns on his hold.

“Oh God! Let me sleep. It’s still 6 in the morning to watch Iron Man fight another Iron Man.” She grumbled still with her bed hair.

“Come on Nouf we wake too early just to keep this thing installed.” Kai placed the popcorns on the coffee table and flopped on the single couch.

“But I’m too sleepy.” She even yawned in proof.

“Yah!! Xi Nouf!! Come here or else— Coming~” Nouf didn’t even let Chanyeol finish his statement because she knows it’s just all about threatening and using his stand as her owner and she’s no win over that. He’s the master. He’s the owner. She just really hates it. No. Not really, just  sometimes.

The movie was starting to go intense, it was that part where the real Iron Man gets to chase the imposter one and save the passengers of the airplane. Sehun was seriously gluing his eyes on the screen while Kai on the other side was excitedly kicking and punching his limbs to contain his feels.

She glanced on Chanyeol who’s also watching seriously but not as serious as Sehun. No one could really beat him. While Sehun and Kai was occupying the single sofas on each side of the table, Chanyeol and Nouf was settled on the longer sofa with just a little space being squeezed in between them.

Truthfully, Nouf never felt that dozy her entire life. She just really wants to sleep so badly.

She blinks. She sees Iron Man picking one of the falling passengers in the air.

She blinks. Iron Man already saved two people.

She blinks. 4 of them were already hooked on one another.

She blinks. She can’t count it anymore because he saved too many now.

She’s just supposed to blink again but her eyelids decided not to leave each other this time, and she ended dozing off.

 

 

Chanyeol almost skipped breathing when Iron Man successfully saved and landed all the passengers of the crashing airplane safely. That was an intense scene, he admits to himself.

He sighed but this time not because of the movie but because of a weight leaning on his shoulder.

“Pabo, you missed one of the best parts.”

 

-

 

Chanyeol really is a stubborn headed delinquent child. He makes Nouf torture herself just to understand him. But’s he’s just so rigid to cover himself and not to be understood. He’s so selfish that he doesn’t want others to feel the pain he’s feeling, too selfish to be devastated just by himself.

Nouf only last saw Chanyeol angrily talking to Sehun up to the extent of smashing the latter’s phone before he grabbed her wrist and dragged her on his car.

“Chanyeol what happened? Where are we going?!” She quickly uttered the moment Chanyeol gets a hold of the steering wheel.

Chanyeol breathes deeply first before glancing over her.

“I miss clubbing. And as your owner I demand you to go with me.” Like a shot, his mood changed when he smirked which gave Nouf some creeps.

 

They passed by some store to get changed first. Chanyeol, just with his usual style of plain shirt with a coat hanging on his arm, his hair styled up with dark eyeliners emphasizing his dazzling orbs. He was also the one to choose for her outfit since she has no backgrounds on such things.

Ending up with a black plain fit dress that shaped her body well with her shoulders being revealed, her hair was just left sprawling on her shoulders with her thick eyelashes curving up with the dark mascara matching up well her dress.

“Let’s go.”

 

The loud music almost breaks her eardrums the moment the club engulfed her inside. Chanyeol let her enter first as he guides her with his hand on her back. That simple touch sent thousands of electricity to her that she has to bite her lips just to keep herself calm.

. What’s with me?

 

It was on the special counter of the bar Chanyeol had ushered her and Nouf has to say in her mind how ing perfectly handsome Chanyeol was most especially when streaks of disco lights shines on his face but she did observe that some streaks of light irritated his eyes causing him to narrow it. She wonders though why he’s that sensitive to lights.

 

“Have I told you that life yet?” He starts after passing a glass of the alcohol foreign to Nouf. She takes it though, maybe trying to drink isn't that bad at all.

 She shakes her head, controlling her face after taking her first shot. “You know life is just hard but it doesn’t really . You just need to find the right formula to get to the kind of living you believe is good enough.” She replies and Chanyeol poured another shot to her glass.

 

 

“You know, life’s never been fair to me. I mean I get to enjoy all this luxury but then I can’t…..” He stops for a second before glancing over her. It’s been countless shots that Nouf just gave up from drunkenness. She leans her head on her arm over the counter as she keeps on giving drunk and high responses to the still sober Chanyeol.

“….I can’t get through this stupid fate. It’s just… I never believed in miracles.” He gives another shot.

“I don’t have the reason to be happy at all…..God’s going to get me before I find my happiness anyway……. I don’t have the reason to live at all.”

“Yah~ you’re too stupid. You’re the STUPIDEST STUPID do you know that??!” Nouf beams with her waving body. Chanyeol has to steady her or else she’ll fall off of her seat.

“Yah~!” She drunkenly dodges his hands. “Then why don’t you find your happiness now then? As much as we have our choices, we also have our time !~ I know~ you’re just being coward.. you’re afraid of losing..oops..NO!!!~ you’re afraid to invest your happiness because you know you’ll be losing them or them losing you. YOU’RE A ING COWARD TO FACE LIFE.”

She’s drunk but she’s saying sensible things. Things that started triggering the stabbing pain inside Chanyeol’s.

 

“Okay. We’re going home now.” Chanyeol takes off the glass on Nouf’s hand before supporting her weight to get out of the noisy and crowded club.

As what he’s been expecting, Nouf threw up. Luckily she didn’t reach the car yet before her stomach gave up. So it’s going to be the club’s problem to clean her mess on the front door of the club.

 

“Ugh. You’re pretty heavy you know that?” He asks before playfully flicking her exposed forehead. She immediately looks for a comfortable position the moment her body rests on the comforter of the passenger’s seat Chanyeol had placed her. Her eyes were completely shut but her hands were still wandering from places just to get something she can snuggle her face into, it was what Chanyeol had discovered since he started living with her.

He finds her habit cute though so he lifted his unused coat and places it onto her, and in a blink of an eye her hands worked swiftly after feeling the presence of something on her body before snuggling her face on the fabric.

“I have Chen,  I am happy.” She starts to murmur in her drunken sleep.

“I have Baekhyun….Sehun…..”She moves the fabric closer to her face. “ I have Kai….”

A smile appeared on Chanyeol’s face hearing her murmur things. She speaks really well when she’s drunk I should do this more often, he thought and chuckled in his own lame idea.

He fastened her seatbelts on before shutting the door but a murmur halts her before the door closes along with the other part of the car.

“Mr. Park Chanyeol, he owns me…  I am so happy.”

 

-

 

The sun starts bleeding that morning when Nouf woke up. She doesn’t have any other plans for the day, as if she always does. But seriously, she can’t feel anything ahead for this day, nothing even just a bit.

She casually entered inside the bathroom careless whether someone’s using it because she’s too lazy enough to have a prior check if someone’s using it, she’ll just make use of an excuse like she’s still half conscious or something since it was still early.

Luckily no one’s in there. She tied her head into a bun without the help of a comb or hair brush because she really is lazy for the morning.

Toothbrush. Toothpaste. And Brush.

She starts washing with half of her lids still covering her face though she already washed her face beforehand.

She was feeling blunt at the moment when someone just took a hold of her toothbrush. Jerking his head on her side there she saw Chanyeol also wearing a droopy look. Blame their movie marathon every night that they always end up sleeping late.

Nouf darts him a questioning look but the response the lad had given her was a pull to her hand to free her toothbrush and just let himself do the work instead of her.

“What are you doing?” She tried uttering with the toothbrush still inside .

“I own you so you’re my responsibility.” He seriously replied.

Nouf wants to laugh in disbelief. Was he serious? But the running material inside doesn’t permits her to do so. So in the end, she was left staring at the guy’s staid look in her—mouth to be exact.

“Wider.” He asks and she does so. Nouf couldn’t believe it herself but it’s only Chanyeol who can only treat her this way. She’s not sure if she really likes what this guy’s doing on her or was it just because of the ownership thing that makes things normally possible between them two. Everything’s just so confusing nowadays.

“Spit.” Tamely, she spits the toothpaste out and rinses after. She was then shocked to see Chanyeol still standing on her side.

Nouf stepped aside of the sink to give way to him, thinking maybe he’s going to wash his mouth as well. But what even stunned her is when Chanyeol faced her once more just to cup her face just with one of his hand.

“What is it this time?” Her lips turn pouting with the attempt of snapping.

“Just stay still. This won’t cost too much of your time.” Nouf even wondered if Chanyeol also do volunteer works on beauty shops. With what he’s doing, she realized that he’s peeling dead skin cells from her lips using her rinsed toothbrush to keep the fresh skins healthy. What a smart man Park Chanyeol is.

“Where did you learned such?” She asks after getting free from Chanyeol’s cup. “Magazine – Selena Gomez interview.” Chanyeol washed her toothbrush and placed it back on the cabinet before getting his own. He got suspicious that he didn’t gain any responses from Nouf. And as when he took glance of the damsel over his shoulder a keeping-herself-from-laughing-Nouf beamed.

“What?” He asks.

“You read Selena Gomez interviews.” She states in tease.

“And?” He seems not to be bothered at all because he believes there’s nothing wrong and funny over reading Selena Gomez’s interview from magazines. He even read once Lady Gaga’s so it’s not really an issue.

“What other things have you read? Tell m—“ It was when a pair of soft lips lands on her very own. She has to blink a couple of times just to reassure that Mr. Park Chanyeol really did kissed him. She can’t work her body to move so do as Chanyeol.

Chanyeol doesn’t even know how his body pushed itself to lean on her and seized her lips. He got possessed he could tell himself but how is he going to explain everything to Nouf now that she looks really surprised.

Deafening heartbeats. Overwhelming peculiarity. Both stunned, leaving their senses hanging.  

“Young Master, here’s your breakfast!!” Thank goodness Kai terminated one of the freezing moments in Chanyeol’s life ever. Both of them retaliated and split up as quickly as possible. But it was Nouf who exits herself out of the bathroom.

“I-I think I’m hungry.” She says not even daring to look on him so do as Chanyeol who sets his back on her. “O-Okay..I’ll just brush my teeth first.”

That was really weird.