Scene 7

$1,000,000 USD Love!

It was a lazy weekend morning, and Kai had decided to indulge in one of his favourite pastimes – racing at the local track. The sun bathed the surroundings in a golden hue, and the distant roar of car engines filled the air, creating an electric atmosphere.

Moonji emerged from her room, her curiosity getting the better of her as she followed Kai's trail. Her footsteps echoed softly on the polished wooden floors, the faint scent of her floral-scented perfume trailing behind her. She looked up at Kai with her large, expressive eyes, curious and eager to know more about his world.

"Kai, where are you going?" she inquired, the sunlight streaming through the windows casting a warm glow on her features. She adjusted her soft pyjamas, feeling a little out of place amidst the racing vibes.

"Race track," Kai replied casually, ruffling his hair with his hand, his dark eyes shimmering with a mix of excitement and determination. The race track was his sanctuary, and he looked every bit the confident racer.

Moonji couldn't hide her enthusiasm, and her voice filled the room as she asked, "Daebak! Can I follow you?" Her playful demeanour took centre stage, and her wide smile lit up the room. She barely went out of the house since she moved here as she was busy adapting her study life to the new school, and now, her first weekend at the penthouse, she wanted to explore more of what exists in Seoul. 

"Okay," Kai said, relenting with a soft chuckle after being subjected to a series of her charming, cute expressions and high-pitched voice. 

As they arrived at the race track, Moonji's excitement knew no bounds. She let out joyful exclamations, her laughter ringing through the air. The race track sprawled before her like a playground of speed and adrenaline. Kai shook his head; he had never met a girl who could have fun just by walking around a race track. What the hell is she chuckling at? He growled as he went to the locker room. 

Kai, on the other hand, had donned his racing suit, and the dimly lit locker room provided a stark contrast to the bright outdoors. The sounds of zippers being pulled and fabric rustling filled the space. The scent of rubber from the tires wafted in from the garage nearby, adding to the sensory experience.

"Omooo~! You are so hot in this racing suit. Oh no, I am your fan girl!" Moonji's voice danced with excitement as she admired Kai's transformed appearance. Kai didn't expect such loud cheer and hype-up comments from the girl. Kai smirked at her playful antics.

"Do you want to take my picture, Miss Fan Girl?" he teased, his confident posture accentuating his charisma.

"Yes!!!" Moonji exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. She was in her element, living the fantasy of being a devoted fan. The click of her phone's camera captured the moments of their playful banter, freezing them in time.

But their fun was momentarily interrupted by the chirping of Moonji's cell phone. The jarring ringtone pierced the air, and Moonji answered with curiosity. She relayed the message to Kai, her voice conveying a mix of surprise and concern.

"Unnie~ Why did you call me? What?? Really?? Okay, unnie~ call me later!" Moonji hung up, her animated expressions mirroring her conversation.

Looking at her with intrigue, Kai inquired, "What was that?"

Moonji, still focused on her phone, explained, "My neighbour just finished her plastic surgery yesterday, and now she's hospitalized in Gangnam…"

Kai's focused demeanour contrasted with Moonji's animated storytelling. The locker room was filled with various racing gear and equipment, and the distant sound of racing cars grew louder as they prepared for the day's excitement.

Kai then requested that Moonji move to the audience seating area so he could start his race. Moonji, however, questioned his motives with a playful smile, her melodious voice cutting through the anticipation in the air.

"Yah! You are the only racer that I see on this track. Who are you going to race against?" Her genuine puzzlement added a touch of innocence to the surroundings. It was her first time at a race track; hence, she had no idea of what time record or personal best like what Kai stated earlier. 

"I'm going to race against my time record, you duckhead," Kai replied, his voice carrying a hint of amusement. He already told her about it a couple of times in the car before. Their playful exchange seemed to echo through the dimly lit locker room.

After an exhilarating hour on the race track, Kai headed to the locker room to shower and change. Moonji, still enthused by the experience, followed him, her footsteps echoing in the quiet space.

Moonji's voice was animated as she continued to admire the race track's grandeur. "Kai, Daebak~! You are so cool just now. You drove the car very fast!!" Her joy-filled exclamations echoed in the room, leaving a sense of fulfilment lingering in the air.

"Could you just cut this out?" Kai turned away with a smirk, his wet hair glistening under the locker room's fluorescent lights. The sound of water splashing filled the room as he washed away the remnants of the race.

Moonji, however, was undeterred. She continued to follow Kai, and the locker room's ambience changed as they made their way to the garage.

When the garage door opened, the room was bathed in natural light, and Moonji's eyes widened in sheer awe. The gleaming high-speed cars were a sight to behold, their polished surfaces reflecting the soft sunlight that streamed in. The distinct smell of gasoline permeated the air, mingling with the faint scent of oil.

"You must be really, really rich! Omo~ I'm getting goosebumps!" Moonji's voice filled the garage as she moved around, taking in the magnificence of the collection. Her curiosity and respect for the expensive cars were palpable.

"What's with the hidden hands?" Kai asked, observing Moonji's cautious movements.

Moonji hesitated, her gaze flitting between the expensive cars and Kai. She expressed her fear with sincerity, "This car is more valuable and expensive than my whole life. Before I lay my hands on this car, it's better for me to calculate how much it costs to touch it. Scary!"

Kai, always ready to play along, reassured her with a smile, "It's okay, you can touch. I won't sue you!" With a gentle gesture, he encouraged her to explore the car's luxurious body. The garage was filled with the sounds of their voices and the workers' whispers while the scent of gasoline and oil became more pronounced.

Moonji hesitated no more and, with Kai's guidance, placed her hand on the car's gleaming surface. Their interaction was intimate, their closeness palpable. The workers, witnessing this unprecedented moment, couldn't resist sneaking pictures of the pair. The camera clicks and hushed conversations added to the sensory experience in the garage.

Kai's voice, filled with warmth, broke through the garage's ambience. "Oh Lord, our Young master Kim has really grown up! Such a romantic boy, just like his father," the garage keeper remarked with a twinkle in his eye. His presence added another layer of nostalgia and depth to the surroundings.

Kai playfully knocked Moonji on the head with his knuckles, drawing her attention away from the cars. "Stop dreaming! It's never going to happen," he teased, adding a touch of playfulness to the garage's atmosphere.

But the garage keeper wasn't done yet. His voice resonated in the space as he continued, "Hey, kids, do you want to hear a story?" Moonji and Kai, their curiosity piqued, turned their attention to him.

"Yeah!! I love stories," Moonji chimed in, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Moonji and Kai took a seat on comfortable chairs nestled in the corner of the garage, where they could fully absorb the story. The chairs offered a brief respite from the exciting surroundings.

"My family and I have been the garage keepers here since your great-grandfather bought it in the 1940s. When I was 20, my father passed away, and I took his place as the garage keeper," the elderly man began. The garage's ambience felt suddenly imbued with history and wisdom.

As Mr. Lee shared the family legend, the garage became a place where time seemed to stand still. “This place is where a lot of miracles happen. Your great-grandfather once said if any of his heirs had decided to marry a girl, they must bring the girl to the garage to see what this family is like, and the first girl they bring would be the true love of their lives. Like your great-grandmother, she was the first girl your great-grandfather ever brought here, and it is true she was the love of his life. The same thing goes for your grandmother and your mother. This time, this girl you bring here will be the love of your life.” Then Mr. Lee, the garage keeper, went away and took his stuff to continue his job.  Moonji and Kai were stunned by the story they heard.

The story was captivating, and Moonji and Kai were drawn into its depths. The garage keeper's words seemed to hang in the air, and the atmosphere became charged with anticipation. The dimly lit garage, filled with expensive cars, was the perfect backdrop for the tale.

"That story wasn't true, right?" Moonji asked, her voice carrying a hint of hope and curiosity.

"Hell yeah! I don't want you to be the love of my life," Kai retorted, his voice resonating with conviction.

Moonji, however, couldn't help but entertain the whimsical idea. "Well, if a guy like you were the love of my life, I'd have a blast! I hope that story is true so I can have a really cute baby in the future, just like you!" Her cheeks flushed with the romantic notion, and the garage seemed to hold its breath momentarily.

Kai playfully knocked her on the head again, bringing a touch of lightheartedness back into the room. "Stop dreaming! It's never going to happen." It had been a week since he first met her, and to his surprise, they got along well.