Scene 19

$1,000,000 USD Love!

 

"Kai!! Wait for me." Dasom pouted when Kai walked ahead, leaving her behind. Kai smiled at her and waited for her. "I miss our old times together," Dasom said while walking beside him. "Yeah, me too." Kai laughed and looked at Dasom sincerely. He misses the old time when they both hang out together during their free time. Nowadays, Kai spends most of his time at his racing track and office. When there was some free time, he will hang out with the EXO and Dasom, the only friend he ever had.  They walk in silence at the park while gazing at the stars.

"Lovely night, Kai what's your plan once we are graduated?" Dasom asked. "I got a company in my hand since I am 16 years old, nothing to rush. I think I should further my studies in medicine. Got me a spot at Seoul University." Kai replied. "Kai, I know that we will never be the same as before. I want you to know that I love you as  a friend, and I will always be here to support you." Dasom held Kai's hand and looked at him. Back then, when Kai confessed his love to her, Dasom tried to love Kai more than a friend, but she couldn't look at him more than a friend. 

The night that Moonji left him, Kai’s feelings towards Dasom returned, but he didn’t put any effort into it. "Let's go home." Kai stood up and stretched his numb muscles. 

"Lee Dasom, you knew that I always love you." His last word before dropping her off in front of her house. He thought that he would be brokenhearted after he pushed Moonji out of his life, but actually, he was more than happy as he could go back to his old routine.  

Two months later, it's the graduation day of SM International Private College. The convention centre was full of students in their dark blue graduation robes. The EXO is seated in the front row. The science students are at the front, followed by the account, economy and literature students. "I can't believe it!!!" Chanyeol excitedly screamed at his friend and hopped like a little kid. "You're right! It's really the end of high school."Lay replied as they headed to their seat. 

"Noona, noona!! Ra Moonji noona!!" some junior voice disturb the EXO's happy moment. The rest of the EXO don’t know the truth except for Baekhyun. "Kai, just ignore her," Chen said and patted Kai's shoulder. 

"That is not worthy." Sehun laughed, and Kai suddenly stood up. 

"Stop talking about her." Kai spots monotonously. His feelings towards Moonji had become neutral, and he didn’t dive in too deeply about it. The relationship between them started as a role-play to cover his embarrassment of being rejected by Lee Dasom and show Lee Dasom that he, too, can be in a relationship. Defying the common stereotype his friends had of him, he is a man with no feelings and unable to love. 

Kai stood up from his seat and washed his hands at the toilet. But his step halted when he met a familiar figure in the hallway.  Ra Moonji was walking down the hallway with her brunette wig and graduation robe. 

Both of them stood in front of each other for a couple of seconds without saying anything. He certainly didn’t know how to greet her after their fight a few months ago, and Moonji disappeared from his school without any traces that night. 

“Congratulations, Kim Jongin-shi,” She muttered after a long one minutes. 

“Yeah, you too,” He replied briefly before walking away from her. His face was stern and blank from any expression. His mind went blank when she congratulated him. “How are you?” He asked, probing on her well-being. 

“I’m fine. Thanks for asking,” She replied with a straight smile. 

Her smile changed a little. He thought as his eyes remained on her face. She covered her skin with makeup that made her complexion look so different from her real face; hence, he could not see through her.  Then, without exchanging more interactions, they went their separate ways. 

For the entire graduation ceremony, Moonji was sitting alone in the buzzing hall with kids her age celebrating their final day in school. She remained silent as she looked around, watching some other students talking, laughing, hugging and crying with their friends. 

"That is here, such an eyesore." some whispers penetrated her ears, but Moonji just remained silent and looked to the front. The ceremony ended with a performance from the EXO that caused almost every girl in the hall to scream. Kai was awarded as the best student of the year because of his academic performance, and he gave the closing speech.

".... What a wonderful high school life that we had. Let's cherish this moment forever!" Kai screamed, and everybody threw their graduation hat. It was photo time; every class gathered and took a picture of the class before everyone could freely do their activities. Again, Moonji sat awkwardly in the hall while everybody was having fun taking pictures and celebrating with their friend. Moonji didn't have a friend here. 

"Kai! Can I take a picture with you?"  Moonji up her breath and braven her soul as she walked towards Kai, who was surrounded by the EXO members with a camera in her hand. The EXO look at her with their angry look. 

"Ra Moonji, you should stop bothering him." Xiumin sighed and stared at the girl with his small eyes. 

"It's okay, guys. Just a picture." Kai chuckled at the protective side of the EXO; it's sad that Baekhyun was not able to come because of his call of duty for the nation that's called 'parents'.  Kai dragged Moonji away from his friend and took the camera from her. 

"Excuse me, could you help?" Kai gave the camera to some random student. "Smile!!" Klick. Klick. Klick. As she stood beside him, he realised that she didn’t have a flower bouquet in her hand but just a scroll. 

“You didn’t have a flower bouquet?” He asked as he looked around. all the kids in the hall were gifted a flower bouquet by their parents and friends. 

“I didn’t buy it,” She replied with her slow voice. 

“So, no one g-..” Kai stopped himself from blurting out more words. 

“More pictures?” Ask the student who helps to take their picture. 

“Thank you, I just need one picture,” Moonji replied as she smiled gratefully to the student that willing to give her a favour. She took the camera from the student as she bowed her head lightly, showing her gratitude. 

"Hey Kai! They are calling for you." Lee Dasom came and hugged Kai from his back out of the blue. 

"I know, I'll be right back." Kai smiled at Dasom. 

"Ra Moonji? I am glad to see you. How are you?" Dasom suddenly became friendly to her.  Unlike the last time she met her. She almost slaps Moonji in her face out of anger. 

"I am fine. How are you?" Moonji smiled awkwardly, finding the situation rather odd. 

"More than fine. Are you joining the school party after this?" Dasom chirped happily. Reminding Moonji that the school is throwing an after-party tonight. 

"Maybe not, I'll be awkward there." Moonji smiled before she dismissed herself from the crowd. 

"Hey, Lee Dasom, what is that?" Kai sarcastically asks Dasom's friendly attitude towards. He, too, remembered that Dasom did not like Moonji as she thought Moonji was the reason for her failing relationship with Beakhyun. 

"I shouldn't treat her badly. If Baekhyun chased her for real, she might not be alone right now."Dasom drags Kai to the EXO for the after-party. The party ended pretty late. Kai arranged his steps slowly to the door. 

"What is this?" Kai took the paper bag up and looked at the content. It was homemade Kimchi and some food. "Congratulations on your graduation. Eat well,” The note on the food container revealed that it was given by Moonji. Kai stared at the food for a few moments before keeping it in his fridge.  At least her food didn’t make him feel alone when he walked through the front door, in this time of life, he missed his parents the most. 

✿✿✿✿✿

"How dare that woman just show up and act like nothing ever happened?" Chanyeol grumbled, his frustration mirrored by the nods of agreement from the others. 

In their eyes, she was the reason Beakhyun and Kai drifted, as both of them tried to excuse themselves from hanging out too much with the other members after the huge fight with Ra Moonji. The betrayal stung, and they were determined to make her pay for what she had done to Kai and Baekhyun.

"We need to make her regret her actions," Kyungsoo asserted, downing a gulp of his drink as if fortifying himself for what lay ahead. Kyungsoo who knew her background, smiled in mischief. He will show Ra Moonji how a girl like her does not belong in their world.  "But we can't let Kai find out about our plan for revenge.

"Lay grinned with an evil glint in his eye. "Let's gather all the billionaires and millionaires we know. Money will be our bait."

 

With their strategy in place, the EXO members arrived at Kai's penthouse a few days later, dressed to the nines in fancy tuxedos and elegant suits.

"Hey, guys! Where are we heading tonight?" Kai asked as he looked at the well-dressed group of friends. Baekhyun was still away on his duty call, leaving an empty spot among them.

"We're going somewhere with a breathtaking view. Get up and get dressed" Kyungsoo chuckled, playfully pushing Kai toward the bathroom. "Make sure you dress appropriately."

Sehun couldn't hide his concern, his face etched with worry. "Don't give us that look," Xiumin teased, laughing. The rest of them smiled in agreement. Lay, holding a coupled cushion from the couch, couldn't resist a quip. "Look at this, a couple's cushion! Kai really needs to move on."

"I'm ready! What's all this serious talk about?" Kai appeared, his infectious smile lighting up the room. "Let's go."