Your Worst Nightmare

Project: L i f e

????

-??? POV-

Running….running I don’t think I can anymore… My lungs feel like they are going to burst out of my chest, my ankles plead for me to stop sprinting, but my brain that’s pumped full of adrenaline tells me not to. I shed extra layers of my clothing that are weighing me down as I twist and turn through the dirty alleyways.  I screech to a halt as I almost run into a wire fence, my blood runs cold as I realize this is a dead end.  I let out shaky breaths as I hear my pursuer’s shoes hit the pavement echoing a torturous rhythm in my head.  “Where did she go?” I hear one ask the other. “Well you better bloody find her.” The other snarls back in response.  I frantically look all around me for some possible miracle, and then I see it. At the top of the dumpster is a clothing line just higher than the razor hedge at the top of the fence. I waste no time as I sprint to the dumpster and scramble up on top of it I begin to try and hoist myself up on the clothing line as I brace my boots on the razor wire. “THERE SHE IS!” a man exclaims as they both race toward me. 

Desperately I try to swing one leg at a time over the razor wire, I successfully get my left leg over but my right ankle gets caught by a hand. “You’re not going anywhere.” The man cackles as he tugs hard on it. Pain shoots through my thigh as the razor wire digs into it “Please stop, I haven’t asked for this!” I cried desperately at the men.  “Don’t act like you didn’t have a part in this.” he answered gruffly as he yanked harder on my ankle. I screamed in pain, but tried to get my bearings, if I could somehow manage to get out of his grip I could get free. I wiggled my ankle and managed somehow to tip my assailant off balance. “!” the man who was just holding my ankle yelled as he fumbled backward and scrambled to stay on the dumpster but fell to the asphalt. Free I hoisted my other leg over the razor wire and hung on for dear life to the clothing line on the other side of the fence separating us now.  I let go of the clothing line and tried to land, I heard a sickening crunch and let out a scream as hot pain seared through my ankle, I tried to scramble to my feet but my ankle was numb and I just ended up scraping up my knees, I had definitely broken my ankle.  I try to crawl away as the men cruelly laugh at me as they plan their next move. 

I sob bitterly at the situation that I find myself in, I’m exhausted and lightheaded as the adrenaline slowly wears off leaving my body limp.  I hear the thudding footsteps as I’m paralyzed with fear, unable to speak or move.  One pair of shoes stop in front of me, I look up through my long hair damp with sweat. I’m met with cold empty eyes as the man yanks me to my feet, I cry in pain and buckle under the sudden pressure on my injured ankle, “Phoebe why are you running away?" the man says with mock hurt. "Don’t you know I love you?” he whispers into my ear, his voice sickeningly sweet. I gag and finally look him in the face, how could this be the same man… He reaches into his pocket retrieving something as he brings it out and as the streetlamps shine on its metallic surface, I scream.

 

Bahahaha I just love making cliffhangers >;D So what do you think about that?  I haven't really wrote a chapter with a lot of violence in it before it was kinda suspenseful just writing it myself. What do you think the object is that he pulled out of his pocket? I hope you enjoyed, share your thoughts :D