Dinner & Questions

Project: L i f e

 

June 23d, 1930

-Alice POV-

Alice became rather bored, having already unpacked, and figured she'd help Jiyeon unpack. As she made his way down the hall, she could see her through the partially opened door, sitting on her bed.

"Come in."  Jiyeon stated, after Alice had knocked on the door, accidentally pushing it open further.

"Thanks... I came to check if..."she stopped and looked around, how neatly everything was packed away! "Oh... never mind, you've already unpacked... sorry"

"Don't be sorry, it was a kind gesture," Jiyeon offered, "I'm  bored anyway, please, take a seat."

Alice and Jiyeon sat in silence, waiting for something interesting to happen. Jiyeon suddenly broke the silence, “How long do you think we will be here?” she said almost to quiet to hear.  Alice sighed, “I wish I knew…do you miss your parents?” she asked.  “Not yet, as silly as it sounds I’m hoping to fall asleep and wake up and be in my ugly old bedroom again.” Jiyeon laughed softly.  “Gwenchana unnie.” Alice said as she rubbed Jiyeon’s back.  She smiled at her friend and they hugged each other tightly.  “We can get through anything as long as were together.”  Alice said wiping a tear from her friend’s eye.  Jiyeon smiled and squeezed Alice’s hand. “I hate to break up the bonding session but Colleen said that dinner is ready.” Jiho announced bored as he stood in the doorframe.  “Shikkeuro if you’re so lonely why don’t you call that dumb blonde from your class.” Jiyeon said her voice dripping with sarcasm.  Jiho opened his mouth to snap something back but ended up turning around and walking off instead.  The girls both giggled and followed him down the stairs.

 

-Jiho POV-

 

“Dumb troll” Jiho mumbled under his breath referring to his twin as he trudged down the stairs.  He felt his steps get lighter as he caught wind of the delicious scent wafting from the dining room.  He his lips in delight as he quickened his pace.  He opened the door and wandered inside, the two girls a step behind.  “I thought the bedrooms were fancy…” he said letting a whistle escape his lips.  The dining room was painted a deep red color with cream crown molding. On the right side of the room against the wall sat two large mahogany china cabinets filled with expensive looking dishes and cutlery. In the middle of the room was a long dark mahogany table with place settings and an array of different foods.  Jiho could feel himself practically drooling at the magnificent sight. “Come and have a seat.” Klaus offered, sitting at the head of the table, and at his right Phoebe.  They all nodded and sat down respectively and looked at the feast close up.  Jiho couldn’t contain himself any longer as he grabbed a knife and fork and locked his eyes on the succulent turkey poised at the middle of the table.  Alice swatted his hand thwarting his plans, “You pig, can’t you at least wait until we say grace.” She hissed.  Jiho bowed his head quickly, “Good God, good meat, let’s eat!” he prayed quickly and armed himself with the knife and fork once more.  This time Jiyeon discreetly smacked him on the back of the head, “If you spent half as much time worrying about your gut as you did your schoolwork you’d be a hell of a lot smarter.” Jiyeon said matter-of-factly embarrassed at her brother’s behavior.  Jiho frowned at his sister as Klaus cleared his throat, “Shall we say grace?” Everyone nodded and bowed their heads in accordance as he began, “Dear Lord, we give thanks and honor to you today for the blessings you give us daily. We thank you Father for bringing my cousin and her dear friends here safely to us. We also pray Father that you bless us and keep us safe from any harm that may come, we thank you for this meal and the hands that prepared it. Amen.” “Amen” everyone repeated.  “That took forever.” Jiho whined as his stomach growled, earning him to elbows to the gut from the girls.  “Ow, what did I do?” he said rubbing his sides.  They both just shook their heads in disbelief and began to serve themselves.

 

 

-Alice POV-

“That was amazing.” Jiyeon said flopping on her bed and patting her tummy. Alice joined her and sighed in agreement.  “I haven’t had that much food in so long.”  “I know right, I think everything is gonna be alright…” Alice said.  Startled that here was no response Alice turned over to face her friend who was now fast asleep. She smiled and pulled the covers over Jiyeon and turned off the light, “Sweet dreams.” She whispered as she closed the door softly.  Alice turned to go to her room but was met by a pair of piercing brown eyes and started to let out a half-scream that was quickly covered by a hand. Frightened and confused she began to hit at whoever it was, as her eyes adjusted in the dark she saw it was Klaus.  She ripped his hand off her and coughed, “What the hell?” she spat furious with her cousin.  “I didn’t want you wake anyone up.” He replied simply. “Well then maybe you shouldn’t sneak up on people.” She said still annoyed. “I asked Phoebe to change your room you will be sleeping in the “Sunflower Room”. He said calmly.  “Wha- but why I already packed everything in there.” She remarked confused.  “I’ll see you in the morning.” He said witout another word and walked down the hall leaving Alice standing there puzzled.  He proceeded to the “Rose Room” and took out a wad of skeleton keys and locked the door, he turned to look at Alice briefly before going downstairs. Alice walked to her “new” room still dazed about the conversation and laid in bed.  She thought and rewound the conversation over and over in her head, Klaus seemed unsettled about that room, she was sure he was hiding something, but what?

So yeah I haven't updated in ages, college lol. Hope you enjoy the chapter I will be writing another tonight and hopefully post it tomorrow. I got my inspiration back! :D