Knightfall (Part Two)

Order of the Wolf

 

It had been at least two hours and there was no word from Nakta yet.  Maybe Kidoh decided not to use the stone?  Hansol was almost finished with his book, and Gohn and Seogoong were on their eighteenth rematch.  Yano was fast asleep and Sehyuk and Sangdo were pigging out on a feast Hojoon whipped up for them.  Hansol truly loved these peaceful moments. 

 

His heart nearly stopped when Sehyuk’s phone beeped.  Everyone slowly shifted their gaze to Sehyuk as he looked down at the phone.

 

“Nakta says that there’s a strange red glow that he can see from outside the window at their dorm.  Kidoh must be performing the ritual to activate the stone’s power.  We need to evacuate the campus as soon as possible.  Hojoon, you stay here with the other wizards and start the transference spell, the rest of us will clear out the other students… things are about to get serious,” Sehyuk said sternly.  Jenissi woke up Yano, and the dragons and lions quickly left the hideout.

 

“Alright Hansol, you ready for this?” Hojoon asked as the four wizards joined hands.

 

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” Hansol nervously replied.  Xero gave him a sympathetic glance, while Byungjoo practically buzzed with excitement about his older brother playing the hero.

 

“I have to warn you first… you’ll have a lot more power than you’re used to.  If you’re not careful, you could seriously screw up reality,” Hojoon said.  Hansol nodded and closed his eyes. 

 

As Hojoon began to chant, Hansol could feel the power flowing into his body.  He felt like he was charged with pure energy.  His fingertips felt like firecrackers and his every sense had been heightened.  Inside he knew he was ready for war…

----------------------------------------

The room was swirling and Kidoh could barely stand up straight, but he could clearly feel the effects of the stone.  He punched the wall and smirked when an enormous crack formed in it.  He felt the need for blood, all he could think about was brutally killing something or someone.

 

“Let’s go outside and make some noise, that’ll draw those bastards out,” Jiwon said.  Before Kidoh could reply, the fire alarm sounded.  He didn’t take time to question why, he just punched a hole straight through the wall and leapt down onto the ground below, landing with a loud thud. 

 

He barreled across the courtyard much faster than he ever thought possible and smashed into the fountain, completely destroying it.  Students rushed from the building, but they stopped in horror when they saw Kidoh.  He caught a glimpse of himself in one of the windows of the campus bookstore.  His hair was standing on end and his eyes were glowing red.  He looked downright frightening.

 

“What!? Do any of you want to test my power!?” Kidoh screamed.  His voice was about an octave deeper than usual, and it sounded somewhat distorted.  He couldn’t wait for one of the members of the order to arrive, so he could rip them apart.

 --------------------------------

Hansol soared through the air with a freedom that he’d never felt before.  Flight was the best experience of his life… too bad it was under such circumstances.  As he hovered over the courtyard, he saw Kidoh standing there in his transformed state, and the gravity of the situation hit him.  He gasped when he saw Kidoh charging toward the group of dismayed students.  Hansol swooped down and slammed into Kidoh, sending him flying backward, but he still managed to land on his feet.

 

He was temporarily distracted by a loud roar.  There was a black lion with icy blue eyes, growling at the students; it was Jenissi trying to get the students moving.  Now that the area was clear, Hansol could focus on dealing with Kidoh.

 

“Enjoy your last few moments in this world,” Kidoh laughed deviously as he ran toward Hansol.