Revelations (Part Two)

Order of the Wolf

Kidoh couldn’t believe he actually let Nakta and Sanggyun talk him into sneaking out of the hotel… now he was climbing down the side of the building to avoid the staff and teachers.  He ignored his fear of heights and managed to reach the ground without throwing up.

 

“Now will you tell me where you wanna go Nakta?” Kidoh demanded.

 

“We’re going to the Coliseum, I have to see it in person!” Nakta practically shrieked as he waved for a taxi.  It wasn’t long before they were in front of the enormous building.  It was breathtaking, even if it was partially in ruin.  The three of them snuck past the guards and the construction workers and made their way to inner level of the Coliseum.  It was then that Kidoh noticed something… Xero, Hansol, and Jiwon looking around in awe.  He quickly urged Sanggyun and Nakta to hide.

 

“What are they doing here!?” Sanggyun wondered.

 

“No idea… but I’m gonna find out,” Kidoh said, quietly coming out from his hiding place.  He silently followed them, but he was careful to keep his distance.

 

“What’s this?” Xero said, inspecting something on the wall that Kidoh couldn’t see.

 

“Don’t touch it!” Hansol advised, but Xero didn’t listen.  Kidoh saw a bright light before the ground started to shake.  The wall slowly slid apart revealing a secret path.  Xero and Hansol looked at each other before the three of them walked inside the passageway.  Kidoh slipped inside just before the opening closed.

 

It was pitch dark inside, so he followed the sound of their footsteps.

 

“I can make us a light!” Jiwon said.

 

“Hang on, there’s no need…”

 

Xero was cut off by Jiwon shooting a fireball.  It hit the ceiling, causing rock to crash down, separating Hansol and Jiwon from Xero.  Xero used magic to create a small ball of light.

“You guys okay!?” he yelled.  Kidoh heard Hansol reply, but he didn’t hear what he said, but based on Xero’s reaction it must’ve been a yes.  Xero turned around, presumably to find a way out and his jaw dropped when he saw Kidoh standing there.

 

“What are you doing here… you followed me?” Xero asked.

 

“Don’t talk to me… I should kill you now!” Kidoh spat.

 

“Look Kidoh I…”

 

“SHUT UP YOU SON OF A !”

 

“I’m sorry Kidoh,”

 

“You… you’re sorry?”

 

“Yes. I can’t even imagine the pain I’ve caused you… it’s because of me that the kid I used to know is gone now,” Xero wiped away a tear as he spoke.  Kidoh just stood there.

 

“You’re right Xero, you can’t imagine the pain you’ve caused me… not yet. But you will, all of you will,”

------------------------------------------------------

“Sorry about that Hansol… I was just trying to help,” Jiwon said.

 

“It’s okay, Xero will go get help,” Hansol replied, using his cell phone for light.

 

“Wait, what’s that on the wall… is that Latin?” Jiwon said as he inspected the writing.

 

“Looks like it, can you read it?” Hansol asked.

 

“Yeah… it says, The Order of Romulus, the Wolf King of Rome.  Look at this, it’s another symbol, like the one that opened the passage,”

 

Hansol touched it and it lit up before a small compartment in the wall opened, revealing an old book.  Jiwon picked it up and dusted it off.  He opened it and used his phone to read the pages.  He was quiet for a long time before he started smiling like a maniac.

 

“What does it say?” Hansol wondered.

 

“It says that one will be inducted into the order, complete the circle and end the conflict forever… it must be talking about me!”

 

“Um… huh?”

 

“Not only that, it says the location of the Athenian Power Stone is… right over there!” Jiwon threw the book down and ran across the small room, moving a pile of rocks to reveal a red glowing stone.

 

“What’s going on Jiwon?” Hansol demanded.

 

“This… this is the reason why I allied myself with your stupid order in the first place! Now that I have this stone… I can finally end this stupid war between the order and the knights,” Jiwon said, before slamming Hansol into the wall, knocking him unconscious.

--------------------------------------------

“Listen Kidoh, I don’t want to hurt you,” Xero said, eyeing the small knife in Kidoh’s hand.  Before he could do anything, the wall of fallen rock behind Xero exploded, hitting him hard.  Jiwon was standing there, smoke still coming from his mouth.  The small flames at his feet gave him a fearsome appearance.  He showed the stone to Kidoh who smiled.

 

“Sorry Xero… I’ll kill you later, for now, I have bigger plans,” Kidoh said as Jiwon blasted their way out.