Arrival

Order of the Wolf

Hansol let out a sigh as the large golden gate came into view.  The words, “Arario School for Boys” could be seen as they drove through the gate.

 

“Mom… can’t we talk about this again?” he asked, making his most convincing puppy dog face.

 

“We’ve been through this time and time again Hansol… you and your brother have gone through hell at every school you’ve been to, I’m tired of worrying every day about your safety sweetheart.  Just promise me you’ll try to make this work,” his mother replied as they pulled up in the parking lot.  Hansol rolled his eyes and sunk down in his seat.

 

He never asked to go to boarding school… he always hated being away from his parents for long periods of time.  It always went back to the fact that Hansol and his brother were, different.  He didn’t know how exactly to describe it, but they always felt distanced from everyone except each other.

 

Hansol looked into the backseat at his sleeping brother, Byungjoo.  Hansol shook his leg to wake him, causing him to snort loudly before he finally opened his eyes.

 

“What!?” he whined.

 

“Wake up Byungjoo, we’re here,” Hansol said, shaking him again.

 

“Already? That was a short drive,”

 

“We’ve been in the car for three hours… you just slept the whole time,”

 

“Oh… well then… let’s go see the campus!”

 

Byungjoo excitedly opened the door and jumped out of the car, pulling his luggage with him.  Hansol reluctantly climbed out as his mother opened the trunk. 

 

“Remember Hansol, I want you to try your best to make some friends,” she urged as she helped him with his suitcase.

 

“When has that ever worked mom?”

 

“You know you could learn a thing or two from your brother.  He’s been through just as much as you have, yet he doesn’t let that get him down,”

 

“Well Byungjoo and I are two different people mom… but I’ll give it a shot,”

 

“Good, I love you,” his mother replied as she kissed his forehead, making him blush in embarrassment.

 

“I love you too mom,”

 

“Come on hyung! Bye mom!” Byungjoo shouted as he ran off.  Hansol ran after him, towing his suitcase behind him.

 

“Slow down!” Hansol called as he struggled to keep up with his younger brother.  He finally stopped when he came to the fountain.

 

“That’s it, Mortimer Hall… my room should be there.  After I get settled in I’ll text you and we can meet up for dinner or something,” Byungjoo said, leaving Hansol standing next to the fountain, completely out of breath.

 

Hansol wandered around the campus until he came to Daedalus Hall where his room was located.  The air conditioned building was like a godsend from the heat.

 

“This is it, room 27A,” He said to himself as he put his key in the door.  He was excited when he saw that there was a bunk bed, but his smile faded when he realized that he’d have to take the top one since there was a white haired boy on the bottom bunk.   It was kind of strange, he’d never seen anyone with white hair besides himself and Byungjoo.

 

“Oh hey, didn’t hear you come in,” the boy said, sitting up and closing his handheld game.

 

“I’m Hansol,”

 

“Xero, nice to meet you,”

 

They shook hands and Hansol began to unpack.

 

“So this is your first year huh?” Xero asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m kinda nervous,” Hansol replied.

 

“No need to be nervous. How about I show you around?”

 

“That sounds great, just let me finish unpacking,”

 

“Coolness… oh, by the way... is that your natural hair color? I’m just curious,”

 

“Uh yeah… I know it’s weird, but my brother and I were born with white hair,”

 

“Me too! That’s awesome, what a coincidence,” Xero smiled widely, making Hansol’s heart jump.  His smile was amazing… not that Hansol was attracted to him or anything, it was just… nice, that’s all.

 

Hansol opened one of the drawers and stopped when he realized that Xero’s belongings were already inside.  He couldn’t help but notice the strange journal inside.  It piqued his interest, but he quickly shut the drawer.

 

“So Hansol, do you have dinner plans?” Xero asked, fixing his hair in his small mirror.

 

“I’m supposed to meet my brother,”

 

“The two of you should meet me and my friends at the Top Class restaurant off campus.  The food there is AWESOME,”

 

“I don’t really have much money,” Hansol admitted.

 

“Don’t worry about it, I’ve got it covered,” Xero said with a smile.

 

“Wow, thanks man,”

 

“No problem!”
 

Hansol couldn’t believe how nice Xero was.  Most people seemed to be freaked out when he opened his mouth, it was like they could sense that he was different.  Maybe things at this school wouldn’t be so bad after all…