Revelations (Part Three)

Order of the Wolf

Hansol groaned and rubbed his head.  He looked around the room and noticed that a hole had been blown through the rock.  Jiwon was nowhere to be seen, but he did notice Xero, lying unconscious on the ground.

 

“Xero… wake up!” Hansol shook him as hard as he could until he finally opened his eyes.

 

“What… what happened?”

 

“It was Jiwon! He was using us to find some stone, it was red and glowing!” Hansol explained.  Without another word, Xero dialed his phone.

 

“Hojoon, call everyone and tell them to meet in our room, Hansol and I will be there in a few seconds,” he said before hanging up the phone.

 

“I almost forgot about this,” Hansol said as he grabbed the book.  Xero teleported them back into their room where Hojoon was on the phone and Byungjoo was rubbing his eyes.

 

“What happened?” Hojoon asked when he finally hung up the phone.  Hansol explained as Xero opened the door for the others.  Sehyuk read the book for himself, being the only member who could read Latin.

 

“This says that someone will join and complete the circle and then stop the conflict,” he said.

 

“Yeah, Jiwon said it was talking about him,” Hansol replied.

 

“No… it’s talking about a circle of wizards… Hansol, it’s talking about you,”

 

Hansol just blinked, not knowing how to respond.

 

“Hey, it could be talking about me! Hansol and I joined at the same time,” Byungjoo said.

 

“Sorry Byungjoo, you don’t fit the age given… but Hansol does,”

 

Byungjoo hung his head and Hojoon patted his back.

 

“So according to Hansol’s story, Jiwon stole the Athenian Power Stone… that will give anyone god-like strength, but it will also drive them mad.  It was buried in the vault along with this book to keep it out of human hands,”

 

“That’s how he’s planning to stop the conflict… by getting rid of both sides!” Hansol finally put it together in his head.

 

“What do you mean?” Yano asked.

 

“If Kidoh uses the stone, it’ll give him the power to kill all of us… but it’ll make him go crazy. Without a leader, the knights will disband, both sides will be gone, the conflict will be over,”

 

“We need to come up with a plan… immediately,” Sehyuk said.

---------------------------------------

Kidoh looked at the glowing stone and smiled.  He and the others had regrouped at a small coffee shop not far from the Coliseum.

 

“Everything went just as I planned!” he said with excitement.

 

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this Kidoh… there has to be some kind of downside to the stone,” Nakta said.

 

“There isn’t one! The book didn’t say anything about it,” Jiwon assured them.

 

“I’m with Nakta on this one. It just seems too good to be true,” Sanggyun said.

 

“Look, I’m using the stone and that’s final… don’t you guys want to avenge Jin’s death?”

 

“This isn’t even about Jin anymore! It’s not about your brother either! It’s about this stupid obsession of yours! Did you ever try to talk to Xero? He used to be your friend right!? Do you really think he’d just murder your brother in cold blood? This anger, it’s blinded you Kidoh, and I refuse to go along with it anymore!” Nakta shouted, earning glances from everyone else in the coffee shop.  He stormed out and a few seconds later, Sanggyun went after him.

 

“Don’t worry about them Kidoh. You know what you have to do,” Jiwon said.  Kidoh just looked down at the stone.  For the first time since he joined the knights, he was having second thoughts.