Knightfall (Part One)

Order of the Wolf

Hansol’s legs were shaking as he walked through the lobby of the airport, pulling his luggage behind him.  Being on the plane for so long always messed up his ability to walk.  Due to the sick teachers, the trip was cut short and they were flown back home.  The teachers promised a week of no classes to compensate.

 

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I can’t wait to get back to the dorm… I actually miss my bed,” Byungjoo said as they boarded the bus.  It wasn’t long before they were back at Arario, and inside the hideout.  Yano stretched out on the couch and closed his eyes while Xero absentmindedly scratched behind his ear. 

 

“Nakta promised to text me when Kidoh is gonna make his move.  So until then, we’ll just hang out,” Sehyuk said.  Gohn and Seogoong booted up the video game system and Hansol just sat back and pulled his favorite book from thin air; a little trick he’d learned from Xero’s spell book.  He honestly hoped Nakta would never send the text… that way he could actually finish the book after owning it for two years.

--------------------------------------------------------

Kidoh sat down on his bed and sighed.  It felt good to be back in the dorm.  Any amount of normalcy was more than welcome at that moment.  Nakta and Sanggyun just sat their bags down and went to leave.

 

“Where are you two going?” Kidoh asked.

 

“For a walk,” Nakta snapped as they left the room.  Kidoh rolled his eyes and pulled the stone from his pocket.  Looking at its glow was mesmerizing, yet somehow frightening.  There was a light knock at the door, which distracted him.

 

“Uh, come on in,” he said, slipping the stone under his blanket.  He was relieved that is was Jiwon. 

 

“Are you ready?” Jiwon immediately asked.

 

“Well… to be honest… I’m a little hesitant,”

 

“Hesitant!? Now is not the time to be hesitant Kidoh! We’re doing this tonight! How can you possibly be having second thought?”  Jiwon shouted.  Kidoh’s heart was racing.  His emotions were all over the place.  He was still carrying the anger from the deaths of Jin and his younger brother, but he was also remembering the close friendship that he and Xero used to share.  And of course… the anticipation of actually taking someone’s life.

 

“Answer me Kidoh!”

 

“I’M SCARED OKAY! I’M ING TERRIFIED!” Kidoh screamed so loud that his throat burned.  Jiwon was speechless.

 

“Tonight, I have to kill an entire group of people.  Yes I’m angry, I’m always angry... but for the first time in forever I’m actually scared.  I don’t know what to feel, I’m not some stonehearted killer, that’s why I have to use this stupid stone to make up for my shortcomings.  It’s the only way I can live with the things that I’m going to do tonight,” Kidoh continued.  Jiwon sat down next to Kidoh on the bed.

 

“I understand your fear Kidoh… When I was nine years old, my parents and I were attacked by Lions.  At that point in my life, I had no idea that supernatural beings existed, so imagine my surprise when the group of burglars who broke into my house, transformed into huge lions.  My dad tried to protect me and my mom but... they just grabbed him from both ends and tore him in half.  They got my mom next.  When they came for me… fire shot out of my mouth and it scared them off.  That’s when I figured out that I was a dragon.  I found every one of them, and burned them alive.  I was afraid at first too Kidoh, but you have to remember that this is for the greater good.  This conflict has to end Kidoh, and it’s going to end with us,” Jiwon wiped the tears from his eyes as he spoke.  Kidoh clutched the stone in his palm.

 

“I’m ready, let’s do this,”