Prologue;

Silent Hearts

{ Prologue }

 

 

"Don't touch me." 

I ignored her demand and refused to let go of her hand. She yanked it off from my grip harshly as tears welled up in her sunken eyes. Her body was shaking, and her lips quivered as she tried to contain her sobs. When she lifted her eyes to meet mine, they were filled with hatred. 

"Stay away from me, Baek! Just ing leave!" she cried. 

She pushed against my chest roughly. She pushed me and shoved me over and over again---trying to give me the same pain that's mounting and stabbing within her. She hit me against my chest but I didn't budge. I let her. 

She started to turn around and I did the first thing that came to mind. I embraced her from behind and gripped her so tightly she became immobile. She tossed and jerked and screamed off but I couldn't let her go. 

"Please, stop." I said calmly against her ear, unwilling to release her. She continued to struggle against my grasp, but the more she tussled, the tighter my grip became. 

"Don't touch me!" she yelled as she clawed at my arms. It didn't faze me the slightest and she already knew that I would never leave her. After a few minutes, she became limp like all the energy suddenly drained out of her. Her knees fell under her weight, bringing me together to fall to the ground. She continued to sob and I only hugged her tighter because words weren't enough.

She hated herself. She hated being in her own skin. I wish I could hold her without her flinching. I wish I could tell her that everything will be okay. I wish I could kiss her pain away. But I couldn't. I couldn't. 

 

 

 


 

{ A/N }

I know this is short but bear in mind this is just the prologue! The first chapter will be out shortly! (soon, I hope!) Thank you so much to you guys who subscribed and upvoted even before I put up a chapter, it truly meant the world to me. :)