A companion

On the flip of my coin

 

Flashback**Hyunseong and Jeongmin at the police station

Hyunseong came to visit his uncle who’s a police. Since it’s his birthday, Hyunseong just came by to wish him a good one. When he turned to leave, he saw Jeongmin and overheard him talk to someone. Hyunseong was peeking at the corner, he moved his head in farther to take a peek at who the someone was, it was the boss if the secret investigation group. (It was hard for him to figure out it was him)

Hyunseong POV

They were talking about a necklace robbery. Could it be Bora’s? They seem into their conversation so out of curiosity, I leaned my head in and listened. *Yeah, I was right, they are talking about Bora. I just barely heard her name.

“…yeah…thief is in your school…catch Kae sa…”

*Wait, what? What does the robbery have to do with Kae sa?*

“Yeah…sure she was there…exactly the same…”

I couldn’t hear anything, this isn’t getting anywhere. It would be better to just ask Jeongmin straight up. But what if he denies it?... I’ll make sure he doesn’t. I decided to sit down and wait until the conversation ends. I look back to the spot I was just standing. If I saw someone there that person would have looked very suspicious. Luckily I didn’t get caught.

A few moments later…

“Hyunseong!” Jeongmin gasped.

“’Sup” *Headnod*

“Do you need something?” He asked.

“Yeah, I do.”

Jeongmin sighed and his shoulders slumped. “Let’s go inside my office and talk.”

We went inside his office. I’m surprised he even has an office, he’s kind of young.

“So what is it?”

“Your conversation with the boss, tell me everything.”

He sighed in defeat. He didn’t even try to deny it. “I need another person’s help with this assignment anyways.” He shrugged.

“Ok,so…” He explain everything that happened. How he saw Kaesa, what he plans on doing and his plan to get close to Kaesa so she would tell him about that day.

“Why don’t the police just question Kaesa?” I asked.

“They did, but she just keeps denying it. Like how she denies everything to me. She sure is keeping her story straight.”

“What if she’s telling the truth?”

“I saw her there with my own eyes. She was there. It would have been a different story if she said she was there but didn’t see the thief, but she denies being there at all. Now don’t this seem suspicious to you?”

*It does. Damn why would Kaesa do that. This is bad. Is someone blackmailing her?*

“I’m also keeping her safe by always being beside her. So, will you help me?”

“If only you help me with Minwoo’s love problem”

“Yeah, sure. He needs the help.”

“As do you.  Are you going to tell Minwoo?”

“I will, just after I destroy his reputaion. He fought me, and you know why I couldn’t fight back. I need to keep my cover.”

“YAH! You don’t need the attention. If the thief recognize you, he’ll target you and Kae sa. And don’t worry, if Minwoo knows more about Kae sa, then he’ll stop liking her. *I hope* We just need to get them close enough that they realize they aren’t meant for each other.”

“But I need to get close to her.” Jeongmin countered.

“You need to be patience. “

 “What will patience do?” His face is red.

“We need to have patience to earn Kae sa’s trust. We need her trust to learn the reason why she won’t tell us.”

Jeongmin calmed down.  “Fine. First let’s solve this Minwoo problem.”

“Plan a date, I’ll invite Minwoo. He might learn about Kae sa if she lets him. Maybe she’ll tell him things she won’t tell us. But, I don’t know how I can get him to tell me.”

“Leave that to me. I have all kinds of spy device.”

“Tell him everything soon, he can really help.”

------------------------------------------------------------

Jeongmin POV

Alone in his office.

Alright. Let’s plan this date. I sat there for an hour. I had no idea where to go. Hmmm.

*Getting tired while waiting (U know?)Gotten tired while waiting and U Know, do you know how-*

(Tired of waiting-2pm)

 I picked up my cell phone without even looking at who called.

“Yaboseyo”

“Jeongmin…”

*It’s Kae sa. What a coincidence.*

“Oh hey, I was just thinking about you.”

*I could just picture her smiling right now* 

“C-can you meet me at the park in ten minutes?” I laughed silently to myself. *She stuttered, because of me*

“Sure~ Anything for you Kae sa.”

I hung up.

Sigh. ”What does she want now?”

I walked out of my office and down the stairs. I walked out the main doors and started walking to the park.

5 minutes later…

“Kae sa!” I shouted and waved. I found her sitting in the swings. She looked up.

“Ah, Jeongmin.” She gave me a bright smile. “Come sit.” She gestured to the swing beside her. “I love the swings, don’t you”

*I came all this way to be talking about swings? I don’t think so. Just keep acting. I need to know what’s in Kae sa’s head.*

I gave her a smile. ”I love the swings. I used to come here all the time, but I guess I’ve been busy lately.” I smoothly lied.

“Jeongmin, I have something to confess.”

 *About the robbery? I have to act calm. *

“What is it?*

“I- I l-like you.”

*Of course*

“I like you too.”

She immediately blushed. *Keep acting Jeongmin*

I did what most guys would do. I got off my swing and slid my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder. She turned around and looked at me.

“Will you go on a date with me?”

“Of course.”

“Can I plan it? I’ve always wanted to.”

I nodded.

“I have to go now. I plan everything then give you a date, ok? So, sometime next week?”

“Sounds good.” I let go of her and walked her home.

*At least I won’t have to plan a date now.* 

___________________

Last Chapter for a while. I have school now. :( Enjoy.