The Meeting

What Love Means to You

Jessica adjusted her strapless black dress in discomfort as she didn’t like how the article of clothing revealed too much of her skin. The knee-length dress was hugging her body tightly, showing her curvaceous figure. Tiffany groaned in disapproval but tried to contain her anger because her girlfriend’s parents were in their house while Krystal pouted in her arms. Taeyeon inwardly smiled at the sight. Mr. and Mrs. Jung were currently checking whether the dress that Mr. Jung bought for Jessica suited her or not, and he approved of it.

Jessica turned to look at her foster parents.

“ mommy, daddy, I don’t like this dress! I’m just a teenager, this dress is too revealing for me.. “ Jessica whined, still trying to adjust the tight dress.

Mrs. Jung nodded in agreement.

“ honey, it’s true. The dress is too provocative for Sooyeon. Let her change to something else. “

Jessica and Tiffany’s eyes lit up in excitement at the old woman’s words. Seeing that Mr. Jung won’t agree with her wife’s idea, Tiffany quickly came up to him.

“ please, dad, “ Tiffany said. “ it’s too cold out there. I don’t want Sooyeon to fall sick. Krystal is worried too, see, she’s pouting right now. “

Indeed, the one year old baby was displaying her cute pout while flailing her tiny arms. The man chuckled at the sight but he shook his head, earning disappointed looks from Jessica and Tiffany.

“ she won’t. We will meet with my business partner at his house, and I’m sure he has this amazing thing called heater to warm his guests. Stop worrying, Miyoung, and you too, Soojung. “ Mr. Jung pinched Krystal’s tiny nose.

“ fine, “ Jessica huffed, grabbing her hand bag from the table. “ I’ll bear with this. But, since when I have to join your business meeting, dad? I’m not ready to interfere with business world, you know. “

“ well, my lovely daughter, it’s not a business meeting. It’s just a plain dinner to strengthen our friendship and I want to introduce this beautiful girl named Jung Sooyeon to the world. “ he cheekily said, resulting some cute giggles from his daughter.

“ alright,” Jessica went to Tiffany and Krystal, pulling her girlfriend for a short kiss on the lips before pecking Krystal’s wide forehead. “ I’ll be home in a few hours. Don’t wait for me, just go to sleep with Krys. Okay, baby? “

Tiffany reluctantly nodded, her heart grew heavy as the front door closed before the Jung’s limousine sped off from the house. Suddenly Krystal started to cry, wailing loudly as Taeyeon quickly cradled her, hushing the baby.

“ she’s hungry. “ Taeyeon assumed.

Tiffany nodded, walking to the kitchen to grab the milk bottle before cradling Krystal once again. She settled on the sofa and lifted up both her shirt and bra cups as Krystal quickly engulfing her . Taeyeon quickly wandered her eyes to everywhere but at Tiffany, her cheeks heated up. Tiffany noticed Taeyeon’s action, silently chuckling at the girl.

Cutie.

**********************

The Kwon’s mansion was as big and enormous as the Jung’s one. Butlers and maids were everywhere, greeting their guests with such warm smiles displayed on their faces. The dining table was filled with all sort of dishes and desserts but the Kwon was more into Korean foods while the Jung enjoyed Western foods in their household. Despite that, the Jung totally enjoy the delicious and appetizing dinner for the night.

As her parents were busy chatting with the Kwon, Jessica spent her time to admire each and every feature and design of the cozy mansion. As her eyes lingered, she spotted a rather big frame at the living room. She stared at the picture that had three people in it and she could only recognize Mr. and Mrs. Kwon. There was another person in it, a girl with black hair and had this masculine aura on her face. Regardless of that, the girl was beautiful. Very pretty, Jessica’s thought. She unconsciously smiled as she stared deep at the girl in the picture.

Must be their daughter.. I would like to meet her though. But she looks older than me.. what’s her name?

Jessica startled when her mom lightly patted her thigh, making her broke her trance. She turned to look at her mom, face showing confusion all over it. Mrs. Jung laughed before gesturing her to look at Mr. Kwon. Jessica gave a smile to him, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

“ were you checking out my only daughter, Sooyeon? “ he sipped his red wine.

“ n-no, “ Jessica blushed, trying to deny it.

“ well, her name is Yuri, “ he stopped to gaze at the family picture. “ she’s a really nice daughter to us. We treasured her like she is everything to us, we love her a lot.

“ she’s pretty, I have to admit that. And I believe a beautiful person like her really deserve to have parents like you. “ smiled Jessica.

“ is that so? “ he laughed. “ do you like her, Sooyeon-ah? “

“ w-what? “ asked Jessica, shocked.

She didn’t expect to be questioned like that out of the blue.

Mrs. Kwon reached out to her husband, shaking her head.

“ uhm, okay, “ spoke Mr. Jung. “ what’s all this about? “

“ you must have knew about the news regarding my daughter? It’s all over the news. “

Jessica shook her head. “ I don’t watch news that often. “

“ the one that said Yuri is dating a e from a club? “ said Mr. Jung.

Mr. Kwon nodded. “ yeah, that one. It bothers us a lot, we don’t want our daughter to live such a unpleasing life with the woman. You know the cruelty of business world so well, aren’t you? You must have understood because we involve in the same field. One mistake can bring to our companies’ downfall. We’ve been struggling for years to establish this business, and here we are, achieving success through the years. So what I’m implying to say is, “

Jessica didn’t like where this conversation lead to. She had this uneasy feeling since she stepped into this mansion. The feeling was like, when you unknowingly walked into a mysterious path and you couldn’t turned back to escape from it. You had to face it, no matter what. She began to fidget on her seat, her palms began to sweat, her heart beat in unsteady beats, she hated this situation. She wanted to run away from this place. It suffocated her. She daringly looked at Mrs. Kwon and the old woman gave her a look, which she believed, a sorry and pitiful look.

Mr. Kwon’s words rang painfully in her head.

“ I would like Sooyeon to marry my daughter, Kwon Yuri. “

***********************

The glass slipped from her grasp and shattered once it hit the floor. Taeyeon quickly ran to the kitchen after she heard Tiffany’s whimper. She knelt beside Tiffany who grasping her left palm tightly. Red liquid pooled on the floor, Taeyeon widened her eyes at the sight. She took Tiffany’s injured hand, examining the deep cut on her palm.

“ yah, what’s wrong? “ said Taeyeon as she put pressure on the cut to stop the bleeding.

“ ah! “ Tiffany winced in pain, she tried to pull back her hand but Taeyeon held her grasp.

“ why? “asked Taeyeon.

“ I have this uneasy feeling ever since Jessi left.. it’s like something bad will happen to us.. “ Tiffany groaned.

Tears started to well up in her eyes.



comments!

drama finally makes its appearance!

be strong, Tiffany!

:D