Broken Promises

What Love Means to You

" Wh- what...? " stammered Tiffany. " What did you just say...? No.. No.. " Tiffany shook her head. " Tiff... I'm getting married in a week... " told Jessica brokenhearted. Tiffany shakily stepped away from the brunette, shaking her head as doing so. She couldn't believe what she just heard from her girlfriend. After Taeyeon left, they decided to sort things out as Tiffany was dying to know the reasons behind Jessica's weird behavior these days. And Jessica finally decided to spill the truth, not wanting to hide it any longer.

" Stop, " Tiffany cracked a smile. " This ain't funny. Such a lame joke... Haha. " When Tiffany noticed the serious expression on Jessica's face, she started to doubt whether this was a joke or not. Worry and fright creeped in. " You're joking, right...? Jess? " asked Tiffany, her voice cracked. Jessica painfully shook her head, ensuring the girl that this wasn't a joke. The looks on Tiffany's face made her wanted to just kill herself right at the moment. She willed to die rather than hurting her girlfriend like this. It hurt her too much.

" I'm not joking, Tiffany.. I'm getting married with my dad's business partner's daughter.. The marriage will be held next week, in private.. " Jessica trailed off as she noticed the tears that flowed from Tiffany's eyes. " No, you're not getting married with anyone, but me!!! " yelled Tiffany, eyes blazing with anger. " Tiff, please, don't act like this... It hurts me... " pleaded Jessica when Tiffany started to cry. Tiffany suddenly grabbed a vase that was nearby and threw it on the floor, the broken pieces flew all over the place.

Jessica flinched when some of the pieces hit her. " Look, " Tiffany breathed heavily. " This is how my heart looks like right now.. Just like the broken vase, my heart is shattered, destroyed!!! " Jessica bit her lip, clenching her fists tight, eyes b with tears. She didn't know how to react. She was afraid, if ever she said another words, Tiffany would be much more in pain. She sighed heavily. Her heart hurt. She didn't ask her life to be like this. She just wanted to live happily with her loved ones, Tiffany Hwang and Krystal.

Tiffany collapsed on the floor, burying her face on her palms, crying her heart out. Jessica hastily went up to check on Tiffany. The red-head slowly sat up, facing Jessica. She knew, just by the looks in Jessica's eyes, she knew Jessica didn't ask for this to happen. She knew, her lover didn't cheat on her. She knew, there must be reasons why Jessica had to make this shocking decision. She knew, Jessica won't leave her for another person. But she couldn't stop her heart from being hurt and shattered. She was completely torn. Her hands shakily wrapped themselves with Jessica's cold ones. She gripped them tightly as tears continued to stream freely. Jessica leaned their foreheads together, breathing hard as she tried to bear the pain within her heart.

" Jessi... You broke our promises... You promised to love me, and only me... You promised to never leave my side... You promised to never hurt my heart... You promised to never let me cry in sadness... You promised we'll get married one day... You promised, Jessi... What happened now...? " whimpered Tiffany. Hearing Tiffany's words, Jessica's tears finally betrayed her. She sobbed hard as she gripped harder on Tiffany's hands. " Tiff... I'm sorry... I don't want this to happen.. I never want to leave you... But I have to... I owe my life to appa and omma... This is the only way to repay their kindness... I love you so much, Fany-ah... I love you... I don't want to marry her, but I have no choice.... " wailed Jessica as she clutched on Tiffany's shirt. Tiffany shut her eyes tight as her heart couldn't bear the pain anymore. She was going to lose the love of her life. She was going to let her lover got married with someone else. She was going to let go of their bittersweet memories together. She was going to lose all of her happiness. She was going to lose the reason behind her smiles.

She was going to lose......

Jessica....

Tiffany quickly engulfed Jessica into a hug, wrapping her arms on Jessica's neck. Jessica circled her arms around Tiffany's waist, bringing her closer as she buried her face on the crook of Tiffany's neck. Both of them cried hard as tears streamed down their faces, tightening the hug as the thought of losing each other hit them. " J- Jessi... " croaked Tiffany in a shaky voice. " Y- Yes...? " mumbled Jessica, still sobbing hard. Tiffany pulled away a bit to place a kiss on Jessica's wet cheek. She tried hard to smile, but she knew that Jessica realize that her smile was a forced one.

She gazed at Jessica's red eyes, resembling her own teary eyes. She knew Jessica was suffering these past few days. She tried hard to hide this from her, it must be such a pain for her to do that. Jessica was struggling to keep her happy despite she knew she had to leave her soon. " The marriage is in one week... C- Can I attend it? You must look so pretty in wedding dress... Krys will be happy to see her omma in such dress... " chuckled Tiffany bitterly. Jessica's tears spilled out even more when Tiffany said like that. It was Tiffany's wish to see her in a wedding dress during their wedding day. She said she would look like an angel in such dress, thus they promised to marry each other when they graduated. Soon, she would be able to grant her wish of wanting to see her in a wedding dress, but unfortunately not on their wedding day. Jessica felt guilty even more.

" Hey, Jessi baby, " Tiffany cupped her cheeks, her thumbs wiped off the tears. " Stop crying... We only have one week for each other.. Don't want to waste 168 hours by crying, right? Teheee... " " You fool.... " replied Jessica, cracking a smile eventhough deep down it hurt too much to even create one. " Jessi... Let's cherish the time that left for us to be together... What do you think? " smiled Tiffany. " I want to be with you forever.... " whispered Jessica. Tiffany faked another smile in order to ease the pain from her broken heart. " That sounds great, but unfortunately you'll be someone else wife next week! " joked Tiffany while giving a dry laugh. Jessica knew Tiffany was dying inside but Tiffany was right. They need to cherish the time left for them. Because the term lover or girlfriend would no longer be applied on them soon. Jessica nodded before leaning to capture Tiffany's lips, kissing her passionately. Tiffany gave in into the kiss, letting Jessica to lead the way as she silently cried.

" Promises are meant to be broken, right Jessi....? "

############################