I'm Sorry

What Love Means to You

Jessica woke up by the buzzing sound before following by a sound which she recognized as her phone ringtone. She tried to adjust her blurry sight by rubbing her eyes while her other hand roamed in search for the ringing device. She didn't bother to check the caller ID and just picked up the call. " Um, hello.. " answered Jessica hoarsely. " Yah, Sica, where are you? Why you didn't come home last night? " Taeyeon's voice was heard. Jessica finally able to open her eyes as she scanned her surrounding. She's currently in her room at the Jung's mansion. As her eyes continued to linger around the familiar room, she spotted a woman who was sitting on the couch right across her bed.

Yuri.

" Hey Tae, don't worry, I'm at my house. I forgot to tell Tiffany that I would sleep here. " replied Jessica, slowly rose up from the bed. She sat on the edge of the bed, avoiding to look at the woman in front of her. " You forgot? She stayed up the whole night just to wait for you, do you know that? You shouldn't promised to come home yesterday.. " rambled Taeyeon on the line. " Tae, I'm sorry. But I've got something to do right now. I'll come home later. Tell Tiffany that I'm sorry- " " Don't. She doesn't need your sorry. She just needs you at the moment. Come home. Bye. " Taeyeon cut off the line.

Jessica tossed the phone on the bed, feeling guilty towards her dear girlfriend. " So the red-head that came with you to the cafe is your girlfriend? Tiffany? " Yuri suddenly asked. Jessica timidly nodded. " You and I both have girlfriends, someone that we love dearly, but why, why you agree to this arranged marriage? If you hadn't agree at the first place, my dad won't force me into this. Why, why!? " shouted Yuri. " Not only you who is forced to do this, I forced myself to accept this because I have no choice. So, don't speak like I'm the one who eager to marry you, unnie. " Jessica shot back. Yuri flexed her jaw, not expecting the girl to answer her like that. " You have no choice? What's that supposed to mean? " Yuri asked again.

Jessica stood up from the bed, grabbing all of her stuffs before turning to face the woman directly. " There's no reason for me to tell you everything. We are forced into this, so we don't have to meddle in each other's businesses. Excuse me. " concluded Jessica before storming her way to the door, leaving Yuri alone in the room. Yuri was dumbfounded with Jessica's behavior. She supposed to be the one who got angry about this, but instead the younger girl who drew the line between them. " ! "

*******************************

" Fany, please, eat a little. You didn't eat anything since last night. Please, I cooked your favorite meal. " pleaded Taeyeon, inching the spoon closer to Tiffany. Tiffany stubbornly shook her head, pushing Taeyeon's hand away, gently. Her face was pale, her lips dried and lost its color and she looked like a total mess. Not to mention that she didn't had any sleep last night for the brunette already promised her to be back before her bedtime. Taeyeon sighed heavily.

" Fany, " Taeyeon gave up, placing the bowl away. " What's wrong? You can tell me anything. We're friends, right? " Remembering Jessica brought another series of tears on Tiffany's face. She cupped her face, sobbing hard while whimpering Jessica's name. Taeyeon quickly side-hugged the red-head, wanting to comfort her. Krystal who was in the stroller quickly went to Tiffany's leg when she heard cries from her mom. She reached out her tiny hands to caress Tiffany's leg. Tiffany's cries lessened a little as she patted Krystal's head. " Feeling better? " asked Taeyeon. Tiffany nodded, biting her lips as if she was hesitating to say something.

Taeyeon encouraged her by squeezing Tiffany's hand. " Jessi and I, we had a date yesterday.. " started Tiffany. " Huh? You did? How come you didn't send Krys to me? " said Taeyeon, confused. " Jessi said we should bring Krys together, can you believe that? I mean, before this, she stubbornly said a date shouldn't include a third party, that's why we never bring Krys with us when having dates. But yesterday, she wasn't being her usual self. " told Tiffany. Taeyeon nodded her head, agreeing with Tiffany.

" Her life motto is a date consists of two person who dearly love each other, no third party, no third wheel, no er whatsoever. " added Taeyeon. " Something was definitely off about her. When the waitress asked for her orders, she literally had her eyes opened wide, as if she just saw a ghost. I asked her, but she said it was nothing. I shrugged it off, but then I caught her staring at the same waitress the whole time during our so-called date. She didn't even realize that I stared angrily at her. Then we went to pay for the bills, she was so flustered that her hand literally shook when the waitress handed back her credit card. I was so angry that I dragged her out of the cafe as soon as possible. But then again, I saw she still looked at the girl! They must have some connections somehow.. " explained Tiffany, frustrated.

" But if they do have some connections and know each other, why won't the waitress greeted her? It was only Jessica who had those reactions, right? " asked Taeyeon. Tiffany slowly nodded. The waitress didn't seem to know Jessica at all, other than regarded her as a customer. But then again, she couldn't wrap her fingers about Jessica's weird behavior. " Then that's mean, they didn't know each other, at least for the waitress. As for Jessica, she must has her own reasons why she acted like that around the waitress. Let's just wait for her explanation. Don't force things on her. Okay? " assured Taeyeon, gripping Tiffany's warm hands. " I don't know about this, Tae. I feel like she hides something from me. She never keeps secret from me, but now.. I just can feel it. " sighed Tiffany.

Soon, they heard footsteps came to their way. Seconds later, Jessica appeared at the kitchen door and Krystal happily went to her. Tiffany stood up, glaring at the brunette in front of her. She looked like a total mess too, Tiffany realize that she just cried by looking at her red eyes and ruined make-up. Jessica didn't dare to move, so Tiffany slowly walked up to her. " Jessi... " Tiffany called out, hands automatically entwined with Jessica's ones. Jessica abruptly slumped her whole body on Tiffany, head on Tiffany's small shoulder. She snuggled her head on Tiffany's neck, inhaling her scent. " Tiff.. Tiffany... " whimpered Jessica as she tried hard to fight the threatening tears. " Jessi, I'm here. I'm always here, baby.. " confessed Tiffany with a heavy heart. Her heart hurt seeing her lover like this and the fact that she didn't know the reasons why Jessica behaved like this, adding the excruciating pain within her heart. She released the grips on Jessica's hands and wrapped them around Jessica's small frame. She brought her lover closer to her body, exchanging their bodies' warmth.

" Miyoung... I'm sorry.... " whispered Jessica. " Jessi.. What happened? What's wrong...? " said Tiffany while kissing Jessica's crown. " Tiffany... I love you so much.. I'm sorry. I love you... I really love you... Please, forgive me... " Jessica finally let out her tears. Tiffany lifted up Jessica's head, sealing their lips together. Jessica couldn't contain her mixed feelings anymore, she just poured out all her hidden emotions on the kiss. She grabbed Tiffany's waist, pushing her to the wall and kissed her harder. Taeyeon scooped up Krystal into her arms, leaving the kitchen. The two lovers ended up the kiss, gasping hard for air. " I'm sorry.. " mumbled Jessica.

############################