Revealing the Past

What Love Means to You

Two middle-aged man and woman were enjoying the scenery in their backyard lawn while chatting among each other. The green grass, the garden filled with blooming flowers, the crystal clear fountain and the sound of chirping birds really helped to calm their minds and relieved the stress. The couple was reaching their fifth years of marriage, yet they still didn’t have any children. They had tried various methods and seek help from the professional doctors but luck never been on their sides in term of having offspring. Most of the doctors told them to try in vitro fertilization but they refused it.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung really wanted children. And they never stopped hoping and praying for that to happen.

Suddenly two maids came rushing to them.

“ I’m sorry for interrupting your leisure time, but we found something at the front gate. We don’t want to make decision without you, so we thought we must tell you about it first. Can you come with us? “ said one of the maids.

“ sure thing. “ said Mr. Jung.

Mrs. Jung got up and followed them until they reached at the front gate. From a far, she could hear a distinct voice of cries, more exactly, a baby’s cries. The maids and butlers gathered at the gate, whispering among them. The crowd made a way as Mr. and Mrs. Jung arrived, revealing a big box right in front of the mansion’s gate. They walked closer to the box and the cries became louder. Mrs. Jung gasped once she saw the content of the box.

A baby wrapped in a blanket, crying out loud.

Mr. Jung carefully lifted up the baby, cradling her in his arms. Mrs. Jung stepped to his side to get a better look at the still crying baby. She unconsciously smiled as her husband looked at her in acknowledgement.

Their prayers had been fulfilled.

“ what should we do to the baby, sir? Should we send her to the orphanage? “ asked one of the butlers.

Mr. Jung smiled widely, handing the god’s gift to his happy wife.

“ no, “ Mr. Jung paused. “ we’ll take her as our daughter. “

“ Jessica Jung Sooyeon sounds nice. “ Mrs. Jung added.

The maids and butlers clapped their hands in agreement. Some even had tears in their eyes because finally they could see Mr. and Mrs. Jung genuine smile after a while. The day filled with laughter, smiles and even baby’s cries.

********************

It was a sunny and hot afternoon, too much for Jessica to handle. She walked while placing her head on Tiffany’s back, arms around her girlfriend’s curvaceous waist. They were on their way back to their rented house that Jessica managed to plead her parents to let them lived on their own. Tiffany’s parents also didn’t mind that since they trusted Jessica to take care of their lovely daughter. Simply, both of their parents blessed their relationship and they couldn’t be happier than knowing their relationship got blessed.

“ Fany-ah, “ Jessica whined. “ baby, it’s too hot. “

She heard Tiffany’s husky chuckle. Tiffany patted Jessica’s arms in assurance.

“ ugh, why? Why that mini cooper broke down in this kind of weather? “ Jessica groaned.

“ baby, our house is only five blocks away. We’ll reach there soon. Now, hush. “ said Tiffany.

Jessica slowly nodded, tightening her grip around Tiffany.

As they were walking down the street, they saw two dogs barked against each other at the dumping site. Knowing that Jessica scared of dogs, Tiffany placed her arm around Jessica and fastened their pace. But Jessica suddenly stopped in her tracks, forcing Tiffany to halt her steps. Tiffany tried to pull Jessica but the brunette’s gaze fixated at the dumping site.

“ yah, wae? “ Tiffany took a look at where Jessica looked at.

“ babe, wait here. “ Jessica released Tiffany’s grip and slowly approached the dogs.

Tiffany widened her eyes. She gaped as her girlfriend daringly threw sticks and stones to chase the dogs away. One of the dogs dashed its way to Jessica and she was too stunned to move. Tiffany quickly ran to Jessica and kicked the dog, making it scurried away along with the other dog. Jessica sighed in relief, but before she managed to thank her girlfriend, she was interrupted by the sound of baby’s cries. They quickly searched from where the sound came from, and finally found a baby wrapped in newspaper.

“ how could someone dumped their baby like this? “ Jessica said in a tone that filled with hatred.

Tiffany patted Jessica’s shoulder, knowing that her girlfriend also meant the words to her so-called parents who dumped her at the Jung’s mansion fifteen years ago. Jessica gently cradled the baby, gazing at her with teary eyes. Tiffany kissed Jessica’s cheek.

“ let’s take her as our baby. What do you think, Jessi? “ Tiffany gave a gentle smile to the baby.

Jessica looked at Tiffany who gazed back at her.

“ a-are you sure? Doesn’t it be a burden to you? I mean, we have school to go and- “ Jessica stuttered.

“ no, “ Tiffany smiled. “ she’s cute, by the way. And maybe we can ask Taeyeon to babysit her during our school hours. So, deal or not? “

Jessica nodded before kissing Tiffany on the lips gratefully.

“ let’s go. It stinks here. And I bet the baby is hungry. “ Tiffany mumbled while wrapping the baby with her towel.

They walked out of the dumping site as they happily playing peek-a-boo with the now laughing baby.

“ so, what’s her name? “ asked Tiffany.

Jessica pondered a while.

“ hm, “ she placed a finger on her chin. “ how about Krystal Hwang Soojung? “

Tiffany grinned. “ just perfect. “

Jessica giggled in delight.



so this chapter reveals about Jessica's and Krystal's past

both of them are dumped babies

that's why Jessica and Tiffany willing to take care of Krystal

and the reason why Jessica can't feed Krystal is because Jessica didn't give birth to Krystal

so she has no milk to give (hehe)

comments are much appreciated!

wink