Attack

Bring honour to us all

The sun rose up above the misty mountains, casting a long shadow over the land for a second longer and then causing sunlight to pour out over the large stone columns of the Wall. The air was colder today, so the guards at each post had decided to come together in a clump to stay warm. The day past relatively uneventfully, with the occasionally gasp at a particularly strong gust of wind or the groans of happiness when trays of steaming soup was brought out to them. Soon it was nightfall and the lanterns at each post were lit. It had grown even colder, and the guards could barely feel their toes through their thick leather boots and their hands had begun to turn a raw shade of red. 

"If I have to stand out here another hour I'll surely freeze to death!" One exclaimed, hopping from one foot to the other and rubbing his hands together. 

No one said anything, but all the men felt the same. 

It is said that in times of distraction it becomes harder to focus on a task when it is sprung upon you because you are still distracted. This is true of the men at the posts. 

The lamps flickered and a new gust of wind blue from the west, causing a chattering of teeth and a swarm of misty breaths. It was because of this gust that the men didn't see them. 

A hook, the size of a large dinner plate was thrown over the side of the tower, with a thick rope tide to it. The hook found itself getting stuck to the side of the tower and a large amount of tension was put onto the rope.

This meant only one thing.

There was an attack. 

Each man reached for their swords and back away from the hook. The sounds of struggling could be heard on the other side of the rope, not far from where the guards were standing. 

A man's voice could be heard, followed by a distant clang and scream. 

This told the guards that their guests had not only taken over their post, but also all the towers along the Wall. 

They were too scared to talk, too cold to move and too cowardly to un-hook the hook. 

All in all, if they came out if this alive, they wouldn't get an award for bravery. 

The men stood and shivered and whimpered in hope that the attackers were only after peace. 

Unfortunately for them, this was not the case.

 

Shan Yu; the most notorious villain to walk the earth, leader of the Hun army, vicious in nature and the pure personification of evil. This is what hauled itself up the wall and onto the guards post. He hair was long and dark and covered half his face. The sunken contours of his eye sockets were as black as the glistening beads themselves. His mouth was turned up in a sneering grin, each crease formed making him look even more like a statue rather than a man. 

No one moved, no one spoke. The silence rang on like the mournful sound of a gong. 

Shan Yu stepped towards the men, the mad grin still etched onto his face, and spoke. His voice was as rough and dark as the rest of him, causing the men to shiver from more than just the cold. 

"You will take me to the Emperor now" 

It was a demand. A commandment. No one could argue or disagree with it because it was what it was. 

The guards bowed their way out and along the Wall and eventually made their way to the Emperors chamber. They knocked three times on the door and waited for an answer. Shan Yu had followed them, keeping his sword firmly at his side.

"Come in" Called the voice of the Emperor from the inside.

Shan Yu pushed past the men and went into the room. 

You wouldn't be surprised in my telling you the guards could no longer feel the cold for they themselves were not surprised.

 

Inside, the room was spacious with expensive decoration and an elegance about the place. It showed off the owners taste without being too extravagant. 

The Emperor had his back to the door and was writing. It is a common fact that you should never let someone in without asking who it is before hand. But the Emperor was no ordinary man, and he knew that no harm could come to him even in the darkest of hours. 

"You know, the doors are always open." He said calmly, not looking up from his text. "There was no need for you to struggle up the side of our towers." 

There was no reply. 

"But of course, you didn't wish to see one of my council members, rather me personally." The Emperor continued. "And i must say I'm flattered." 

The Emperor turned around and looked at Shan Yu, surprisingly no look of shock on the old face. 

"But it would've been less obvious if you had chosen to kill the guards and all everyone along the way until you got to my chamber... But i suppose you Huns never do what i expect.." 

"You are a worthless old man, and i do not wish to spend long here." Shan Yu said coldly. "Give me what i want or i will make an attack on your precious people" 

"No." 

Shan Yu stayed quiet for a moment, and then spoke. 

"No?"

"No." The Emperor repeated, folding his arms to his chest. 

"It's like that is it?"

"It is as it is, Shan Yu." The Emperor got up from his chair and made his way across the room to the door. "I will not give you want you want and you will attack my people."

"Fear me, and fear the Huns!" Shan Yu spat.

The Emperor paused and opened the door slightly.

"No, Shan Yu, Fear me and fear my people because they will destroy you. And i hope i'll be around to see it!" 

The Emperor walked out of the room and across the corridor, leaving Shan Yu alone. 


A/N~ THANKS FOR THE UPVOTING/SUBSCRIBING/ETC THINGS! OMG YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! 

i just wanna say the art for this chapter is a bit... idk.. i sort of want to change it but i also like it at the same time (i'm a confused person so that's really not surprising...)