Chapter 5

Wedding 9

Wedding 9 : 05


 

Genre: General, Long, AU

Rating: PG-13 for swear words

Synopsis: Wedding is every girls’ dream.

 

Disclaimer:

1. Sorry for any grammatical error, english is not my primary language.

2. This is fanfic, solely my own imagination.


 

#


 

A man with a mission.


 

#


 

It had been 3 weeks already, after he first walked into Wedding 9's door. Nich sat in a net cafe that was about opposite to the shop. When he did not have flights, he was usually here. He sighed. It was like a dog guarding its bone. He would had growled now if he could. It was not easy to have her time with himself. She was always busy or as she told him so. From his observe, her shop looked really busy. Several couples went in and out, sometimes included elders and youngers, couples' families.

 

She always worked on holiday; however, it was fine with him. His time-table included holiday, too. But he succeeded just once to have dinner with her. Just once, and after that, she was always busy. Was she that really busy? He could not tell.

 

The dinner was good for two long lost friends to catch up. They talked about their studyings then choosing careers and works. How she became one of Wedding 9 owners, how he became a co-pilot. How they dreamed to progress their careers. It was the best dinner for two close friend, he admitted. But it was not what he wanted.

 

He really wanted those sparkling eyes, that secret smile, that he had never forgotten. It was always hiding in the back of his mind, like a ghost in the night, a bird song in the morning. He could not escape though how hard he tried. So, when he realized he had tried to find those similar qualities with every women he dated, he just gaved up. If he could not flee, he fought for it. So, here he was, sitting, and his pretty eyes smile was just across the street.


 

#


 

"Thanks, Nich, for dinner and this evening." Tiffany stood on the sidewalk in front of her apartment.

 

Nich who leaning against his car smiled. "My pleasure."

 

"It's nice to meet you again after all these years. Hope we keep in touch somehow."

 

"I'm sure want to keep in touch, Tiff. How about movie tomorrow? There's a romantic movie just showing."

 

"Well." Tiffany took one step back. "I'll be very busy so much with 3 weddings almost at the same day. We're all crazy with always-complain bride and that organized mother of bride and everything."

 

She took another step back. "I better go. It's pretty late and tomorrow I have to wake up very early. Take care, Nich. See you, then." Then she dashed passing through her apartment's security and that before Nich could hold on her.


 

#


 

Sooyoung sat on the floor in front of TV in living room. She turned when she heard the door opened. "Hey, Fany, how is your date?" She asked happily.

 

"It isn't a date." Tiffany clenched her teeth.

 

"Okay, when you went out with your ex-boyfriend, it shouldn't call a date. It should called make-up date!" Sooyoung squealed.

 

"Sooyoung, it's not funny!"

 

Seeing her friend's expression she got serious. "Didn't it go well?" She asked while pulled Tiffany to sit beside her.

 

"It went well." Tiffany sighed. "It went so well that I'm afraid it's a wrong decision to go out with him."

 

"Why?"

 

"He broke my heart, Soo."

 

"Yes, that's what then, but it's now. And what did he want?"

 

"He seemed want to catch up what we missed ten years ago."

 

"And you don't?"

 

"I'm not sure."

 

Sooyoung just squeezed her friend's shoulder. No one can answer this kind of question, except owner of the heart. She focused on TV again and squealed. "That's my love."

 

On the screen, it was a logo of "Boutique Kitchen" and as title song played, there was a nice looking chef doing his things happily in his kitchen.

 

Tiffany also looked at the screen. "Why is the food show on this late evening? People already ate and become hungry again watching this." And there was a very nice looking dish, the chef was arranging.

 

"Are you hungry? There's some leftover in refrigerator."

 

"I'm still full. I've just commented."

 

"Huh, if you're hungry, just say so. I can eat with you."

 

"You can eat all the time, Soo. It's a very nice gift from your parents, looked at you, tall and slim. It's just not fair."

 

"Shhh. He's about to list the ingredients." Sooyoung ready her note and pen and ignored her friend altogether.


 

#


 

Nich emptied his espresso, thinking about that dinner night especially the way she back stepped from him while he tried for another date did not help brightening up his mood.

 

He was a man with a mission, so he stood up, out of the cafe, picked up a bunch of pink roses  and went straight to Wedding 9’s door.

 

However, at the front, there was a guy carrying a bouquet who likely to enter the shop as he was going to. Nich measured the man, he must be the same age as himself. One who carries a flower but there was no bride or woman with. So, Nich became suspicious, he did not want a rival for now that he did not yet establish any understanding with his gem. Additionally, this guy was good looking. Nich became more territorial.

 

On the other hand, Yonghwa also measured the guy. He remembered this was the guy who talked with Tiffany a couple week ago. Though Hyunnie did not tell him anything, girl code and all. He sensed something and he could be a protective friend.

 

So they just stood and were measuring each other. The fire almost sparked in the air. The connection held still, no one moved from their station. It was pride now, no one wanted to be a loser. If they had to stand all day, they would have done it.

 

“Yong Oppa.” A voice woke them from trance. “What are you doing in front of the shop like this? Customer can’t go in, come inside.” She said while hooking her arm with his and dragged him into the shop.

 

Nich shook his head, the guy seemed not his rival, but belonged to the girl. He tightened his hold on the flower he was carrying and entered the shop.


 

#


 

Right he was inside, he saw Tiffany sending her customers, a couple of bride and groom to-be, at the door. Their conversation was about meeting about place arrangement next time, they said goodbye to each other. So, he waited until Tiffany saw him, before saying. “Sawasdee krab.”

 

“Sawasdee kha.” She laughed. “And this is only Thai word I can remember.”

 

“And I’m the one who taught you.”

 

“Yes, that’s right.”

 

“And do you call it a day yet? You just sent your last customer, right? Let’s find something to eat.” He guessed, it was 6 P.M already.

 

With the fact played in his hands, Tiffany could only nod. “But I have to summarize and plan for the coming wedding.”

 

“You still have to eat, right?” Nich insisted.

 

“Yes, but.”

 

“Just a quick dinner, it’ll not impact to your work, believe me. Your stomach has to be full before your brain can function well.”

 

“Nich…”

 

“Let’s go.” He all but dragged her out the shop with a big smile all over his face.


 

#


 

“Nich, you can’t do this.”

 

“Do what?” He innocently asked while having his Naengmyeon.

 

“You can’t just drag me like this.”

 

“I didn’t drag you, I just want to feed you before sending you back to your work.”

 

Tiffany sighed what she could do better accept eating.

 

“Please, Tiff, I prefer your smile to your pout, please.”

 

“I’m busy, I’m eating.”

 

“Ok.”

 

A minute of silence passed. “Tiff.” He said while kicking her under the table. “Speak to me, how is your day?”


 

#


 

Yonghwa and Seohyun who was hiding at the back when the man dragged Tiffany out of the shop came out. Yonghwa watched Seohyun and asked. “What’s it that guy?”

 

“I’m not sure.” She answered.

 

“Do you want me to stop them and get Fany back?”

 

“I guess it’s okay. Let’s me tell my unnies first.” Then she picked up her phone out of her purse and typing speedily, and of course she forget Yonghwa already.


 

- CONT -


 

Author Note: Five chapters already *throwing confetti*

 

Thx for reading.