Chapter 8

Wedding 9

Wedding 9 : 08


 

Genre: General, Long, AU

Rating: PG

Synopsis: Wedding is every girls’ dream.

 

Disclaimer:

1. Sorry for any grammatical error, english is not my primary language.

2. This is fanfic, solely my own imagination.

 

 

#

 

 

Nightmare is always back to you.

 

 

#

 

 

Nich held a bag of popcorn in one hand while another hand filled with a big plastic cup, inside was sizzling Coke with two straws. He strolled toward the girl he came to see the movie with. She smiled when she spotted him and made his heart stop a beat. 'You've got it bad', Nich told himself. When he reached her, she held her hand out but he shook his head. "I'm fine." He said. "It's time, let's get going."

 

So, they walked inside theater and found their seats. The movie was a chick flick, a romantic comedy which Nich didn't bother to remember what the name was or what it was about. He braced himself up to have his hair standing, if the actor/actress did something sloppy. But, well, a man had to endure for his woman's happiness, right?

 

In the darkness, he loved to see her expression reacting to scenes in front of them. She sometimes smiled a little, sometimes laughed, sometime sniffed, and Nich thought it's worth every minutes he spent in there.

 

Her hands rested on her laps, something inside told him that he should pick it up. So he did as he's told. He covered his hand with hers, brought up to his lips and laced their fingers companionably. His thumb played absent-mindedly with the back of her hand all the rest of movie.

 

 

#

 

 

It's almost midnight, when once again Nich had his car park parallely with sideway in front of Tiffany's apartment. Nich leaned against his car while Tiffany stood aside. They smiled sweetly to each other.

 

"The movie's really fun."

 

"Then, why did I see you cry?"

 

"I didn't cry." He raised his eyebrow. "Ok, I cried, so what?"

 

"It's cute and it's amazing to see your many expressions in one and a half hours."

 

"Didn't you watch the movie?"

 

"Well, I may say that if you ask a question about movie, I mightn't able to answer."

 

"So, what were you doing those hours?"

 

"Looking at you."

 

"Nich.." She brushed.

 

"Tiff.." He said while holding her hand. "Look at me."

 

"I gonna go to Phuket tomorrow and will be back the day after." He tightened his hold. "I'm going to ask you something, can you wait for me?"

 

"What do you want to ask?"

 

"Nope." He shook his head. "Let's just wait til then. So, are you going to wait for me?" He said with his best puppy-dog eyes.

 

"Well, just two days, right?"

 

"Of course, just two days. Actually, it's only about 24 hours. It's a short trip. I'll see you at your shop when I get back, ok?"

 

"Hmmm." She touched her index finger at her lips, thinking.

 

Then Nich raised his eyebrow again, his arm creeped around her waist and brought her near. He made his eyes contact with her at the very close distance. "So?"

 

She rested both of her hands on his chest and whispered. "Ok."

 

Tiffany's really not sure if this kiss and that almost-ten-year-ago kiss were similar or not. However, feeling of legs that had no strength to stand, heart that beated very fast, brain that was unable to think of anything were very the same. It's only like caress of the wind, but it's so sweet that Tiffany didn't feel anything apart from hers and his lips, her whole focus, her whole heart.

 

When their eyes met again, the secret smile that they shared only with each other bloomed. She knew what he's going to ask and he also knew what she's going to answer. Every questions and answers were shining from those two sparkling pair of eyes.

 

Nich's hand slowly and slightly touched from her neck, her shoulder, her arm, then finally they laced their fingers and hands held tight.

 

"Wait for me Tiff, the day after tomorrow."

 

"Okay."

 

 

#

 

 

The next day, Yuri was browsing thru her working-in-progress album. She was re-touching some light, some color so that pictures would turn out to be perfect. However, almost every takes, she paused, scrutinized, adjusted, then paused, angled her eyes, undo, then paused and sighed.

 

“What are you doing, Yuri?” Sunny asked from the other desk inside a small office they shared.

 

“Re-touching.” She answered absentmindedly.

 

“I know you’re editing pictures, but you sighed at every single pictures you passed by. What’s it?”

 

“Well. Look at him.” Yuri expanded the picture size in her monitor so that Sunny who now stood beside the desk could clearly see it.

 

“Ah, Mr.Kimura, he’s a Japanese who speak Korean really good. He’s very nice and his soon-to-be-wife is also sweet. They’re a lovely couple. I love to talk to them, and what about him?”

 

“Don’t you see he’s very handsome.” Yuri pointed her mouse to his face.

 

“Of course, he’s handsome.” Sunny agreed.

 

“And his body is, … god .. , gorgeous, and the way he posted to my camera. He’s professional.”

 

“Hmm, I don’t think he’s a model, he’s a lawyer.”

 

“Well, I didn’t mean about his career, but the way the camera agrees with him. He looks so good in the pictures.” Yuri scrolled down a few pictures.

 

“Agreed, then what?”

 

“Don’t you get it? He’s so attractive.”

 

“Hmm, that’s I understand, but, well, you don’t fall in love with a customer, right?”

 

Yuri’s eyes left her screen to her friend’s face. She looked blank for a minute, then laughed hard. “Oh, No. He’s going to get married.”

 

“That’s the very big point. We can’t fall in love with our customer in our line of work. It’s ethically and socially wrong.” Sunny calmly said.

 

“Yea, Yea, it’s stupid if we fall in love with a groom-to-be, I know it, Umma. And I don’t fall in love with him. I just said he’s handsome.”

 

“Ok, that’s relieved. However, ..” Sunny crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“Wae? What’s else, Umma?”

 

“However, that’s habit of yours about handsome men is … annoying.” Sunny said frowning.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong when I like handsome, attractive, good-looking men?”

 

“Hmm, it’s not wrong but somehow, as I said, it’s annoying.”

 

“Huhhh!, if you’re annoyed with me, then go away. Go back to your work, shuuuuus. I’ll just have a good time with a handsome man.”

 

“Yea, yea, a handsome man who is going to get married.” Sunny grumbled while walked back to her desk.


 

#


 

Six o’clock in the next morning, Seohyun was strolling in the Flower Market. It’s was her favorite moment in the world. Walking among multi-color flowers that every shops put to display at the front.

 

The sky was blue, the weather was still cold with the morning atmosphere. The scent of various type of flowers made the air around fresh and lively.

 

Seohyun carried a basket in her two arms. The empty basket she held when she walked in would be filled with various flowers when she walked out; roses, freesias, daisies, lilies, and so on.

 

“Seohyun-ssi.” A seller called out.

 

 ( ** Author Note:  kkot jang-su-nim - it’s really my attempt to say “florist-nim” in KR, so if the reader can fix this, please tell me.)

 

“Oh, anyonghaseyo, kkot jang-su-nim. Flowers are very beautiful today.” She beamed.

 

“Of course, we sell only the best. These red roses are really big and looked at their color they’re all lovely red.”

 

“They’re lovely.” She touched at the rim of its petal.

 

“Do you want some I’ll give you at the same price even though it’s kind of bigger and so a bit more expensive.”

 

“Kamsahamnida, kkot jang-su-nim. Give me ten, no, make it twenty. They’d be lovely in a bouquet.”

 

“Right away.”

 

“And where’s your namja? Why didn’t he come with you today?”

 

She brushed. “Kkot jang-su-nim, he’s not my namja.”

 

“Oh, don’t lie with elder. I see him with you every time like a love fool he is.”

 

“No, that’s not the case, we’re like brother and sister really.”

 

The older woman sighed. “Ok, ok, whatever you say, poor namja.”


 

#


 

Seohyun with a full basket walked slowly in the alley which leaded back to main street. At seven o’clock, it’s still morning enough to enjoy fresh air. She absentmindedly walked through flower shops that opened along the road. She smiled and bowed to people or sellers she knew, stop to chat or buy a bit more of flowers for decoration.

 

“Ah!” She walked into someone and almost dropped the basket.

 

“Are you alright?” A man, who helped steady the basket and Seohyun herself, asked.

 

“I’m okay, thank you.” She had to look up to see his face since he was much taller.

 

He smiled. “Just look where you walk, Miss.” Then he stepped around her.

 

Seohyun held her basket for a beat, then turned to look at the man who walked steady and disappeared into the crowded market.


 

#


 

Almost half an hour later, Seohyun pushed the Wedding 9 door opened, and proceeded to keep all flowers into fridge, before joined Tiffany at the office.

 

“Fany unnie, what’re you doing?”

 

Tiffany looked up from the phone she was holding. “Ani, nothing.”

 

“But I saw you stare at the phone for a long time, are you waiting for a phone call?”

 

“I..”

 

Seohyun tilted her head, asking.

 

“Do you think if it’s okay if I call Nich?”

 

“I guess it’s okay, why not?”

 

“Hmm, I’m not sure. I mean I want to call him for, well, like morning call to surprise him, but I’m just not sure.”

 

“I don’t think anything wrong with that, only if it’s really a time for waking up. Do you check time different? Where’s he again?”

 

“He’s in Thailand and I’ve checked the time is okay, he should wake up already because his flight back will be soon enough.”

 

“Oh, so go for it unnie, I’m sure he’ll be happy. Fighting! So, I’ll wait outside.”

 

“Hyunnie.” Tiffany called. “It’s okay. Can you stay with me? It’ll only a short one, I just .. just want to say good morning.”

 

Sensing weakness in her unnie voice, Seohyun chose a chair and sat down.

 

Tiffany pressed number and waited.


 

#


 

“Hello.” It’s not Nich’s voice but a woman’s who picked up the phone.

 

“Is this Nich’s phone?” Tiffany asked, confused.

 

“Of course, did you just make a call randomly?”

 

“No.” … “And who are you?”

 

“Hey, it’s not your business who I am, right? And this is Nich’s phone, who are you?”

 

Tiffany couldn’t process anything anymore. It’s the same mistake, with the same man, with the same foolish heart.

 

No, not anymore.


 

- CONT -


 

Author Note: It took time to fill the blank between first and last scene where I fixed what’s going to happen with Nich and Tiff, choosing Yuri and adding more with Seohyun, hope it smooths enough.

 

Chapter 8, *whew*, I guess it’s the longest fic I’ve written up until now. I mean, well, I still keep writing it. :P

 

Thx for reading.