Chapter 9

Wedding 9

Wedding 9 : 09


 

Genre: General, Long, AU

Rating: PG

Synopsis: Wedding is every girls’ dream.  

 

Disclaimer:

1. Sorry for any grammatical error, english is not my primary language.

2. This is fanfic, solely my own imagination.

 

 

#

 

 

KhunFany.

 

 

#


 

Seohyun who saw every minutes from dialing to ending, she quickly got up to hold on her friend who became paler and paler. She helped putting the phone on the table then asked. “How are you Unnie? What happened?”

 

When Tiffany didn’t answer and got paler even more, Seohyun thought of sofa which would be more comfortable. So she helped her friend up and pulled her out of their tiny office.

 

She set Tiffany on the sofa, and brought a cup of cold water for her then waited patiently.

 

The doorbell ranged when both turned they saw Sunny, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung walked into the shop together, while at the same time, Yuri, Taeyeon, Yoona came out from the back with a small biscuit in their hand, definitely Yoona’s product. Then Jessica walked down the stair from the second floor, she raised her signature brow when she spotted Seohyun and Tiffany on the sofa. They all knew each other for a long time that at a glance they knew there’s something wrong.

 

So they’re gathering around the sofa, Sunny took the other side where Seohyun already sat with Tiffany. She still looked pale but, to Seohyun relieved, she looked a bit better.

 

Then Jessica asked. “What happened?” Everyone had their eyes on Tiffany, but she only shook her head she didn’t ready for talking. So Seohyun just took matter at hand, she asked. “Unnie, can I tell everyone about this morning?” When she got a slightly nod, she continued. “I was with Fany Unnie this morning in the office, she..” Seohyun glanced at Tiffany. “She’s going to call Nich-ssi, she asked me to be with her so I was there. Then, I don’t know, it got worse when Unnie talked with someone on the phone and hung up.”

 

“It’s not Nich.” Tiffany abruptly said.

 

“You called him and someone picked up instead of him?” Sooyoung tried to understand and Tiffany nodded. “Oh.”

 

“It’s a woman voice and when I asked who she was, she just…” Tiffany elaborated.

 

“It might be his friend or some misunderstanding.” Yoona reasoned.

 

“It’s too early to be out of his room.”

 

The rest just glanced to each other, reasons must not be what Tiffany wanted at the moment.

 

“It’s just like years ago.” Jessica mumbled.

 

“When Fany called him and someone else picked up. Opps.” Hyoyeon was given a headlock by Yuri who sat beside her.

 

“Well, however, I think, perhaps, you may talk to him to see what really happen.” Taeyeon said.

 

“But I don’t want to talk to him.”

 

“You’ll talk to him only when you’re ready.” Sunny held Tiffany’s shoulders. “Just rest for now.”

 

“However, I think, it’s time for us to talk to him.” Yuri said to the rest.


 

#


 

When Nich opened Wedding 9’s door in that evening, he didn’t see Tiffany as he had expected, but an army consisted of eight women who were all piercing him with their furious eyes. They stood next to each other forming like a wall and ready to battle. Who’s he kidding? He’s a bit scared already. He swallowed his saliva and said. “Anyonghaseyo.”

 

The answer he got was only a silence. Some of them crossed their arms over their chest, but he was more afraid with ones who made their hands into fists and rested them on their waist. It’s easier to flow those fits into his face, wasn’t it? So, he stepped back a bit before saying “I’m looking for Tiff, Tiffany. Do you see her?”

 

To be safe, he aimed his eyes to the Maknae who he heard was softest. However, what he earned back was an ‘you’re going to die soon’ eyes, so he chanced switching to the tallest he believed name Sooyoung and still he got to the same response.

 

So, when there’s no way better, he fought the strongest. He asked Sunny. “What’s it about? Where’s Tiff?”

 

Sunny uncrossed her arms and laying her hand on a standing lamp which she stood beside. Nich wasn’t quite sure if that’s a good sign; however, he held on.

 

And it’s Taeyeon who answered. “We’re not sure if you’re worth meeting her.”

 

Nich’s jaw dropped to the floor. He didn’t expect the uppercut straight to his chin like this. However, he was a man with a mission and today was his lifeline milestone, so he fought on. “What’s it?” He asked a bit confused. “What did I do? As I remembered, a few day ago we were on a good term.” He asked them all.

 

“That’s then, this’s now.” Jessica said in her a bit over usual .

 

“Ok, you guys got me confused already.” Nich said. “Can we just sit and talk? And perhaps, tell me what’s going on?”

 

There was silent meeting by eye contacts of those soldiers, then Taeyeon, the Admiral nodded and everyone stepped back inside the front hall.


 

#


 

Nich tried his hard to make himself comfortable, at very least looked like he’s comfortable, among eight woman some sitting some standing around him. When, at the end, he found he couldn’t, he gave up. He sighed loud before speaking. “I’m going to beg all of you now, what happened? What’s going on? I know I must do something wrong that I chanced to meet your wrath. But, for god sake, can’t you just tell me what I did? I know women are good at silent treatment, but I can’t bear with eight silent treatment at the same time.”

 

Sooyoung, miss congeniality out of the rest, laid the case first. “You handled Fany’s call wrongly this morning. It’s not good to have other woman picking your phone. It’s actually not good at all when you have other woman already and you’re also pursuing Fany at the same time.”

 

“I what?” Nich looked blank. “I’m pursuing Fany, that’s only one that’s true. I’m not sure about the rest. What other woman? What call?”

 

“It’s not good to lie to us.” Hyoyeon threatened.

 

“No, I didn’t.” Nich bared both of his palms in surrender. “I really don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

When there’s only silence answered him, he continued. “I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. If you guys think I have another woman, no, no ..” He emphasized. “No, you’re wrong. I don’t have anyone, only Tiff. Why I searched for her all this time, just to play around? No, you know that I love her, right? I’m going to ask her to be with me today and I won’t up with any mistake that would lead her out of my grasp. No way, where’s she? Please, I want to talk to her about what’s going on.”

 

Seeing him became desperate, Taeyeon then offered. “How about the call this morning?”

 

His eyebrow raised. “What call?”

 

“Can we see your phone?” Sunny asked and Nich earned a brownie point when he just handed his phone over without complain.

 

“His phone doesn’t lock.” Sunny whispered to Yoona who peaked over her shoulder. She went straight to call log and found Tiffany’s number right on the top, so she handed the phone back with the evidence.

 

He stared at his phone, his eyebrows tied a knot. “Tiff called me this morning?” He asked them and they all nodded. “Then why I didn’t know, why didn’t she talk to me?”

 

“Hmm, because she talked with someone else.” Jessica said.

 

“Who?”

 

“That’s we want to ask you, who?” Yuri demanded.

 

His eyebrows tied in double knots if possible. “And it’s the woman you’re talking about?” When he got nods it seemed something clicked into places. “So, Tiff called me this morning, but somehow I missed her call and someone who was a woman picked up her call.” When he understood the situation, he realized that it’s worse. “Well, there’s some misunderstanding for sure or someone that I have to deal with. But..” He looked around catching everyone’s eyes. “I promised I didn’t do anything bad. By the time Tiff called, I must be in cater lounge for my breakfast. Please believe me, I don’t have anyone else. I do love her.”

 

They all inwardly sighed. They actually just want to see if he’s sincere and honest to their friend or not. If he did love Tiffany, the rest should be solved by a couple themselves. Misunderstanding could happen; however, he couldn’t just free from excuse that easily.

 

“Do you know that if you make our Fany hurt, you’ll meet the eight of us.” Sunny laid a threat.

 

Nich’s eyes making contact with Sunny and said. “I’m facing it, ain’t I? So, where’s Tiff?”

 

“Let’s her be for a while and you must clear what problem you have before meeting her again.” Taeyeon calmly said.

 

“When can I meet her?” Nich insisted.

 

“A while, when she’s ready, I’ll give you a call and make sure you’re the one picking it up; otherwise, I don’t guarantee for your safety.”

 

He smiled, though he’s still scared inside but he felt his Tiff has a group of very good friends. She was lucky having them.


 

#


 

Tiffany sat silently on the bench in the park near her apartment. The sun was going to set and she was here for a few hours already. She sighed she must be strong enough to go to work tomorrow. She had work to do though all of her friends were happily assist, that’s what friends are for, she knew. But working would ease her mind from circling around, she wanted to face him directly but she’s coward to do so.

 

While thinking alone, it seemed childish just fleeing and didn’t face the problem directly. As her friends said, it might misunderstood, or not .. she still doubted.

 

But then, without talking, she didn’t actually know what it’s about. She sighed.

 

Footsteps approached, and she saw Seohyun smiling and handing her a glass of lemon juice. Tiffany accepted with smile of her own. “Thanks, Hyunnie.”

 

“How are you?”

 

“I’m better, calmer, now that I have time to think it through.”

 

“And what do you think?”

 

Tiffany offered a sad smile. “I still don’t know, but I know that somehow I have to talk to him. He came to the shop, didn’t he?” When Seohyun nodded, she continued. ”I think I have to talk to him, at least listening to his reason or his excuse.”

 

Seohyun didn’t answer but only did she hold on Tiffany’s hand and squeezed.


 

#


 

Tiffany and Nich met the next day, when the rest of Wedding 9 girls had been ensured that it’s really Tiffany’s intention. Taeyeon used Tiffany’s phone and called Nich to come to the shop in the evening.

 

When Nich was at the front, they all shot him with dead stares before one by one stepped out of the shop and Yoona the last one turned the sign close at the door.

 

Nich walked further inside. It’s so quiet without people around and he found Tiffany sitting on the sofa waiting for him.

 

So, he chose to sit beside her though left some space for her comfort. They were silent for a moment until Nich cleared his throat. “I should begin with the call you gave me that morning.” He looked at her and when Tiffany only stared straight he continued. “I was in cater lounge with colleagues; stewards and air hostesses. They’re a bunch of childish, naughty and even , sorry, people. I’ve talked to the one who picked up the phone. She’s just joke around and didn’t care if I have problem with it or not. I’m really sorry that I missed your call and feel more sorry that I didn’t check my phone at all for the rest of the day. If I knew, I’d have done better. I’m sorry, Tiff.”

 

Tiffany finally glanced at Nich. “So, you didn’t have another woman?”

 

“No. No way, Tiff. I have only you.”

 

“If I’m just by myself, I’d have doubted you like when I was young. But now that I have friends, they all thought that you’re sincere and honest with me. I think I gonna believe you.”

 

He listened attentively so he wouldn’t miss any point. He reached for her hand when he thought it’s safe enough to do so. Then he asked.”What about when you’re young? What did I do that time?”

 

She sighed, it’s been almost ten years, would it help to say about it again? She pressed her lips together, then decided the past should be cleared before if they would start future together. “When I went back to Korea, we tried to contact each other.” She looked at him and when he nodded, she continued. “But, after a few month, you seemed very busy and you didn’t send me mails or chat with me. So, one day I called you.”

 

“You called me?” He interrupted.

 

“Yes, I called you.”

 

As he shook his head to deny knowledgement, she just continued. “You might not know, since you weren’t the one who picked the phone. I called you at your dorm in early morning and someone, a girl, picked it up.”

 

She stared at him when he said “Oh”, his eyes told that he might remember something right now.

 

“After ending the call, I felt sad. It broke my heart, you knew that I had feeling for you, right?” But he only stared at her. “You didn’t know or you didn’t try to know, however, well, when you moved on I thought I should also moved on as well.”

 

“That’s why you didn’t mail me, chat with me anymore, and when I called you it’s clear that you didn’t want to talk to me anymore.”

 

“Yes, we moved on, didn’t we?” She asked.

 

He was silent for minute, tried to arrange his thought. It’s the first time he listened to her side of the story. Then he said in a quiet voice. “I was also young that day. I knew we had something with each other. The time we spent in highschool was my first memory when I thought about my school life. You’re so lovely, so beautiful, I was hurt when you had to get back to Korea. But, then I was in college, everything was so new to me, and..” He glanced at her. “And, yes, there’re new girls as well. The one who picked up your call must be one that I was with; however, it didn’t last long. In my first and second year, I had many girlfriends came and went. It’s later when I realized how I wasted my time with just socials, parties and girls, so I focused more on my study and somehow I took Korean course just out of the blue. I really didn’t know what trick me at that time it just happened. It’s when after graduation and I became more mature that I thought of what I’ve missed in my life. What I’d been searching unconsciously for all this time.” He looked at her, really looked at her. “It’s your smile, Tiff, it’s your smile that I missed for all those years without you. I’m sorry for my youth when I thought of only myself. But, Tiff.” He folded his hand on her and held her tight. “Tiff, but I’m right here because you’re my missing piece. Can you forgive me?”

 

His heartfelt confession made her heart ache, though he would only see her sitting serene. His hand held tighter like he’s afraid if she didn’t understand him through. “Tiff.” He whispered her name.

 

“Can you promise me you won’t hurt me again?”

 

He stared at her for a moment and chose to be frank. “I’m not sure if I can promise you that, because someway somehow as a couple I would hurt you but I promise I won’t let you go. I won’t let you give up on me either. We’ll talk when we have problem, we’ll clear everything up and I definitely won’t have your call picking up by anyone ever again.”

 

By the last sentence, there’s a slight smile on Tiffany’s lips which Nich saw as a good sign. “How about it?” He asked.

 

“It’s okay, I guess.” She glanced at him so he used his other hand held on her cheek to make her eyes contacted with his.

 

His eyes were serious when he asked. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Her eyes became twinkling in contrast to his seriousness. “No one pick up my call again?”

 

“No one but me.” He swore.

 

“Well, hmm.”

 

“Say yes.” He demanded.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Please.”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I’m going to assume that you say yes if you don’t answer me right now.” And when she didn’t say anything, just kept staring at him with sparkling eyes, he couldn’t control himself anymore. He kissed her.

 

When they came up for air again, she said. “Yes.”


 

- CONT -


 

Author Note: End of KhunFany , yippy, horray, **dancing around**

 

What’s couple you want next?

 

Thx for reading.