Chapter 2

Wedding 9

Wedding 9 : 02


 

Genre: General, Long, AU

Rating: PG

Synopsis: Wedding is every girls’ dream.

 

Disclaimer:

1. Sorry for any grammatical error, english is not my primary language.

2. This is YongSeo fanfic, solely my own imagination.


 

#


 

Girls will never forget their first kiss.


 

#


 

It was the end of November. The weather was chilling with the wind blow that could freeze your face. Tiffany strolled her way down the road to her shop, their shop. Three months since they together opened Wedding 9. From little girls’ dream built into reality. They were lucky that they had vary in skills that could complement one another.  And, they were stubborn enough to make it happened though how hard it was in the first place - money, loan, place, chance. Even with supports from families, efforts, sweats and tears were still spending, and she would say, a lot.

 

She fit her lapels closely to protect herself from the strong wind. It was still early enough that the road would be considered empty, only one diligent jogger and the dog owner were her friends at this moment.

 

She walked slowly and enjoyed the silence. When you work with people among friends, colleagues and customers, sometimes, silence was precious.

 

She stopped at the junction before her shop, breathed deeply, another day, another work, another dream.


 

#


 

“I need a long dress like a princess.” The woman said with absolute.

 

Sunny and Tiffany glanced at each others, while Jessica’s eyebrows knotted together. “But you’re..”

 

“You’ll fit more with a short dress.” Tiffany cut Jessica in. “I mean, you’ll be beautiful with every design, but, to make you more wonderful, you may want to consider with the short ones. It’s this year trend. See this.” Tiffany pointed to series of short wedding dress that Sunny helped opened for them to see. “Jessica could design and adjust to fit your body, emphasize your good parts and hide your bad parts. Ah, I didn’t mean you have any bad parts, I’m just saying, laying facts.”

 

Sunny chimed in. “And short dress is beautiful and its help the bride with the air of fresh, cute and lively. Plus, your legs are shapely, it’d be nice to show them.” Sunny finished.

 

“But … I dreamed of myself in a long white dress like a princess since I was a child. I know I’m short and all, but … “

 

“Here, let’s hear my thought.” Jessica said after she untied her eyebrows already with sympathy. “I can design the dress to have tail like princess you said. So, my advice is to have the front as short dress, it’d suit your body more. At the back, we’ll have it tail and you can walk down the aisle with little bridesmaids carrying your tail at the end.”

 

That’s lit the bride-to-be’s eyes up. “That’s sound good.”

 

“I’ll play around with the idea into pictures. I’ll send to you by email by next two days if it’s okay with you.” Jessica continued.

 

“That’d be very great.” She said.

 

“So, let’s wrap up for today. Could you please come in tomorrow to discuss about decoration at the wedding, food, flower and other things?”

 

“Can it be after 4? My schedule is pretty packed before that” The bride said.

 

“That’d be fine. We’ll wait for you here.” Tiffany concluded.

 

The groom-to-be who sat silently by the whole ordeal grabbed his bride-to-be’s hand and said. “It’ll be okay, baby.” And he kissed her softly at the lips.

 

“Well, that’s nice summary.” Sunny said.


 

#


 

When the couple left, all three tired girls sat side by side on the couch.

 

“You know, after tired day, a kiss would be nice.” Tiffany said.

 

“And it’s strange that nine of us who play wedding arrangements for living don’t have someone to kiss by the end of a tiring day.” Sunny commented.

 

“We married with the work, I say.” Jessica put it.

 

“Ah, and you’ve made me think of my first kiss that I never forget.” Tiffany said while her eyes closed.

 

“Are you still in love with him?” Sunny asked.

 

“I wouldn’t say that, even if you asked me during those time I was with him. But, well, something was locked into a part of my memory and it’d never been wiped.”

 

“I think girls will never forget their first kiss.” Jessica said.

 

“Hmm, I wonder if I have one yet.”

 

“Seriously, Sunny, you can’t remember your first kiss?”

 

Sunny pouted. “Well, let’s just say, I prefer not to have my first kiss yet.”

 

“So, you have or you don’t have, I confused.” Jessica asked.

 

“That’s secret.” Sunny grinned.

 

“Time’s up, let’s get back to work.” Tiffany said after waking from her little dream.


 

#


 

Nich was walking while pushing a trolley filled of his belongings in front of him. At Incheon Airport, he looked around and tried to get the feeling of the place where he would stay for a while. And, if he had his way, he might settle here.

 

All his life, he shifted from placed to placed though it was not too frequent or seasonal like yearly migration of some type of birds or fishes. Even for now, his choice of working was an assistant pilot which somehow said about his fate enough. In a few year, he would become a main pilot, a captain. He would be in control of those big birds flying into the sky. He smiled and touched the pin that was attached to his uniform shirt. Ah, what’s a dream.

 

However, how migratory bird he was, somehow there was a root that urged him to choose here and hope to settle down. Though, he knew that it was only fragment of teenager’s wish, buried in time and tide. As a man now, he lived in reality, with attempt and effort he would see and evaluate when the time came.

 

Life had to go on, didn’t it?


 

#


 

“Yong Oppa.” Seohyun called while hurrying from the footpath at the other side of the road. “Sorry, I’m late, the customer I’m working with want to discuss about her bouquet and it took time more than I expected.”

 

“That’s okay. Twenty minutes isn’t that late.” He touched his hand on her right cheek that flushed from her running. “Take a deep breath.”

 

She did as she was told and calmed down. “So, why are we here?” She stared into the amusement park gate in front of her.

 

“Well, your congratulation gift.” He said with a bit of shyness and awkward. He put his hands into his jeans’ pockets. “And, perhaps, I want to play those machines.”

 

She laughed. “An amusement park, wow, thank you so much, Oppa. You’ve made my day. Let’s go.”

 

Her enthusiasm made him smile, at least he chose the right choice and they both could play and spent time together.

 

When they both through the gate, he asked. “What do you want to play first?”

 

“Haunted house.” She clapped her hands and her eyes was shining gleefully.

 

He shook her head with his hand. “We both know that haunted house is forbidden. You’re afraid of ghost as much as I’m or even more.”

 

“But, we can try again after all this year we’ve grown up, perhaps, we may not afraid of it anymore.”

 

“No.”

 

“I remember that last time we’re there you hid yourself behind my back!”

 

“You can’t bait me with an insult.”

 

“You even screamed like a girl!”

 

He squinted his eyes. “You’ve got a deal, girl, after that we’ll go to the drop tower.”

 

“Ahh, nooo.” However, Seohyun was dragged by her Oppa to that waiting haunted house.


 

#


 

At the bench near the Sleeping Beauty Castle, Seohyun and Yonghwa both collapsed on it. Spending time after time on one machine then others, their energy were dropped to red zone.

 

“Perhaps, 26 is too old for amusement park.” Yonghwa said with his eyes closed.

 

“Do you want to upgrade from my Oppa to Appa?” Seohyun asked.

 

Want to upgrade from your Oppa to your boyfriend, instead of saying he said. “That’d be rude to your Appa. He don’t want to share, I’m sure.”

 

“Ha, ha, yes, I’m afraid so. Are you hungry?”

 

“Stave. McDonald?”

 

“No! Do you want to die? I saw nice naengmyeon shop on the way we’ve passed, let’s try.” She said and pulled him to his feet. “Go!”

 

“I think 24 is still fresh enough for amusement park.” Yonghwa commented.


 

#


 

Finding a missing person was not an easy job, Nich thought while setting himself with a notebook and internet, googled himself into tons of information out there. Especially, when you were dealing with Korean names, once he put his designated name he got more than a lot which gave him headache.

 

However, there’s a will, there’s a way, right? Nich told himself.

 

So, he spent every free time he had clicking away link after link. He was sure that she would be somewhere that he would be able to reach. She might have her own blog, social accounts, or even her documents during her time in university. It would be somewhere out there.

 

The latest information he got from friends that she was in Korea, he was sure about that. Just that Korea was not a village, a town, but a country.

 

There’s a will, there’s a way, he reminded himself.


 

#


 

Tiffany flopped herself onto the couch, spending the last two hours with obsessive bride’s mother and whining bride-to-be was not something Tiffany wanted to face for the next ten years. She knew she was good at dealing with people, so does Sunny. That was why the two of them was in the front line - dealing, fighting, soothing and, hopefully, not murdering with all types of customers.

 

However, sometimes, she was envious with solitude of others’ work, Yoona with her cakes, Sooyoung with her foods, Seohyun with her flowers, Jessica with those wedding dress designs, Taeyeon with her decoration, Hyoyeon with music and virtual things. The best part was Yuri with her camera, she even had more chance than others to scold brides and grooms to make a better shot.

 

Tiffany closed her eyes, made her soul enjoy quietness. The apartment she shared with the others was blessfully empty. All nine of them shared an apartment together, though some whom parents’ house was near would prefer their own house. So, normally, it would be four to five in the apartment at a time. So, today was special. She was sure where Hyoyeon and Sunny went since she had rejected the invitation herself, too tired to join nightlifes. She did not know about the rest.

 

After mind wandering for a while, it then traveled to a bench beside a badminton court. She was sweating from a match she had just played. She had her towel mopping around her face. She smiled when she sensed him near. “You didn’t go easy on me.” “Of course, you’ve asked for that.” “You’re good.” “No, I’m the best.”

 

His arm wound its way to her waist. She tipped her face up in question. However, she had time enough only to see his smile before he closed his distance. His lips touched her like a soft wind blow, the first touch was almost nothing but sensation of knowledge, of feeling, of her first kiss.


 

#


 

Nich’s notebook screen was displaying Wedding 9 website. He did not know what he had to do with wedding studio website. His first thought was wasting his time, however, he promised himself he would not ignore any possible clues that would possibly bring him to her. When search results associated this shop to her name, he would go into it.

 

He browsed from the front page, welcome page, services they provided, then finally contact us page. Right there was telephone numbers and emails to contact the shop alright, nothing far from he would expect.

 

However, what made him speechless was a picture that went with those contacts displaying in the page. It said that nine women joining together to form this Wedding 9 and one of them was her.

 

He finally found her.


 

- CONT -

 

 

Author Note: Perhaps, if you could help me, what is the name of Tiffany/Nichkhun couple if any? So that I can put it in the tags.

Thx.