Chapter 3

Wedding 9

Wedding 9 : 03


 

Genre: General, Long, AU

Rating: PG-13 for swear words

Synopsis: Wedding is every girls’ dream.  

 

Disclaimer:

1. Sorry for any grammatical error, english is not my primary language.

2. This is fanfic, solely my own imagination.


 

#


 

Someone always be beside you.


 

#


 

“Yoona, where’s the cake?” Sunny barked into the phone while pacing back and forth in front of the hall’s door.

 

“Please, can you just stop calling me every five damn minutes, I’m finishing up.” Yoona said with sound of clink and clank, she was definitely on the speakerphone.

 

“It’s only 45 minutes before the ceremony starts. Could you please haul your cake here at this minute?”

 

“I’m done now. Should we hang up so that I can haul this cake to where you want or do you want some more chit-chat so I’ll find some nice spot to lay down munching some leftover potato chips?”

 

“Come right away!” Then she hanged up the phone.

 

“I’m mad.” Yoona grumbled while putting an icing flower onto the cake. “Okay, finish.” She touched her backhand on her right cheek to clear imaginary sweat. “It’s done, it’s done. Better go now.”

 

She hauled the cake as Sunny said into her little car that park in front of her parents’ bakery shop. She did not have time to change into more suitable cloth. She did not even clean up, no time she thought grumpily.

 

When she put the key into ignition, her car said hello to her with a few cough before silence. Yoona shook her head with disbelief. Her dutiful car was just die right when she wanted it to function the most.

 

She tried again and again, and found the same result.

 

“God, please kill me!” She knocked her head onto the steering wheel.

 

While Yoona was praying to god, there was a knock on the window beside her. She looked up and found the familiar face peering at her.

 

(**Author note: Euh-sa-nim = Doctor)

 

“Euh-sa-nim.” She opened her window.

 

“What’s wrong?” The doctor said, his expression concerned.

 

“Ah, well, my car’s just die.” She said while covered her anxiety face with her hands. “I don’t know what to do. I have to send the cake to the wedding...” She glanced at her wristwatch. “..now. I’m going to be murdered real soon.” She thought of Sunny’s face.

 

“Get out of the car, I’ll send you to the wedding.”

 

“Oh, really? That’s very kind of you. But, are you sure? Well, I mean, you must be busy.”

“Stop and get out of the car, the cake is at the back, right?” He opened the back door before she could answer.

 

When he got the cake and walked to where his car was parked. She rushed to him. “Euh-sa-nim, I’m really grateful for this. I really need your help.”

 

“That’s okay. Get in the car, we have to go very fast, don’t we?”


 

#


 

When they reached the wedding place, Sunny directed assistant staff to carry the cake inside right away. And left a dirty and bewilder Yoona with her hero in shiny white car.

 

“I don’t know how to thank you enough, Euh-sa-nim.”

 

“That’s okay. I’m happy I can help you.”

 

“But I don’t know how to thank you properly, I really need to. What can I do for you?” She said with her deer eyes and his heart skipped a beat.

 

“Let me think.” He winked. “I tell you next time we meet.”

 

“Ah, okay. Really thank you again. I don’t know what to do if you hadn’t been there and helped me.”

 

He only smiled. “My pleasure.”


 

#


 

After the cake was settled and Sunny was back in the mood, Tiffany strolled around the hall to see if everything was ready.

 

She found Taeyeon busy directing balloons to have them settle in their supposed place. It looked like a hard work, so she gave her friend a hand.

 

“It’s only 15 minutes. We should settle this down and ready for the show.” Tiffany said.

 

“Just one more.” Taeyeon grunted. “Okay, ready.” She stared at her masterpiece then smirked. “Okay, let’s go.”

 

With experience, the nine were settled in their respective assignment. After you passed the first, second, then third time, every steps were ingrained in their memory. The check that Sunny called out to everyone was just for a form and synchronization, since employers must expect something like assurance that the team was ready to lead to success events.

 

So, the ceremony went smoothly. The bride, groom and families were happy. Hours after that, they all left and leaving the nine to clean up.


 

#


 

Monday morning.

 

The business considered low on Monday. Perhaps, most couples were too lazy on Monday to up and about and making plan for marriage. Everyone in Wedding 9 would stay lazy as they actually no energy left since their jobs mostly took place on holidays.

 

Tiffany cladded in only t-shirt and jeans, instead of business suit she wore in the other days. Monday was their casual day, she thought. While Sunny in her t-shirt and shorts, she too took Monday as a lazy day. When business established stronger, they may close the shop on Monday so that they would have time for themselves. However, for now, they had business to build, reputation to make and clients to take care.

 

The door belled and Yoona came inside with a box of some bakery inside. The smell made Tiffany and Sunny’s stomach grumbled.

 

She set it on the table and opened it. In the box were many types of tart pies - blueberry, strawberry, apricot, apple, etc.

 

“Fresh from oven.” Yoona said with her very big smile.

 

“Do you think these pies will help you out of your trouble?” Sunny asked, her eyebrow lifted.

 

“Ah … well … it’s delicious, Unnie. Try it first. I finally got a secret out of my Appa. This’s the best tart pies in Seoul, I’m sure.

 

While Sunny was still pinning Yoona with a slaughter stare, Tiffany already put one in . “Hmm, wow, fabulous.”

 

“Tiffany!” Sunny scolded. “Don’t be cheap.”

 

“What? It’s really good, really. Forget about yesterday, we all live for today and today we have delicious pies. Try.” Tiffany shoved the last piece of hers into Sunny’s mouth.

 

She was silent while munching and thought, okay, good, delicious, wonderful. Then she reached for the other one.

 

Yoona smiled at that, to her mind, problem solved.

 

“What’s a smell?” Yonghwa came into the shop along with Seohyun, they had flowers full in both hands.

 

Don’t waste any time, he put all he carried at the corner and went straight to the box of what smelling good.

 

“Wow.” He only said and drove into the box.

 

Seohyun came up next, she pushed Yonghwa away before scanning what’s inside the box. She selected apple one.

 

“Don’t you have work to do?” Sunny asked Yonghwa who was in the heaven at the moment.

 

“I can do it later.” He answered.

 

“Don’t your boss say anything that you have a sideline as a flower delivery boy?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Oh, he’d have said if he knew.” He raised his eyebrows twice.

 

“I’ve been trying to tell him that it’s not necessary, Unnie. But he wouldn’t listen to me.” Seohyun reported. “I feel responsible for his bad attitude about work.”

 

“It’s not.” He protested. “The boss only concerns about quality of work and if I send it on time. There’ll be no other question. Working can be done any place and I’m sure I deliver a good job in timely fashion.”

 

She still pout. “Believe me, Hyunnie-ah.” He bumped his shoulder to hers, while the rest roll their eyes. And, before they could comment anything, the doorbell ranged.

 

Every eyes set their eyes on the new comer. He was tall and build like a man who enjoyed his time in fitness. His hair was black and cut in fashionable short. His eyebrows were thick above his playful eyes. He dressed in t-shirt and jeans and they looked good on him. Actually, he would look good in anything. He was a handsome man. Gorgeous.

 

On the other side, the man scanned faces who were staring at him, he smiled when he found who he was looking for.

 

“Hwang Mi-young, I’ve found you.”


 

- CONT -


 

Author Note: I mostly write about YS with a bit of other couples. However, this fic I want to expand perspective and create love stories just the way like the movie, love actually. We can have many love stories at once, right?

 

Thx for reading.

 

======================

 

Resource:

 

Source - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090313161856AAb53zP

 

One way to say it is to say Mr./Ms./Mrs. (in ENGLISH) followed by a last name (just like you would in English normally). This is usually done in the workplace. So, for example, you would say 미스터 리 (Mi-sseuh-tuh Lee) for Mister Lee or 미스 리 (Mi-sseuh Lee) for Miss Lee. Kind of an incorporation of English into the Korean language.

 

The more "Korean" way to say it would be to add 씨(ssi) at the end of the last name for Mister (e.g. Johnson-ssi) or 양(yang) for Miss (e.g. Johnson-yang).

 

What happens more often though in Korean is that you don't address people by Mr/Ms/Mrs or by their last names at all. Culturally, Koreans call other people by their specific job title, but not by name. If I'm talking to a doctor I'll say "euh-sa-nim" (which means Doctor) and if I'm talking to a teacher, I'll say "sun-seng-nim" (which means Teacher) regardless of their last names. Seriously, last names are rarely used in daily life like it is in English.

 

It's quite complicated, but it's just a cultural thing. I hope this helps!