Chapter 4

Wedding 9

Wedding 9 : 04


Genre: General, Long, AU
Rating: PG-13 for swear words
Synopsis: Wedding is every girls’ dream.  

Disclaimer:
1. Sorry for any grammatical error, english is not my primary language.
2. This is fanfic, solely my own imagination.


#

Author Note: This chapter is dedicated to Tiffany, she is the main character here. So YS fans please wait, I have things for YS couple already but .. at the right time.

#


Past, Present, … Future?


#


“Hwang Mi-young, I’ve found you.”

The room had been silent. No one dared to even breath. Confused, suspicious was feelings displayed in everyone eyes. Only Tiffany’s showed with surprise, awareness and some of pangs stabbing inside her heart.

With an effort, Tiffany put all of her overwhelming feeling aside. She stuck her smile on her face, hand stretched out. “Hello, Nich, I’m surprised. I believe you’re here requiring our service. Where’s your bride-to-be?” She said while looking around.

He grabbed her hand for greeting fashion; however, he did not release hers after shaking. He gripped it stronger sensing her withdrawal. “No, I didn’t have bride-to-be with me.” He said.

“Oh.” And she was trying harder to have her hand back.

“But I may find my bride-to-be here. Tiff, I’ve missed you.” He said.

Something crossed in Tiffany’s eyes for a second and disappeared, remained only her smile that brightened up her whole face.

“I’ve missed you, too. It’s, what, oh, 10 years. How have you been?”

“I’ve been finding myself.” He answered

“Ah, I see, you mean studying? I did the same. How are you now? Why are you here in Korea?”

“I’m going to be here.” He said.

“Huh?”

“I’m a co-pilot, Korean Airline. I’m based here. I’m going to live here, Tiff, and I’m looking for you.”

“And you’ve found me, congratulations.” She smiled. “If you may want our services, you know, like wedding arrangement, you came to the right place, to the right person. I’m going to help you with all I can.” Sensing something in his eyes, she rushly continued. “But, we’re pretty busy today. We’re going to meet a customer, oh,” She looked at her wristwatch. “In ten minutes, whining bride and all. I gotta go. I’m really sorry you catched me up in a wrong time.”

“It’s okay, Tiff. I’ve found you, now. I wouldn’t let you go anymore.”

Then, just like when he came in, he walked out of the front door with silence around the room.

“Are we busy?” Yonghwa asked Seohyun who stood beside him with his mouth still full with Yoona’s pie, and she shook her head.

“Ten years, huh.” Sooyoung said.

“We have some meeting to do, Fany.” Yuri, who happened to come out from her computer station at the back in time to observe situation, passed her arm across Tiffany’s shoulders. “Urgently.”


#


They had an urgent gathering in the evening that day. In their apartment, some on the couch, some on the floor, snacks and wine had been passed around. 

And they all pointed Tiffany to sit at the middle on the couch. 

“Ten year. Hmm, where have we been ten year ago?” Yuri asked.

“Grade 11, 12?” Taeyeon said munching her potato chip. 

“And Fany had that gorgeous boy around? I was in coma or something, Why don’t I know about this?” Hyoyeon put in.

Only Taeyeon and Sunny shared a glance, but both stayed quiet.

“I believe Fany Unnie was in America. She was an AFS and went there for a year, remember?” Not surprised that fact had been reported by Seohyun.

“And you didn’t tell any of this to us?” Jessica frowned.

“Well,” Fany said. “I told you I had a best friend there. A friend who helped adjusting with living and studying.”

“But you didn’t tell us your friend is this gorgeous guy.” Sooyoung complained.

“Well, my bad, my bad, ok? I don’t know. That year was like I was in the center of the storm. Changing, adjusting, whirlwide feeling, then whammed one year passed, I was back with oversea experience that I felt bless and then it was a broken heart.”

She sighed. “And you guys were preparing for Universities. I didn’t know how to tell you.”

Jessica who sat beside Tiffany put her arm over Tiffany’s shoulders while Yoona who sat the other side held Tiffany’s hand.

“That’s ok. Now, we’re all here. Do you want to tell us?” Jessica whispered.


#


Seventeen-year-old Tiffany was working her off. She was good at English. She was the best of her class back in Seoul; however, when comparing to native speakers, she was still an exchanged student with a lot to learn and catch up.

So, here she was. In very early morning, she was the first one in the library just after librarian who opened the door. She had to prepare herself before today’s classes. If not, she would not able to understand all and she would miss attention points because she would have not been able to make any questions during class.

She determined. The AFS scholarship wound not worse on her.

Eightteen-year-old Nich who happened to visit the library early in the morning because he forget to do his report that was dued today. He walked through the door and scanned the area. There was no one but a girl who has her around her shoulders concentrating on the book in front of her.

He gathered books he wanted, then chose a table pretty far away from the girl considering that she would not want to be disturbed.

When the bell ranged, he still sit on the same spot since he had intended to finished his report off first. When there was a knock on his table, he looked up and found the prettiest smile he had ever laid his eyes on. She said. “The bell ranged already.”

He blinked. “Ah, yes, but I want to finish this first.”

“Oh, okay then, bye.” Then she rushed off and was out of the library.

“Wow.” He only mumbled.

The next morning, Nich was early at the library again, but there was no report to finish, only smile that imprinted on his mind since yesterday that made him waking up before his usual time.

The was a knock on her table, she looked up and found a guy she met yesterday. She recognized him and smiled. “Hi.”

“Hi, I’m Nich. Well, you’re an AFS student.”

“You did your homework.” She teased.

“Of course, but I hope you tell me what your name is.”

“Hwang Mi-young, but I hope you’d call me Tiffany.” She said and raise her hand for shaking. He took gladly and held her hand a bit long than necessary. 

“So, what are you doing this early, Tiff?” Nich asked.


#


“He’s a nice guy with all those manners. He’s not an American. He’d just transferred to the school a few year back. So, he understood how we had to adjust for everything - studying, language, culture, living. He helped me with slangs, describing how and why, helped me understand more about school. He said in his first year it’s hard for him, too.

He’s my senior, my best friend, he’s there when I was lonely and homesick. He dragged me to do activities. He taught me badminton the sport he’s good at. I’s so happy.” Tiffany sighed.

“Then a year pass, I had to go back. It’s hurt. We didn’t have any promise between us. We’re friends, best friends. I’m not sure about how he thought of me. But, I’s sure with myself at that time. If he’s a friend, then he’s a friend who I fall in love with.

After getting back, I was trying to contact him as much as I could. But he also moved to University, getting on with his life. Our contact was lesser and I felt sad. So one day, I called him at his dorm.”

Tiffany took her breath, everyone was quiet.

“It’s pretty early there when I called. There’s a girl who picked up the phone and when I asked who she was, she said she was his girlfriend. So, I hanged up.”

“Oh, Fany.” Jessica squeezed her shoulder.

Tiffany smiled. “I’m okay, Sica. I hurt but when I thought more. It might be better this way. He could go on with his life and I mine. It’s only confused that ten year later, he’s here. He said he’ve found me, like he’s looking for me.”

“After that call, did you talk with him again?” Yuri asked.

“He called me once a few week after, but, well, in my depressed mood, it didn’t go well. I’m not sure what we talked about, but it’s brief and it’s not a nice conversation.”

Yoona sighed and put her head on Tiffany’s shoulder and held her by the waist. Seohyun who sat on the floor held her hand on her lap.

“And do you still in love with him?” Sooyoung asked.

“I’m not sure if it’s love even those time I was with him. But, something was still there, you know, inside this.” She pointed at her heart. 

“You may give him some chance, see what he wants to do this time. If he want to make up or he just want a friendship, he didn’t say his intention yet.” Sunny suggested.

“I don’t know, I don’t know if I’m strong enough to handle another heartbreak.” Tiffany said.

“Treat him as a friend if you can and you have all of our shoulders if you want to cry.” Taeyeon commented.

Tiffany looked straight into her friends’ eyes then said. “It’s okay if I cry now. I’m touched.”

“Pabo.” Hyoyeon naughtily hit Fany on the leg. 

“Is he your first kiss?” Jessica blurted out.

Hyoyeon’s eyes were wide. “You kissed that gorgeous guy and didn’t tell me.” She hit Fany again and again.

Sooyoung and Yuri also threw cushions to Tiffany. “You’ve kissed that guy, oh, die, die.”

“Oh, please, stop, stop.” Tiffany laughed until her eyes damped. “I didn’t kiss him, he kissed me.” She screamed.

“Ahhhhhh.” Screaming from many sources and there was a chaos in that little apartment.


#

Next day, there was a bunch of red roses tied with a big pink ribbon clipped with a card that said.

Tiff, I’m going on a flight for a few day. I’m going to back on Thu. Let’s have a dinner together, please? I’m looking for it. Nich.


- CONT -

 

Author Note: Thx for reading.