When we meet

Mirrors

Aren't you somethin', an original

'Cause it doesn't seem merely a sample

 

“Argh!” Hyukjae punched the counter in frustration as he tried to unlock the cashier register for the umpteenth time . He regretted not asking the girl who did her shift before him, but she was in a hurry to leave and there was no one else in the tiny café.

“Ouch….” he groaned in pain. “Damn it.” He was just too frustrated with everything. Not only had he slipped into the life of someone he had no memory of, he had no idea how to move on to living this life.

His life.

His non-celebrity life.

A part of him just wants to sit in corner and cry while the other part of him was angry. He was angry with himself for ever having the wish of being ‘free’ from hectic celebrity life. Now he is stuck in this life that he wished for. He had no idea what to do and it is not like there is someone around to ask.

He stood behind the counter and tried to catch his breath. His head was bursting and drowning with anger. It is as if fate is playing a big joke on him drove him helpless and stranded to a corner.

Trapped.

“Are you ok?”

Hyukjae looked up the sound of that familiar voice and what he sees before him made him froze.

Donghae.

My Donghae.

“Sir, is your fist ok? Errr….is this a bad time? Is the café open?” Donghae asked as he stood slightly behind the glass door, unsure if he should enter the café with the angry counter staff.

Hyukjae threw his hands into the air, “Very funny ok! Now I am hallucinating!” he chuckled in disbelief.

“What?”

“What? Oh God…” Hyukjae froze again. What is going on?

“Are you ok? Is this café open?” Donghae asked again looking puzzled at Hyukjae’s off behavior.

“Donghae! Err…are you real? ” Hyukjae exclaimed, temporarily forgot that Donghae had no idea who he was. When he realized the y reality he was in, he snapped himself out of his cloudy thoughts.

“Yes I am real, I think so.” Donghae giggled. He was not surprise at all that the angry staff behind the counter recognizes him. After all, he is a popular celebrity and pretty well known in Korea.

“Err…I mean Donghae sshii, yes its open. Please come in.”

Smiling even widely, Donghae stepped into the café and walked towards the counter. His smile, his clumsy steps, his expressive eyes, everything was so familiar and there is nothing that Hyukjae wanted to do more than to hug the love of his love tightly.

But he can’t.

Donghae has no idea who he was. He was just a staff and a waiter of this café. That’s all.

“I would like some coffee. You have that right?” Donghae looked straight into Hyukjae’s eyes.

I miss you so much.

Hyukjae gulped reminding himself to stay calm and not do anything stupid. “Yes of course. Café latte with less milk?”

Donghae’s eyes lit up. “Yes! How do you know? Are you elf?”

No I am the love of your life, idiot.

Hyukjae chuckled, feeling amused that he has to answer this unusual question. “I guess you can call me elf. I know all of your songs and how talented you are.”

Did he just blush?

“Thank you. Always nice to speak to fan.” He smiled.

“Why don’t you take a seat first? I am pretty new here, I think I will take some time to get you your latte.”

“Thanks.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What a nice café. Its quiet with no one around. Good. I like it. Do I really? Feel as if something is missing. This waiter guy…..he looks so familiar. Where have I seen him before?

“Here you go…..hope it doesn’t taste too bad. If it does, let me know and I will make you a new one.” Hyukjae said sheepishly.

“Thank you.” He took a sip from the hot cup. “It tastes fine. Thanks so much, must be hard since you are new.”

Hyukjae sighed. “Its ok, I will get used to it. Err…..ok enjoy your coffee.” Hyukjae started to walk away reluctantly.

“Wait!” Donghae yelled. Hyukjae turned around, surprised to hear Donghae yell.

“Erm…would you…err.. you know…..sit with me? If you are free….”

Hyukjae widened his eyes, feeling a mixture of surprise and thankful for Donghae’s request. Considering that Donghae has no idea who he was.

“Sure. Since there is no one around.” Hyukkjae carefully pulled out the chair and sat down across Donghae. A part of him was glad Donghae made this request but a part of him was also worried and he might blabber something that might chase Donghae away.

“Thank you. You know, its not fair.” Donghae uttered. “You know my name and I don’t even know yours.”

Why am I so cheesy?

Hyukjae burst out laughing. “Well, you are a celebrity. Everyone knows your name.” Hyukjae stretched out his hand “You can call me Hyukjae.”

Hyukjae. What is this smile? His gums and teeth, its so pretty. Firm handshake. Dub dub dub. Aish…why is my heart thumping so fast?

“Hyukjae sshi…. Have you been to any of our concerts? You look really familiar for some reason.” Donghae asked. He did not ask this waiter boy to sit with him because he hated being alone. There was just something about this waiter. He looks oddly familiar and since there wasn’t any other customers, Donghae thought that it’s the best time to have a quick conversation with him.

“Hmm…well not really. I usually watch you guys from the tv……or internet you know.”

“Ah, ok. Is it usually this empty at this hour? This is a really nice place to just chill.” Donghae asked.

“I guess…why? Are you worried that fans might come in and mob you?” Hyukjae chuckled.

He has a gummy smile. So cute.

Donghae laughed aloud. “No no no….just checking out some nice coffee places. I really like coffee but I don’t really know where the good coffee places are.”  Donghae took a small sip from his coffee. “It is not often I have some free time to come out like this.”

“Well, here is a good coffee place. Is your schedule so tight nowadays? You know…since you are a famous celebrity?” Hyukjae asked.

“Hmm…no no..I am not famous. The group is famous. Super Junior is famous and I happened to be in the group….its not like we are famous because of me.”

“You are always so humble.” Hyukjae uttered softly.

That’s why I love you.

“It’s the truth. I am blessed to have so many talented members in the group. I just follow them. That’s all. Nothing special.”

Awkward silence.

Hyukjae cleared his throat. “So, is that a new camera?”

“Yes! I just got it today! I was hoping to take some nice photos of the streets and all that but I got lost and hungry. That’s how I ended up here.”

“Oh? You are hungry? Wait here, I will go get some bread for you. “Without waiting for a response, Hyukjae stood up and went over to the counter and grabbed some bread back.

He is thoughtful too.

“Here you go… you don’t like sweet stuff right? Here is some savory bread for you.” Hyukjae placed a few breads onto the table.

“How did you know……. Thanks. How much is it?” Donghae took out his wallet from the back pocket of his jeans.

“Take it. Its on the house. The coffee too. “ Hyukjae smiled.

“No please, at least let me pay for the coffee.” Donghae refused.

Hyukjae chuckled. “Maybe next time. You can come back here next time and pay me when you buy more coffee and more breads.”

There it is, the gummy smile again.

Donghae bowed his head slightly in appreciation and kept his wallet. “Wow, free coffee, bread and nice company. I will definitely come back here.”

Stop flirting Lee Donghae.

“Anytime Donghae sshi.”

“Just call me Donghae.”

“Err… ok. You can come back anytime, Donghae.”

“Thanks my friend! I will get going now.” Donghae stood up and grabbed his camera. Right, he was supposed to test out his new camera.

“Be careful with the camera, you don’t wanna break it.”

Because you are always so clumsy.

“I will! Bye Hyukjae! See you soon!” he waved.

“Come back soon Donghae…..”

Before I miss you too much.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Hyungs! I am home.” Donghae yelled as soon as he entered the dorm.

“Aish this kid! Where the hell did you go?! What is wrong with your phone? I have been trying to call you for hours!!” Kangin retorted from the kitchen. Since Leeteuk went into the army, Kangin has been taking care of everyone and at times like this, he sounded like the big father of the house.

“How is he supposed to answer so many questions at once?!” Heechul yelled from the couch.

Sensing the irritation in Kangin’s voice, Donghae felt apologetic. He has been gone for a few hours and since he did not bring his power bank, his handphone has been flat for a few hours, totally cut off from the rest of the world.

“Sorry hyung, my handphone died. I did not know you were so worried. Next time I will call home and let you know where I am.” Donghae apologized.

“Donghae ah, come here.” Heechul signaled Donghae to come over to the couch.

He walked to the couch in the living room and kept his eyes onto the floor. He could almost feel Kangin’s angry stare piercing through his back but since Heechul was around, he was pretty sure Kangin won’t hit him.

“Donghae ah, we WERE worried. Where did you go and how did you get around? Manager hyung was not with you right?” Heechul’s concerned questions touched Donghae. He even took his eyes from his own handphone and that was really a rare occurrence.

“I am sorry. I was at this café just having coffee and I forgot the time.”

“Alone?” Heechul asked again.

Donghae nodded.

Heechul lifted his hands and touched Donghae’s forehead

“Call his Omma. I think our dongsaeng here is unwell and not in his right mind..” Heechul instructed Kangin.

Donghae slapped Heechul’s hand away from his forehead. “Hyung! I am fine and I am not sick! I wanted to go out with Siwonnie but he was busy so I just went out by myself. No big deal.”

Both Kangin and Heechul stared at Donghae questioningly, they did not look convinced.

“Really hyung! Aish!”

“Were you out with a girl because if you went dating and we don’t know about it, I will hit you.” Kangin voiced.

“What?! No! Hyung, ok ok. I was with a friend I just met. It’s the truth, you know I won’t lie.” Donghae defended himself. The fact that he had to convince his two hyungs that he was old enough to go out on his own was amusing even to him.

“Hmm..that is true. He at lying.” Heechul turned to Kangin. “Ok, no more next time. Plus I really don’t want you to drive alone so if you need to go anywhere, just tell me, I will ask any of the members or managers to drive you. I would drive you myself but my driving too like yours.”

Kangin covered his mouth to prevent his laughter from being heard.

“Hyung I can drive! Haiz! Fine! I just happened to find a nice place to chill quietly. Both of you are so noisy and naggy. Ok I am tired. I am going in to sleep now. Good night!”

Donghae stood up, marched into his room and shut the door.

“Our poor dongsaeng, I think he is really sick. He would never go out alone.” Heechul voiced as Kangin nodded in agreement.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi my lovely readers! I know some of you may want to punch me in the face for not updating for soooo long. I am really sorry... life got really busy and my laptop went bonkers so I was unable to update for months. Haiz. Hope to be back regularly...I still need to install microsoft office into my laptop..aish. Soon. 

Anyway, I hope this chapter did not too much, I need to get back into momentum so please bear with me till the next chapter! Need some motivation and loving hahhaa...leave it in the comments lol. 

Thanks for sticking with me..muacks. <3