Hot chocolate

Mirrors

I do not know you but I am drawn to you like bees to honey. Where are you my sweet honey?

 

“What are you doing? Hurry up manager hyung is waiting for you! Aish! This kid!” Heechul nagged. Heechul has done nothing but nagged at Donghae for the past hour. Since Heechul was discharged from the army, he had changed. He takes care of his dongasaengs more, asked more about their whereabouts, reminds them to have their meals regularly, packed food to go for his dongsaengs in case they are hungry and most important of all, nagged at them all day long.

Its like the army had unleased the ahjumma side of Heechul.

Even though Donghae really dislike listening to Heechul’s endless nagging, it was a refreshing change. He would prefer Heechul to talk non-stop instead of being quiet. Heechul is known as the talkative member so when he is strangely silent, something was always wrong.

“Yes Omma. I am getting ready now, stop hurrying me or I will forget something.” Donghae answered. He was packing his bag and looking around the room to check if he had missed anything out.

“What is this?” Heechul asked and walked straight to Donghae’s bed. On it was a beautifully decorated notebook. It has the Donghae’s name neatly embossed pasted on the cover. Heechul picked it up from the bed.

“From a fan?”

Donghae nodded embarrassingly. It was given by an ELF from Japan when they were there for a fan meeting. Receiving notebooks as gifts from fans was not uncommon but this one was special because the name ‘Donghae’ was beautifully decorated as the cover. The notebook also had a nice scent. He was not sure what scent it was but it made him feel relaxed whenever he is stressed up. The book was filled with empty lines, a perfect space for Donghae to jot down random thoughts or ideas for songs and performances.

“Don’t look inside!” Donghae yelled. He attempted to grab the notebook away from Heechul but it was too late. Heechul was already flipping through the notebook.

“I do not know you but I am drawn to you like bees to honey. Where are you my sweet honey?” Heechul laughed. “What is this cheesy line? Did you come up with this to pick up girls?”

Donghae blushed. Even though he was close with Heechul, he was not all in favour of Heechul going through his jotted random thoughts.

“No.” Donghae answered and snatched the notebook away from Heechul. “Hyung, this is personal, you cannot just read it like this.” He pouted sadly.

“Aish….. ok ok . Its pretty good though. A new song?” Heechul interrogated.

Donghae shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. The words just came to me so I wrote it down so I won’t forget it.”

“Oh I see. Ok bring it with you then. Hurry! Manager hyung will blame me if you are late again this time. Aish.” Heechul whined.

Donghae quickly chucked the notebook into his backpack and made his way out of the room while Heechul trailed behind.

“Be safe. Tell Siwon to buy me food when you guys are done!”Heechul reminded Donghae as he was wearing his shoes. Donghae often wondered how Heechul managed to convince people to buy stuffs for him. He was the eldest in the dorm and he is known for his fiery temper but somehow people do listen to him not because they were afraid of him, but rather because they did not want to get into his bad books.

“Ok ok…I am going now. See you!”

“Donghae ah wait!!’ Heechul yelled when Donghae was about to get up and leave.

“What is it hyung? I am running late.” Donghae answered.

“Can I use your line just now to pick up girls?”

“Aish…hyung! Fine fine fine. Do whatever you want. I gotta go now! Bye!!” Donghae waved goodbye to the pleased looking Heechul and dashed his way into the lift.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

‘Wow what a huge set! ‘ Donghae thought as soon as they arrived at the set. They were scheduled to film a music video today for their debut sub unit. He has been looking forward to this for years but for some strange reason, he felt empty, as if he had forgotten something.

“Donghae look at those huge motorcyles! We are going to look so cool!” Siwon exclaimed excitedly. Donghae smiled looking at his excited partner. Super Junior’s latest sub unit ‘Donghae and Siwon’ was due to be out officially in 2 months’ time and they are here to film their first music video of their newest album. 

They had previously released 3 official songs before this and they were well received by ELFs and music lovers worldwide so the management has decided to grant everyone’s wish for an official album. Donghae was extremely excited to be collaborating with Siwon. After all, he had the most similarities with Siwon, they were both actors and they often land the most modelling assignments in the group due to their good looks. ELFs worldwide also know them as ‘Sihae’ and they have been voted one of the most popular ‘couple’ online by kpop fans.

Of course both Siwon and Donghae thought it was hilarious and they often played along with fans during concerts. It was normal to be seen hugging and kissing around during concerts. The fans seemed to love it so they continued doing it to make them happy.

In reality, they are both straight and while Donghae really likes Siwon, he was nothing more than a really good friend.

“Can we ride them around to play before filming starts?” Donghae pleaded with the manager.

“No Donghae, we all know you and your iron hands.” Manager hyung answered without looking up from his phone.

Donghae pouted.

Siwon chuckled. “Yah! We are here to work not play!”

Donghae continued sulking. What was the harm in having a little fun before the filming starts?  He looked around. Everyone was busy getting ready. The backdrop dancers were busy adjusting their outfits and others were busy cleaning up the area to make sure the set was fully ready.

“Go to cordi noonaas and get your make up done now….We are running late. Go go go before director nim gets angry waiting.” Manager hyung instructed.

Just like little kids following instructions, Siwon and Dongahe quickly made their way into the dressing room.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Wookie is here!!” Siwon exclaimed excitedly as Ryeowook entered the dressing room.

“Annyeonghaseyo everyone…” Ryewook greeted. He was carrying a tray of hot drinks. He started to distribute the hot drinks to everyone in the room, earning himself a few pats in the back and hugs from some of the cordi noonas. Ryeowook sure knows how to win everyone’s hearts.

Donghae smiled. It was really nice of Ryeowook to drop by the set to buy them drinks in this cold weather. It was a thoughtful gesture and he was always glad that he was blessed by closely knitted members who will support him.

“Hyung I have your drinks here….” Ryeowook approached Donghae who was sitting down still getting his hair done. He was almost done so the hot drinks really came at the perfect time.

“Thanks Wookie. Did you get the drinks I told you to?” Donghae asked.

“Yes. But why did you order two drinks? Siwon hyung already told me what he would like. Did you not know?’ Ryeowook enquired, puzzled by his hyung’s orders.

“What do you mean? I wanted café latte right?”

“Yes, but who is this hot chocolate for?” Ryeowook questioned Donghae again.

Donghae stared at the cup of hot chocolate in Ryeowook’s hands. He was right. It was not him to order hot chocolate. He preferred coffee. Did he really ask Ryeowook to buy hot chocolate? Everyone in the room already has a cup in their hands and was happily sipping away the warmth from the cup.

Who was the cup of hot chocolate for?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hyukjae sat intensely in front of his laptop. After the shocking reality that he was no longer a celebrity, he immediately switched on his laptop and started surfing. He went online and search for Super Junior’s history. He visited the different sites about Super Junior and kpop and all of them were the same. Everyone’s profile was what he knew; their old photos were all still online, even their history remained the same.

The only difference was that, he was not in the history. They were no traces of his name, his photos or his interactions with anyone. It was like he was swiped clean from Super Junior’s history and was never a part of it.

Its like Eunhyuk did not exist. He was still Hyukjae. He still loved to dance but he was no longer the dancing machine that everyone adored.

Hyukjae sighed. He was really at a lost on what to do.

‘Wait a minute.’ An idea crossed his mind. ‘I may not exist as Eunhyuk, but all the memories are still in my mind. I know and remember everything!’

He approached his laptop again and quickly typed in ‘Super Junior Dorm – location.’ He read every word intensely.

“That’s it! I will just go to the dorm! Someone is bound to remember me!” Hyukjae exclaimed loudly in his room.

He grabbed his oversize down jacket and made his way out of the house.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hyukjae walked out of the building and looked around. ‘Gosh, I don’t have a car too? Aish!’ He flung his arms in frustrations. He jogged to the road and hailed a cab.

There were so many cabs but none of the cabs stopped. He realized that he has never been in this situation before. He was usually driven around or he would drive his own car. Taking public transport was impossible because there will always be fans following him and he does not really feel comfortable when people start to follow him everyone he went. However, as he stood there by the roadside, he was alone. No one stopped to ask for autographs, no one was taking photos of him, no one even turned to look at him. It was almost as if he was invisible.

 It has been years since he last took public transport.

After what seems like forever, he finally was able to catch a cab. He got in quickly and informed the ahjusshi of his destination.

Hyukjae held his mobile phone tightly and scrolled down. According to the articles, the Super Junior dorm was still at the same place, as how he remembers it. He only hoped that someone, Heechul, Kyuhyun or Donghae would have a slight remembrance of him so that they can help him get out of this ridiculously messy situation.

Finally, I am here.

He paid the ahjusshi the cab fare and alighted from the cab. Everything was truly the same. The road, the trees were aligned and even the sound of birds chirping remained familiar to him.

Super Junior dorms. THE Super Junior dorms. He was slightly nervous, for reasons unknown. It was stupid because this was his second home. He looked up at the tall building, squinting his eyes slightly from the bright sunlight.

Will anyone recognize me? Aish! Of course they will, I have been with them for years! I practically grew up with them and we have gone through thick and thin together. Of course they will remember me.

Will they?

He took slow and small steps towards the building. His feet felt heavy and his heart was thumping loudly. On his forehead, beads of cold perspiration appeared. Why was he nervous?

‘Let’s do this. This is my only chance. If no one recognized me, I am doomed to live the life of a commoner.’

Hyukjae stood in front of the building mustering all his courage. Suddenly, a black car stopped right behind him and shocked him out of his deep thoughts. He turned around and saw a man in black leather jacket and cap alighting from the car.

“Kangin hyung!’ 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The story is only startingggg...lol. For those of you who are unaware, hot choclate is Eunhyuk's favourite drink in the world. Hehe. 

Leave your thoughts below!! :Do