Love texts

Mirrors

I read the words that you typed and the more I read, the happier I felt.

As soon as Donghae’s figure disappeared behind the glass door, Hyukjae’s smile faded too. He was so full of joy and laughter when Donghae turned up in the café for the second consecutively but as soon as he left the café, he felt that all burst of happiness just now disappeared along with Donghae as well. What is Hyukjae going to do?

Today was slightly better, he was able to catch up on what was going in the café. He managed to catch the girl from yesterday, Luna was her name and even though she seemed irritated with Hyukjae’s never-ending questions about how to make the coffee, how to use the cash register etc, she did stayed and help. She constantly shot him an amused face and asked him “Why don’t you know this by now?” as she continued to show him. There was no way Hyukjae could explain to her the truth so he simply smiled and apologized profusely.

After all, he has to survive in this world, there was no point wallowing in self-pity.

He lifted his mobile and it brought a smile back to his face. He is slowly accepting the non-celebrity life. It does not really matter if he is not living his dream life anymore. All that matters now is he can see Donghae again. It must be fated, to be able to be friends and interact with Donghae in this world again. Never mind that they are not as intimate as before, just being able to interact with Donghae was good enough. As long as he can see Donghae, talk to him, see him smile, he was happy. It was the motivation that he needed to continue his life in this parallel world.

‘At least he has my number now so we can always stay in touch.’ Hyukjae grinned.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Donghae scratched his head. He has been lying on his bed for the past 30 minutes simply staring his mobile. Should he or should he not? As soon as he left the café and Hyukjae, his mind was busy thinking of ways on how to send his first message to Hyukjae. A wish goodnight? Or a message to check if he had arrived home safely? Will it seem too clingy or paranoid? Will Hyukjae think he is out of his mind? Will Hyukjae think he is weird yada yada yada? All the ‘what if’ thoughts were driving him crazy. He does not even know why he was feeling so conflicted to send a simple message.

After requesting for Hyukjae’s mobile number, he was glad that Hyukjae willingly gave it to him. They exchanged numbers and Hyukjae even promised not to share Donghae’s number to any ‘saesangs’ or fans. It was his private number after all and he was glad that Hyukjae mentioned that even without Donghae asking. He really appreciated Hyukjae’s thoughtfulness on this matter.

“Argh!” Donghae sighed and his frustrations echoed his silent room. “What the hell is wrong with me? Its just simple message!”

He finally mustered enough courage to grab his phone and type in the message that he has been wanting to send since he left Hyukjae at the café.

Donghae: Good night Hyukjae. Thank you for tonight. You are a wonderful company for coffee. Get home safely and bundle up since its cold.

Sent.

Should I wait for his reply before I sleep? Argh…..forget it. He is probably on the way home or he is probably asleep. I am such a loser.

Ting Ting. The sound Donghae’s phone. His mobile lighted up, indicating the arrival of a new message..

Hyukjae: Good night Donghae the coffee addict. My pleasure. Anytime you feel you need to infuse yourself with this drug, just drop by.

Donghae can’t help but to giggle at Hyukjae’s response. A coffee addict? He likes it. He quickly typed in his response.

Donghae: Thanks. I will remember that. Coffee addict?! Haha! What if coffee is not the only thing I am addicted to? :O

Donghae giggled to himself again while sending that message. Gosh. When did he start being so cheesy? He hoped that Hyukjae won’t think he is too flirty and abandon him.

Ting Ting. The sound of the mobile indicating an incoming message.

Hyukjae replied?

Hyukjae: Hahaha. What is that supposed to mean you coffee addict? Did you consume too much caffeine just now and now you are high?

Donghae: I guess both you and your coffee made me high! Haha! I might need more tomorrow and the days after!

Hyukjae: Did I turn you into a coffee monster??? Oh dear!  But its good for business so I guess, do come more often? Lol. Good night you coffee addict. Try to sleep now.

Donghae: I will. You too, rest well. Good night Hyukjae :D

He was sure to type the happy face emotion at the end of his sentence. It was unexplainable but the few exchange of messages with Hyukjae made him happy and he could not wipe the smile off his face. If any of his hyungs were to walk into his room now, they would think he was nuts, or worse, they would think he was watching .

Sweet dreams Hyukjae…..see you soonest.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Yah Lee Donghae wake up!!”

“Wae wae wae……….” Donghae murmured sleepily. He was about to hug his pillows and go back to sleep when he felt a sudden and great force onto his face.

“Yah! We are going to be late! Aish! This kid!” The familiar voice yapped again. “What time did you come home last night!! Get up now! I will continue scolding you in the car!”

“Heechul hyung….is it morning already?”

“Get up now now now! We have filming in an hour!” Heechul yelled again, still smacking the pillows onto Donghae in an attempt to hurry him up. The pillows on his bed were soft and he knew it would do no damage to Donghae no matter how hard he hit. He could never really hurt Donghae for real. Even though he scolds and nags a lot to Donghae, both of them knows how much they love each other. After living together in the dorm for so long, they grew a brotherly bond that they know would not be easily destroyed by petty things.

“Ok ok....” Donghae lazily dragged himself out of the bed to get ready. After living with Heechul for so long, he is one member that Donghae never want to offend because Heechul remembers everything.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Donghae blinked his eyes profusely, still trying to gather his thoughts and keep himself awake. Sitting next to him in the van was Shindong who was busy on his laptop. Heechul took the seat behind him and next to Heechul was Kangin. The remaining members were in another car. Manager hyung was driving in full speed. It is understandable, since they only left the dorm 10 minutes before the time they were supposed to be there.

He rubbed his eyes again but he simply could not stop yawning. They had a really early schedule and he knew that last night before he went to visit Hyukjae in the café but he simply could not resist stopping by even though it was late. Hyukje. Just a mere thought of his new friend was able to bring about a smile onto his sleepy face.  

Hmm…is he awake? Its so early but……… what’s that? A message?

In his hurry to get ready and being dragged out and nagged by Heechul, he did not have the chance to check his mobile. There, on the screen, reflected a message from………… Hyukjae.

Donghae slightly jumped out from his seat and almost squealed aloud. He could feel his heart beat jumped in excitement too. It earned the stares from everyone in the car.  All of a sudden, he felt his head being smacked from behind with a newspaper.

“Yah! Its because of you we are late! This is my first time in 3 years being around for our album! I need to be early for make up so I can look fabulous.” Heechul nagged. Actually the nagging did not stop. He was nagging to Donghae profusely till everyone in the dorm and car was irritated enough. Even the manager hyung did not nag as much as Heechul. Shindong was smart enough to plug his ears with music while continuing his work on the laptop while the rest simply threw Donghae an annoyed look.

“Sorry hyungs….I forgot to set my alarm………”

“Heechul auntie, enough. Donghae ah, what time did you come home last night? I did not even hear you.” Kangin asked, wearing a concerned and worried look.

“I don’t know….around 1 am? But I went straight to bed after that hyung.” Donghae replied.

After the exchange of message with Hyukjae.

“Ah, good. Next time don’t come home too late. Its cold outside and its dangerous for you to be out alone without any manager or hyungs.” Kangin advised.

Donghae nodded. “Yes hyung.”

Even though he sometimes cannot stand how his hyungs are all so overprotective of him, he was also thankful that they are so concerned with his well-being.

Message!

He hurriedly swiped the screen of his mobile with his fingers and almost shrieked in delight seeing the message from Hyukjae.

Hyukjae: Good morning coffee addict. Hope you had a good sleep and rest. If you are sleepy, don’t forget your dosage of caffeine!

He must have smiled so brightly that Shindong next to him was throwing him a weird look.

He remembered. He told Hyukjae last night this little detail about him having to start work early this morning and he did not think Hyukjae would remember such a trivial detail. He reread the message again, just to make sure he was not imagining stuffs. It was sent at 7 am. Hyukjae was awake so early?

He quickly typed in a respond.

Donghae: Good morning! You are up so early? Ah yes, caffeine. No I have not had that yet. I am doomed. Kekekee.

Hyukjae: Aish…I did not know my coffee addict is so dramatic. Go make an instant one or something!

Donghae: Your coffee addict? So now……..I am yours?

Donghae chuckled. How he loved teasing Hyukjae like this but he was not really sure how he could easily warm up to Hyukjae this fast. They had only met twice for a few minutes but for some reason, he felt like they have known each other for a long time.

Is this chemistry?

They almost arrived at their destination and manager hyung announced everyone to get ready since they are already late. In the midst of combing his hair with his fingers and checking the mirror, he heard the mobile beep.

Hyukjae: Is that what you want? J

Donghae chuckled discreetly again. He did not want to risk getting hit on the head again by Heechul who was conveniently sitting behind him.

Hmm…what shall I say? Is it too crazy for me to reply…………….yes?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As soon as they alighted from the car, they ran straight to the waiting room to get ready. The cordi noonas were not very happy that they were late because that would mean they have lesser time to get all the members ready. They reunite with the members from the other car. Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Siwon were already in the room, all ready to be filmed for the interview. There were two portions to the interviews. One group interview and another individual interview were awaiting them. Kyuhyun and Sungmin were having a quick bite while waiting while Ryeowook was in the corner of the room stuffing himself with some supplements that he had brought along. Siwon had rushed out to the rest room.

“Ok everyone listen up!” Manager Jung Hoon clapped his hands to get the attention of all the members in the room. “We will start with the group interview first, it should take about 30 mins if everyone cooperates. Once done, you will take turns to do the individual interviews. Donghae and Siwon will go first as they have another schedule waiting for them. Once you are done, you may go off. Ok?”

“Thanks hyung!” they answered in unison.

Sitting in front of the mirror and watching the cordi noona styled his hair, he realized he has yet to reply to Hyukjae’s message. He slightly panicked and took out his mobile from his pocket clumsily, almost dropping it. It has been an hour since Hyukjae sent that message. What will Hyukjae think?

Donghae: Why don’t I tell you in person? I want to see your reaction. Haha! Say, do you have off days? We can just hang out and check out other coffee places. You know….for you to check out the competition out there. J

In less than a minute a reply came rushing in.

Hyukjae: Today is my off day. Check what competition? I am just a coffee boy, not the owner of the café! Haha! Why don’t you just admit you are asking me out?

Donghae giggled at Hyukjae’s response. He is smart.

Donghae: If I admit, would you say yes? Kekekeke. I have another schedule after this but I should be done by 5 pm.

Hyukjae: So are we going for dinner? 6 pm is good so its not too rushing for you. Where shall I meet my coffee addict?

Donghae: You live near the café right. I will drive and pick you up at 6 pm then. Is that ok?

Hyukjae: Ok. See you.

Donghae: See you later!

Donghae slid his mobile phone back into his pocket and his lips curved into a wide smile.

Can’t wait.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't even know what I was typing for the first half of this chapter. Hahaha...hope it didn't too much. All of you can't wait for eunhae interactions right? I can read all your minds hahaha...next chapter, please wait patiently! Enjoy reading!