Innocent flirting

Mirrors

Bye my baby.........

Hyukjae stared longingly at the figure leaving the cafe. It has only been a few days since he transformed and slipped into this new life, only a few days of not being next to Donghae all the time, yet he has never missed anyone this much in his entire life. How is that is possible? He must have taken everything for granted. It is true that he has not only worked with Donghae for more than 10 years, he has also lived with Donghae under one roof all these years. Even though they were staying in different dorms, Donghae staying on the 12th floor with the other hyungs while he stated in the 11th floor, he has never felt that they were living apart. Donghae was always around in the 11th floor dorm whenever he was free. Heck, he was always at the 11th floor dorm more than his own dorm. Even the rest of the members can testify to that.

Actually he does not even know why Donghae keeps hanging out in their dorm. At first he was like an annoying kid who wants to know everything he does and wants to get involved in everything Hyukjae does too. He was like a cute pest that would not go away. After some time, everyone, including Hyukjae, got used to having him around. Even though he can be annoying at times, he was always sweet and loving, never missing opportunities to say sweet greetings like 'I love you', 'I miss you', and 'I worry about you.'. Donghae was not really known to be eloquent but whatever words that came out of his mouth, it was always a reflection of his true feelings.

Oh yes, he is the only member who doesn't lie. Not that the rest of the members lie a lot, but Donghae's child-like manners includes him not being to hide his true feelings. He is predictable and members will know when Donghae is feeling sad or upset. Donghae finds it difficult to mask his emotions.

It was only a few months ago, when they sealed their relationship with each other. 

At first it was only a rumour that both Donghae and Eunhyuk played along with ELFs who seemed to like putting them together as a couple. It started off with random teasing on twitter and then it went on to fanarts, fan fictions and it even lead to the opening of new fan sites such as 'With Eunhae' and 'Eunhaeforever'. Both of them thought it was funny how fans would capture pictures of them together and somehow created fictional scenarios or dialogues of what would have happened. The number of fan arts increased and ELFs from all over the world started to link them fanarts, both cute and some rated ones, which made their presence in the group much more exciting. A touch, a smile to each other, a hug, it was all captured and compiled by ELFs. Nothing was un-captured. 

Since it got exciting, they decided to play along. They were already best friends and having lived and worked together for donkey years made it easier for them to display skinship, on and off camera. The more skinship they displayed, the more the fans loved it and they felt their popularity rise to heights they never imagined.

However, something unexpected happened.

They fell in love. Unknowingly.

Which probably explains why all those acts of fan services felt natural. They were not sure how the other members would take it so they decided to keep this to themselves, just between the two of them. It was real, and the rest of the members had no idea. It was all nice and lovey dovey until Eunhyuk's twitter got hacked which led him to being depressed. But Donghae was always there as a support system. Always there to hug him into comfort, always there to offer words of encouragement and always there physically by his side.

After all, he was the boyfriend.

What do I do now? I can't tell him the truth, it would freak him out. I can't tell anyone else because it would freak them out to. Aish. I have no choice but to just be Hyukjae, the normal, non-celebrity Hyukjae. I am not longer Eunhyuk, the performer, the dancing machine, the idol. I am normal.

It was a miracle to see Donghae stepped into the cafe as if he just stepped out of Hyukjae's thoughts. At first he thought it was a hallucination but thankfully he was able to control his emotions and stay calm. He was also glad that he did not do anything stupid like hugging him or kissing him, even though that was what he wanted to do. He was good at masking emotions. He figured out that the best thing to do now is to be friendly to Donghae, who knows he may drop by again as a customer.

That was his only chance of seeing Donghae. Even if it means serving him coffee for the rest of his life, he was willing to it because the mere sight of Donghae and sharing a conversation with Donghae was enough to make him happy. For now. he could not expect too much, could he?

Come back soon baby.....

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Do we really have to this?” Donghae voiced out in objection to the idea given by manager hyung.

“You know the fans like it…..” Junghoon explained.

Both Siwon, Donghae and manager were in the waiting room, getting ready interview that was due to happen in 2o minutes time. This would be their first interview as a sub unit ‘Donghae and Siwon’ before launching their ‘Ride Me’ album. It was the first time Super Junior unit consist of only 2 members instead of the usual 5 or 6 members. The only reason why this sub unit exists is because ELFs loved the pairing ‘SiHae’ so much that the company believed that this sub unit will helped Super Junior be better known than they already are. Furthermore, this is the best time to launch this since both Siwon and Donghae are due to go into army in 1.5 years’ time.

“I have no problems with it.” Siwon answered sharply.

“Siwonnie, you always like skinship.” Donghae sighed. Junghoon manager had informed them the company is giving them green light to show as much skinship as possible during the interview. It will help with the promotion of the album since ELFs seemed to really like the idea of Siwon and Donghae being together as a couple. Even though it may seem gay for some unknown reasons, the fans seem to like that idea.

“Ok fine, but no kissing me!” Donghae warned Siwon while Junghoon manager laughed in amusement.

“Araseo. Aish, its not like we are a real couple. Tsk. You know I like girls and I for Christ’s sake, it’s a huge sin to be gay.” Siwon replied as we checked his hairstyle in the mirror for the umpteenth time.

Donghae was still apprehensive about this whole idea. True, he is close to Siwon but to display affections like a couple in front of the cameras and fans? It was quite difficult. He was not all comfortable with it. He only agreed to do this sub unit because it was something different. The last time he worked with only Siwon was for a Taiwanese drama and it went well, he don’t see why he should not embark on this. This new sub unit also means extra payment for him.

Let’s do this. Donghae cheered himself before getting ready to go out and face the camera for the interview.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Good job guys!” Junghoon patted Donghae’s and Siwon’s back. The recording of the interview only lasted for an hour for but some reason Donghae felt that it lasted for eternity. He was not really eloquent or good with words so Siwon was the one who answered most of the questions by the host. Sure, there were some embarrassing questions, mostly about their skinship but Donghae could find it in him to even answer properly. He simply looked down and waited for Siwon to rescue him by answering. Ah, this is Donghae, he is just not good at talking.

“Thanks hyung, you worked hard too.” Siwon smiled revealing his friendly dimples. “Donghae, you ok? You were pretty quiet.” Siwon turned to Donghae who was packing his bag getting ready to leave.

“Huh? I am ok, aish….you know me. I am not really good at interviews or talking. I always say the wrong things.” Donghae stuttered as he continues packing his things into his bag pack, ignoring both Siwon’s and Junghoon’s stare.

Siwon moved closer to Donghae and rested his hands on his back, “Ok, but next time you need to speak more ok. I do not want it to seem like I am dominating the limelight. There are only the two of us this time, you need to get used to speaking more ok?” It was a genuine concern.

“Araaa…I will practice in front of the mirror ok?” he reassured Siwon.

Siwon heaved out a huge breath, “Ok, see you tomorrow. Hyung, I will go off first since I drove here. Good night!”

“Good night!” Junghoon replied. “Donghae ah, let’s go, I will drive you back to the dorm. I am sure you are tired from the day.”

“Ok, what is the time now? Oh, its only 10 pm!” Donghae exclaimed when he checked the time on his watch.

“What you mean only 10 pm? Its late. You need to rest. Let’s go.”

“Hyung, do you mind dropping me off somewhere? I will go home by cab after that.” Donghae requested.

“Huh? Where are you going at this hour? All the shops are closed and we have an early morning schedule tomorrow.” Junghoon frowned, not really keen to grant Donghae’s unusual request.

“Relax. I was wondering if you can drop me by a coffee place. They served the best coffee.”

“At this hour? My boy, you don’t need caffeine at this hour. You need sleep.” Junghoon refused.

Yes, but I need to see my new friend, Hyukjae.

“Hyung please!” Donghae pleaded. “It will only take a while and I promise to call a cab home. You do not even need to wait for me.”

“Hmmm…I don’t know. What if you get mobbed by fans?” Junghoon questioned.

“I won’t! It’s a quiet café and look at the time! Its late, I am sure there are not many people in the streets.” Donghae moved himself closer to Junghoon and grabbed his arms. “Please please please….”

“Aish! Ok fine! Call me once you have reached the dorm! Plus, let your hyungs know too if not they will end up bothering me the entire night!”

Donghae smiled widely revealing his perfectly aligned teeth.

“Thank you hyung!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

10.30 pm.

I hope I am not too late. What if the café is closed? What is Hyukjae sshii is not there? Wait, what is it I want? Coffee or to see Hyukjae sshii and his pretty gummy smile? Tsk.

Donghae sighed. He was not quite sure why he was excited to go to TLJ café. He was only there yesterday. Is it the tasty coffee? Or is it the company of Hyukjae and how Hyukjae was a good companion over coffee. Funny, how a stranger makes him feel so comfortable. He felt safe, he knows that Hyukjae can be trusted. Not sure how, but it was just an instinct. There was just something about Hyukjae that was ……….familiar.

He slowly crept towards the entrance of the café. It looked empty except for a lady who was engrossed in her book while sipping coffee at the corner of the café. He gently pushed the glass door and peeked at the counter.

Where is Hyukjae? Is he on his shift now?

There was no one at the counter. Weird, he thought. He entered the café and sauntered towards the counter, hoping that the lady in the café would not recognize him. As much as he appreciates his fans, he appreciated some quiet time alone as well.

“Donghae sshi!” Donghae heard his name being called but he had no idea where the voice came from.

“You are here!” It was Hyukjae walking from the kitchen and revealing his pretty gummy smile to Donghae.  To be welcomed like this, it was nice

“Yes! I could not stay away from you…..I mean from your coffee yesterday.” 

Lee Donghae, you better watch your words! Donghae scolded and reminded himself. What did he just said? Gosh.

“I mean, remember I had to come back for more coffee and bread right since I owe you from yesterday.” He smiled. Hyukjae seemed to have missed Donghae’s slip of the tongue.

“Of course! Oh! But its late and we don’t have much bread left, but I can definitely make you some coffee! The same as yesterday?” Hyukjae asked enthusiastically.

Is he this friendly to all customers or just me?

“Yes! Thanks Hyukjae sshi.”

“Drop the formality, call me Hyukjae.”

“Only if you call me Donghae.”

Hyukjae chuckled. “Arraseo.”

There is the pretty gummy smile again!

“What time do you close Hyukjae sshii….…I mean Hyukjae?” Donghae asked. Actually he saw that the café closed at 11 pm but he simply wanted to start a conversation with Hyukjae at the counter instead of sitting down at the table.

“11 pm…but don’t worry. I will close it only after you are done.” Hyukjae smiled reassuringly.

“Thanks. Are you this nice to everyone or do I get special treatment?” Donghae asked cheekily.

“You are special…..” Hyukjae answered immediately. It was only after the words came out, Hyukjae widened his eyes and looked down onto the cash register, avoiding eye contact with Donghae who was equally wide eyed looking at him and waiting for him to elaborate his reply.

“Really? How am I special?”

Hyukjae blushed. “Aish…….its not everyday we get customers who are famous celebrities that why.” Phew. Thank goodness Hyukjae was quick at covering up.

“I am just a normal coffee addict….” Donghae explained. “So, how many hours have you been working here today?” Donghae changed the topic as he watched Hyukjae prepare his cup of café latte.

“Since 3 pm. I was wondering if you would turn up today. You know, since you are a coffee addict.” Both of them exploded into small chuckles.

“Why? Have you been waiting for me?” Donghae asked again.

Say yes.

“If I say yes, would you be scared of me?”

Donghae blinked. It was an unexpected response to his question. He smiled. “Nah, you look too skinny and too friendly for me to be scared of you.”

Hyukjae laughed again, keeping his eyes on the hot cup of café latte. “I can be a saesang you know, I can snap photos of you and spread vicious rumours about you on the internet.”

“Hmmmm……….” Donghae rested his finger on his chin, as if thinking of what to reply to Hyukjae’s playful comment. “Shall I pose for you then? Make sure I look good in all the photos?”

“Hahaha!” Hyukjae burst into laughter. “You are one weird celebrity. Here is your café latte ready…….you want it to go or you want to have it here?”

“If I have it to go, can I have you as take-away too?

So cheesy Lee Donghae is this your way of flirting?

Hyukjae was still laughing in amusement.

“I will have it here.”

Hyukjae smiled widely at the cheesy comment. “Sit down then, I will bring this to you. Its hot.” By this time, the lady who was engrossed in reading her book was already making her way out of the café. She seemed to not recognize who Donghae was, which was a good thing. Either that, or the lady is too grossed out from their conversation at the counter. It was a small café, she may have heard the whole conversation.

“Thanks, I really needed this.” Donghae took a sip of the hot latte as soon as he sat down.

“From your cheesy lines just now, I assume you want me to sit with you again?” A gummy smile was still plastered on his face.

“Yes please. Sorry for the cheesy lines. I had busy day. Its nice to play around with someone I find comfortable to talk to.” Donghae answered. It was the truth. Even though they just met, he really felt at ease with Hyukjae. “Oh? I only have 10 minutes, I will hurry up and finish my drink so you can close up and go home.”

“Its ok. Take your time. I don’t want you to burn your tongue. You are a singer right? I don’t want to be responsible if you can’t sing with a burned tongue.”

He sounded so concerned for me.

“No worries, my tongue can do other things too you know, not just sing.” Donghae replied.

“What?” Hyukjae’s confused look shocked Donghae.

“What?”

“Err…I mean, I can talk too, you know in dramas and interviews….singing is not all I do.” Donghae answered quickly to cover up.

Hyukjae nodded. “Of course. Be careful……no need to rush. I know I make delicious coffee. By the way, why would you need caffeine at this hour? Won’t you have problems sleeping if you drink coffee this late?”

“I don’t know. I just felt like having coffee at this hour. If I can’t sleep then I will write songs or watch some movies I guess.”

Actually it is unusual for Donghae to crave coffee at this hour. He would usually have some hot tea before sleeping as caffeine has been known to keep him awake and alert, something he grew to depend on especially when schedules are tight and he lacks sleep.

“Oh? Does it work? Drinking tea and watching movies to help you go to sleep? What if the movie is exciting? Wouldn’t you be more awake?” Hyukjae was concerned. From his memory, he remembers what Donghae would do if he cannot sleep. He would go over to Hyukjae’s room and talk. Of course there are times when he wanted to sleep but Donghae would continue talking continuously. When this happens, he would usually ignore Donghae and let him talk. Usually Hyukjae will find him sleeping on the floor of his bedroom and sometimes on the bed squeezing his way through. But since Hyukjae is not in Donghae’s life anymore in this reality, he wondered what the arrangement was like.

“You are right! That does happen at times! I would get too excited from watching movies and I would end up being more awake! Oh well, I guess if I am feeling awake you just have to accompany me all night then.” Donghae shrugged his shoulders innocently.

Hyukjae burst into laughter again. The Lee Donghae in this reality is equally amusing. How he wish he can pinch those cute cheeks each time he comes up with a cheesy comment.

“Sure I can keep you company all night….But I don’t want the rest of the Super Junior members to think I kidnap you. Your hyungs will come after me and break my bones.” Hyukjae played along.

“Hahaha! My hyungs may seem big and muscular but they won’t even hurt a fly. They are nice people really. But! You are right….they will worry about me and I will hear their endless nagging if I am out till late.”

Hyukjae nodded and smiled at this sight of Donghae blowing into his coffee and sipping it clumsily. How can this human being be so cute?

“Are you serious about talking to me all night to keep me company if I can’t sleep or are you just playing with me?” Donghae’s tone of voice turned serious.

“I am serious, anytime you need a listening ear Donghae.” Hyujkae reassured and smiled.

“Good.” Donghae smiled happily. “In that case, I would need your mobile number now.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Slightly lengthy when I have more inspiration. LOL. Thank you to all who commented after my 5 months hiatus from this fic. Ahh..it makes me feel so loved..hahaha so here is the next update! Thanks!!