Click!

Mirrors

Call me selfish because I only want you for me.

 

“What?!”

“What?!!!!”

The sound of shrieking confusion from both Hyukjae and Donghae came shooting out at the same time, instantly causing an even bigger confusion the poor girl’s face.  Shifting her eyes from Hyukjae and darted towards Donghae who was in the driving seat, she widened her eyes in surprise.

“Are you Donghae?” she stared at him.

Donghae faked a cough and lowered his cap. Busted.

Realizing that there is no point lying, he lightly nodded his head.

The girl gasped and covered his mouth in surprise. She turned to Hyukjae, “Oppa! You know Donghae sshi?”

Hyukjae bit his lip trying to think of an answer that will somehow satisfy this stranger girl while chase her away. He was not really sure what to do. He really wanted to get away from the girl, for fear that Donghae might be upset by her presence. He knew Donghae too well from his experiences in the previous reality.

On the other hand, he was trying to act out his life in this reality to the best of his abilities, even though he has no memories of this girl who claimed to be his girlfriend. Damn, he does not even know her name. How can he make this situation better?

He took a 5 seconds to take in a deep breathe while lightly massaging his temple. He composed himself, smiled and look at up to the girl who was still rooted outside the car.

“Sorry. Were we supposed to meet now?”

The girl frowned and her eyes roamed back to Donghae who seemed to have lowered his cap more to cover his face partially.

“No….but…”

“Ah! That’s right. Oppa is going with a friend. We will arrange another time to meet ok?” He quickly turned to Donghae on his right.

“Shall we go?” he suggested.

Donghae’s lips stretched across his face so widely when he heard that. He changed gears and stepped on the pedal and the car zoomed past the girl who was still wearing the shocked look on her face.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was the longest 10 minutes of silence that Donghae had ever felt. As much as he was trying to appear cool and collected while maintaining his focus on the road, he mind was a whirlpool of thoughts.

He has a girlfriend?

He was surprised. Its not that there was anything wrong with having a girlfriend. He was just……..surprised. He is not upset. No way. Why would he feel upset? Hyukjae is a guy right? He is allowed to have girlfriend like any other normal guys out there. Right? Right? There is nothing out of this world about this.

“You ok?” Hyukjae’s question broke the loud silence in the car.

“Huh? Why won’t I be ok?”

Hyukjae chuckled. “You are ok that the girl saw your face?” Hyukjae kept his eyes on Donghae. Donghae was never a good liar. He was never really good at hiding his emotions. Therefore, it is easy to tell when he is feeling sad or upset.

“Well its not like our meet up is a secret date or anything like that!” Donghae chuckled nervously. His voice was a little louder than he intended. He had to admit that Hyukjae staring at him like that made him………nervous.  

“I mean……” Donghae continued. “Its ok to see my face but I hope she will not go around telling people about it because you may not have peace.”

“I understand. I will be sure to tell her that next time.”

“Yeah…you know…I still hope to visit you……...I mean at the café……….visit the café…………..you know………coffee……I like.”

Lee Donghae why are you stuttering?

Hyukjae placed his hand on Donghae’s shoulders and smiled warmly. “I understand. Don’t worry ok.”

Donghae could only smile in assurance. Here was this stranger he knew only a few days ago and now he is already in his car. It is not a norm for him to get close with anyone at this quickly. It was also off how he was able to trust Hyukjae too quickly, he was not sure what has gotten into him but one thing is for sure. He felt comfortable with Hyukjae.

“So where are we going again?” Hyukjae asked casually again. Donghae realized he never really answered Hyukjae when he asked it the first time round.

“There is this nice and quiet café but its quite a distance. I wanted to bring us to Han River but since its raining I guess we can’t do that.”

“Why not? Don’t you love watching the rain?” Hyukjae accidentally blurted.

Donghae turned his head to Hyukjae with his eyes wide. “How did you know that?!”

“Errr….wild guess?”

Donghae scoffed. “Yeah right? You are not my secret stalker fan are you?”

“What?! Hahahaa!” Hyukjae burst. That was hilarious. “Hmmm….let me see. If I say yes, will you chase me out of your car?”

“Haha! Its ok. I think I appreciate stalker fans who can provide me coffee every day. Don’t worry, I won’t chase you out of my car.”

“Ok great. Now I feel responsible for your daily caffeine intake.” Hyukjae pouted.

His laughter is so adorable.

“Well too bad then.” Donghae uttered, still trying not to laugh.

That gummy smile is so…………………pretty.

“We are here! Let’s go! I am starving!” Donghae announced upon reaching the place. He hurriedly parked his car, not feeling bothered that it was slightly slanted. The other drivers are bound to curse the way he parked the car but Donghae couldn’t care less.

The café had a nice ambience and it was not crowded at all. Perhaps its remote location did not really attract patrons without their own vehicles but one thing is for sure, Donghae was a regular here. This was where he used ‘hide out’ whenever he felt he needed to be alone. The owners of the café know him too well. In fact, the staffs even knew what Donghae was going to order before he even opened his mouth.

Having Hyukjae as company for dinner made Donghae so much happier. He was the first person he brought to this quiet café. He was quite protective of this place, not wanting too many people to know about it because he does not want the public or even his celebrity friends to know about this place. His hyungs, especially Heechul and Kangin were too noisy and he was pretty sure their presence would disrupt the peaceful nature of the place.

“Oppa, you brought a friend here? It’s the first time! Is he a celebrity too?” Amber asked from behind the counter. Amber has been working in the café for as long as Donghae could remember. Whenever he visited the café, Amber was always there too, and so it became a norm to serve him. It turned out that Amber was on permanent night shift. She was not a worker there, Donghae found out that her family actually owned the café and she was just helping out in the café at night once she is finished with her classes in the university in the day.

“Oh? Do I look like a celebrity?” Hyukjae asked Amber, not able to hide wide grin.

“Hyukjae, this is Amber. Her family owns the café and sometimes she asks annoying questions.” Donghae answered reluctantly.

“Hey! Not a celebrity huh, I thought you were….Donghae oppa is loner and he doesn’t have many friends outside of entertainment world.” Amber giggled.

“What? Amber, that is not true!”

“It is! I am your only non-celebrity friend.”

“You mean you are an annoying friend.”

“Whatever man.” Amber turned to Hyukjae who was covering his mouth trying to hide his laughter from watching these two squabble. “Good luck man, he is whiny. You may need ear plugs.”

“Don’t listen to her Hyuk.” Donghae quickly grabbed Hyukjae’s arm and dragged him away from the counter. “Hurry up and serve the food, I am starving!” he yelled.

“Ok! Ok!” Amber looked at Hyukjae who was being dragged away and mouthed “See?” earning another breath of laughter from Hyukjae.

Donghae was still pulling Hyukjae by the arm. He was leading him to a table at the far end corner of the café. The table was nicely situated in a corner, allowing much privacy for patrons even though the café was not even crowded to begin with.

“Really nice place.”  Hyukjae uttered as soon as he sat down. The dimly lighted place creates a calm atmosphere. There  was a stalk of fresh rose on each table and because of the this, the whole café has a nice flowery scent. It was a perfect place to chill and relax. Hyukjae wondered why he never knew about this place. Could this be the place Donghae often visit whenever he went out alone? In the previous reality, Donghae has been leaving the dorm alone a few times whenever they were free. He was puzzled why Donghae did not ask him along.

“Its my favourite hang out place.” Donghae answered.

“You often come here?”

“Yup. Whenever I have free time and need some inspiration. I know the café owners and they are close to me like family. Plus, the park is pretty near and I usually take a walk there by myself before heading home” Donghae uttered. He carefully placed the mobile phone on the table face Hyukjae.

They were sitting opposite each other and sharing a table.

“Even Amber?”

“Haha yes! We may be seen squabbling most of the time but I treat her like a sister. We are pretty close and her parents think we kinda looked like each other so they made me their godson.”

“So!!Do you think I look like a celebrity too?” Hyukjae was curious. Well, he IS a celebrity, in that reality. Even though he is not really known for his looks, he still thought he was pretty decent looking for a celebrity.

Donghae burst out laughing. The things about Donghae is, each time he laughs, he reveals his front teeth that are neatly lined and anyone seeing this laughter on his face will not be able to resist the cuteness of his laughter. There was something so sincere and pure about his laughter.

Its almost impossible not to fall in love with his laughter.

“Hahahaha! No way. You don’t look like a celebrity at all!”

Hyukjae pouted and shot a hurtful look. “I am not good looking enough right? I know.”

Donghae immediately stopped laughing. He saw how Hyukjae was looking down and fidgeting with his fingers.

What just happened?

Donghae stretched out his hands across the table and cupped Hyukjae’s face. “Hyukjae. Look at me.”

Hyukjae was surprised at the sudden touch on his cheeks. He looked up and his gaze fell onto Donghae’s concerned eyes.

“You look better than any celebrity. These single eye lids and the lines around it whenever you laugh, are the prettiest. Don’t ever say that you are not good looking. Understand?”

Hyukjae was too shocked by the words and Donghae’s authoritative mannerism and he obediently nodded.

Donghae smiled warmly and brought his hands down from Hyukjae’s face. “Good. Anyway, most of the celebrities went through plastic surgery so those are not their real looks anyway.”

“Really?”

“Yup. I really don’t think its right though. I think we are born with the faces that God gave us. Why modify it?” Donghae answered. This topic often frustrates him.

“Easy for you to say. You are born good looking.” Hyukjae murmured.

“You too!”

“So which part of me is handsome?” Hyukjae asked. He was still not convinced by Donghae’s words. Knowing his kind nature, probably said it to make him feel better. It may not be the truth.

Donghae squinted his eyes and trace his fingers along Hyukjae’s jawline. He smiled. “These jawlines are real right? Its so defined that I am jealous.”

“Really? What else?” Hyukjae chuckled.

I love your attention on me.

“These lips……” Donghae lifted his arms from the table and lightly touched Hyukjae’s plump lips with his fingers. “Its so full and pretty….” He uttered and kept his eyes on the lips. His fascination in Hyukjae’s lips was starting to scare Hyukjae.

Time seemed to stand still as Hyukjae froze as soon as Donhae’s fingers touched his lips.

“Ehem!” a cough was heard. It snapped both Hyukjae and Donghae back to reality and Donghae quickly retracted his hands from Hyukjae’s lips, feeling embarrassed.

“Am I interrupting anything?”  Amber asked. Her hands were full with their tray of food and drinks.

“No no…….nothing. Please place the food here.” Donghae instructed, avoiding any eye contact with both Amber and Hyukjae.

Amber eyed both of them, trying to get any kind of clues about their relationship. She thought they were just friends but the scene she just saw was not ‘friends like’ at all.

“Everything ok?” Amber turned to Hyukjae since Donghae was still avoiding eye contact. His cheeks were starting to look pinkish.

“Yes. This is a really nice place. I can see why Donghae often stops by here.” Hyukjae smiled.

Amber nodded and smiled. “He is just here to bully me. But I still love him like a brother. “Amber patted Donghae shoulders. “Let me know if you need anything else.” Amber turned to Hyukjae and gave him the brightest smile.

“Will do. Thanks Amber.” Hyukjae thanked.

Amber stepped back and made her way back to the counter. As soon as Amber was far and Hyukjae was sure she will not be able to hear them at the table he smacked Donghae’s head lightly.

“Yah! What’s that?! She might get the wrong idea about us?” Hyukjae scolded Donghae. He only meant well. Donghae was after all, a celebrity and celebrities are susceptible to gossips. 

“You started it. I was simply making a point.” Donghae pouted. “Forget it. Let’s eat, I am starving.”

Hyukjae could not agree more. “Oh? There are no utensils?”

“Aish! This Amber must have forgotten it!” Donghae grumbled.

“I will go get it from the counter if not you two will end up squabbling again.” Hukjae stood up, turned around from the table and started to walk towards the counter.

Something caught his eye.

Movement.

A girl. With a camera pointing in his direction. Sitting near the entrance of the café.

Hyukjae started to panic.

A girl with a camera? What if it’s a fan? What is it’s the tabloid? What if it’s the press? What did they capture? Donghae’s reputation….oh.

Without hesitation, he was about to run and stop her but he was too late. The minute Hyukjae saw her, in a split second, she exited the café.

It was too late. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the cliffhanger again! Please wait patiently for next update!! I only proofread this once sleepily....hope not too many errors!

I read all your comments and thank you for always being so nice!! Please keep them coming they really urge me to update more often. :)

I am on twitter if you wanna add me, so you can rush me a bit when I am procrasinating. Lol. Only ELF can follow. Username: noi_rocker