Our little secret

Mirrors

Eunhyuk spent the entire time in the plane sleeping. Actually he closed his eyes pretending to sleep, so that Donghae would stop talking to him. Donghae is close to everyone in the group but to Eunhyuk, Donghae was almost like family.

Even with his eyes closed, he could feel Donghae’s intense stare. He knew that Donghae was worried but he really wished Donghae would be distracted by something outside the window right about now. He felt someone patting his head and running his fingers through his hair, somehow adjusting his long fringe.

“Its ok Hyukkie, I know you do not want to talk now. You can talk to me anytime you feel comfortable. Even if its 3 am in the morning, I will still listen to you.  For now you rest ok.”

That deep and warm voice always somehow managed to calm him down. With is eyes remained closed, he smiled, thankful that Donghae understood that he needed the quiet time now.

“Aish! How the heck do I check all the mentions on Instagram? So many of them, Donghae ah, how does this thing work?” Heechul grumbled. He was busy on his phone, as usual. Since he was discharged from the army, Instagram was the only thing he had to communicate with the fans. He deleted his twitter thus he had no platform to communicate with the fans. Donghae, who was already on Instagram, suggested he create an account and there he was still trying to figure out how it works.

“You can’t. Hyung, there are thousands of mentions; you can go through them when you are free.” Donghae chuckled at the man next to him. Heechul may seem like he is crazy to most people, but to Donghae, he is the most kind hearted hyung. He can always rely on Heechul whenever he needs advice; he always managed to give Donghae the advice he needs.

“Eunhyuk is sleeping?” Heechul asked.

Donghae nodded.

“Give him a few hours before you go talk to him ok?” Heechul suggested.

“I will. Thanks hyung.” Donghae muttered.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Eunhyuk sshi!! Eunhyuk sshi!” Siwon yelled. They had just landed and were in the midst of getting their passport stamped.

“Shhh….you are attracting all the attention!” Kangin scolded.

“What is it?” Eunhyuk asked sleepily. He did fell asleep on the plane and have yet to fully wake up.

“Have you checked your twitter?” Siwon asked again.

“No. Not yet? Why?”

“I think someone hacked your account. He is posting photos of an unknown girl!” Siwon started to sound panic.

“What?!” Eunhyuk exclaimed. He quickly took out his phone from his pocket, switched it on and went straight into his twitter account to check. True enough, someone had been posting photos of a girl, using his account. There was not just one tweet, there were a few tweets!

All the members nearby started to take out their phones too. They were all shocked by what they see on their twitter as well. Photos of the girl were online and it was spreading like wildfire through his account. What was worst was that it has been retweeted many times too by netizens.

Sungmin covered his mouth, “Omo, what is this?!”

“Who dared to do this?!” Heechul exclaimed, outraged that someone is doing this on purpose.

“I swear I will teach a lesson to the person who did this!” Kangin clenched his fist.

“Hyukkie, try and delete the tweets.” Donghae suggested. Everyone was fuming mad but Donghae was more concerned about Eunhyuk. He was already upset and this dreadful incident is bound to make him feel even more depressed.

“I am trying! There are just so many of them!” Eunhyuk was furiously on his phone. “Aish! Why did this happen to me?!”

“Stay calm, we will find out who did this soon.” Shingdong comforted.

“Hyung, the hacker even apologized for using your account! What kind of nonsense is this? Saying sorry and then doing harm to others!” Ryeowook was equally disgusted.

“Do you know the girl, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked.

“No! I have no idea who is this! And who would want to do this!” Eunhyuk exclaimed in anger. The commotion was starting to grab the attention of passer bys.

“Our ELFs know its not you. They are trying to stop the netizens from retweeting!” Siwon announced.

“Yes, but still, the damaged had already been done, especially to this unknown girl.” Sungmin added.

“Delete the tweets first and we will deal with this at home. We should not be discussing this here in public.” Heechul instructed.

“Ok done.” Eunhyuk answered.

“Calm down everyone. I have already reported to the company, they are aware of this. We will get to the bottom of this soon.” Manager Jung Hoon announced.

Donghae leaned closer to Eunhyuk stared into his eyes. “Hyukkie, don’t worry, we have your back. I am here for you.”

Eunhyuk smiled weakly. “Thanks Hae Hae.”

“Everyone, keep a straight face and pretend you know nothing.” Kangin instructed before they start to walk out to the swarm of fans armed with their cameras.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As soon as they reached their dorm, Eunhyuk headed straight to his room and shut the door. He wanted to be away from everyone. He knows that they are concerned about him but he just needed to be alone now.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin sat in the living room, staring at each other. Both knew that Eunhyuk was upset but neither knows what to do. They sighed silently, as they unpacked their luggage in their rooms.

Since Yesung moved out of the dorm a few months ago, the dorm seemed extra quiet. Its not that Yesung was noisy, its just that one less person staying in the dorm makes a huge difference. With Yesung out of the dorm, they each have their own rooms, and privacy.

“You think he is going to be ok?” Sungmin asked out of the blue. They both happened to be in the kitchen at the same time, trying to grab a drink from the fridge.

“I am sure he will. He is such a strong guy, emotionally, why else would he be our current leader?” Kyuhyun added.

Donghae nodded. Kyuhyun may be the youngest in the dorm but his intelligence was not new. “You are right. If we had decided leadership by age, then I would have been the leader while Leeteuk hyung is gone.”

Kyuhyun opened the fridge and scanned the content of the fridge. He was about to grab a can of soda when another pair of hands grabbed it first, a few seconds faster than his hand.

“Sorry. Did you want this?” Sungmin asked. He wondered why Kyuhyun was taking so long to decide on a drink.

“Yes! Aish, its ok, I will take a different one. We really have the same taste, that’s why we are called kyumin couple.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Please don’t tell me you have been reading fan fictions again.”

“Well, why not! Its fun to read.” Kyuhyun argued.

“That’s because you are always the ‘man’. Why am I the ‘girl’? I am manlier than you!” Sungmin pouted and headed to the dining table to sit down.

“Yes, you are definitely manlier with that pout.” Kyuhyun answered sarcastically.

“No fair!” Sungmin yelled, still pouting unhappily.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Aish, ok ok, sorry hyung, ok ok you are manlier. Don’t blame me! I did not write the fan fictions! It’s the ELFs! Blame them!”

“Did you read the rated ones too about us?” Sungmin demanded.

“Err….no?”

“Liar!”

“Come on, try reading them, our ELFs are talented. They have fan fictions in different languages, you will enjoy reading them. They always write you as a cute boy, full of love.” Kyuhyun persuaded.

“No. Your mind will be corrupted if you continue reading them Kyu.” Sungmin fumed.

“Aish, hyung, our whole group and fandom were already corrupted long ago, thanks to Heechul hyung. Blame him!”

“I am not talking to you.”

“Hyungs! What is going on? I can hear you two from outside.” It was Donghae who had just entered the apartment.  Their argument abruptly stopped.

“Donghae hyung? Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be resting?” Kyuhyun asked. He sat down on the chair and opened up a brand new packet of potato chips.

“You are here talk to Eunhyukkie?” Sungmin asked concerned.

Donghae nodded. “Is he in the room?”

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin nodded in unison.

Donghae let out a small sigh. “I hope he is ok, he was already upset even before his twitter was hacked.”

“Really?” Sungmin asked.

“Yup, I am worried about him. He usually talks a lot but lately he has just been really quiet. He has also been locking himself up in the room more often.” Donghae continued.

“Are you sure he is not angry with you?” Kyuhyun continued to stuff the potato chips into his mouth.

“Me? Of course not. He said he was just tired but I can sense that something was wrong. He refused to tell me.” Donghae whined.

“Give him time.” Sungmin added.

“I will speak to him now.” Donghae announced and walked out of the kitchen before Kyuhyun and Sungmin could respond.

“You know, you should really stop eating all these junk food. Its not healthy and look at you, you have gained weight.”

With his mouth busy chewing the chips, Kyuhyun mumbled, “I am not revealing my body to ELFs, I can’t build up my body anyway so I might as well enjoy the junk food, unlike you guys.”

Sungmin sighed loudly. “Aish…up to you! I am not going to bother about you!” Sungmin stood up and went into his room.

“I love you Sungminnie hyung.” Kyuhyun yelled from the kitchen.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Knock knock.

“Hyukkie?” Donghae peeped into the room and just as he expected, Eunhyuk was lying down on the bed.

“Hyukkie are you asleep?” Donghae whispered as he quietly walked into the room and closed the door.

“Come in Hae.”

Donghae was startled. He thought he would be turned away, he already told himself that if his best friend wanted to be alone, he would head back to his dorm immediately.

Donghae sat on the bed next to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk was lying down and starring at the ceiling above him, with his hands resting behind his head.

“How bad is it? Do people actually think it was me who post those photos?” Eunhyuk asked suddenly.

Donghae made himself comfortable and lay down next to him. “No.”

“Don’t lie, there are people who thought it was me right? They must really think I am a ert or something.”

Donghae sat up and shook Eunhyuk shoulders. “No! The fans knew it was not you. The members knew it was not you and the company knew it was not you, everyone knew! The small percentage of people who thought it was you are not our fans, they are haters, don’t bother about what they think!”

“I know.” Eunhyuk answered coldly. “I am thankful for that.”

“So what is the problem, Hyukkie, tell me so I can help you.”

“You can’t help me.”

“Try me.” Donghae demanded.

“Fine.” Eunhyuk sat up and face Donghae. They were both sitting cross legged facing each other. This was a norm. Each time they needed to have a heart to heart talk, they would be in Eunhyuk’s room, sitting on the bed with pillows on their laps. Donghae’s room was deemed unsuitable for such intimate conversations because Heechul was constantly noisy whenever he is playing computer games and Ryeowook would keep wanting to feed them non-stop.

“Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be normal? I was watching this variety show on tv the other day and they were filming about the shops in Myeongdong. There were so many people shopping there and so many shops! That was when I realized that we have not been to Myeongdong for years.”

“So?” Donghae frowned, unsure of what was Eunhyuk’s point.

“So!! We are native Koreans, yet we have not been out here in Seoul to shop!”  Eunhyuk threw his hands in the air.

“But Hyukkie, you always shopped online.”

“That is not the point! What if I want to walk around and shop? What if I want to date a girl and bring her out? Can I even do that like ever?”

Donghae stared at Eunhyuk blankly. “You want to date a girl?”

Eunhyuk sighed loudly. “No, you idiot. I mean, the experience of being normal! We will never have it again! Its like we are trapped to live in this kind of life forever!”

“Look, aren’t you being dramatic? Look on the bright side. We are well known, ELFs loves us, the money is good, our families are better off, we enjoy what we do on stage…its like a dream life. Don’t you always want to shine on stage with your dance?”

“Of course I enjoy my dance, its just that, after 7 years of doing this, I am not sure if I want to continue doing this.” Eunhyuk muttered weakly.

“What are you saying Hyukkie? You wanna quit? Are you kidding? We are in the midst of preparing for our Japanese album!” Donghae was starting to sound angry.

“I know. Sorry, I think I just need a break. The concerts, the recording, the fan signs….. the schedule is too packed. I don’t even have the time to visit my mom who just injured her leg. I am horrible son.” Eunhyuk confided.

Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk’s hands. “We will visit your mum together tomorrow ok? Meanwhile, if you need short break from recording, we can always ask the manager hyung tomorrow too. I want you to be happy, remember this duet album means a lot of us?”

Eunhyuk nodded and smiled. He was too embarrassed to look at Donghae anymore. He had been nothing but cranky but Donghae had stood by him, fully supporting him and showering him with comforting words.

“It means a lot of to me too. Thank you for always being here. “ Eunhyuk whispered. “The members are all still unaware right?”

Donghae smiled warmly. “Yup, they still think we do it because of fan service.”

“They do, don’t they?” Eunhyuk added.

“Our little secret.” Donghae smiled.  

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes! Finally an update! I wanted to update earlier but I was sooo busy....sobs...can I not be a responsible adult and not go to work? Haha. Anyway, sorry if the first few chapters seemed dark. My normal style is fluffy and funny like in previous fics but it will gradually move into that soon, in later chapters. 

Another reminder, this is fiction. I did not stalk them or peep on them. Hahahaha....do let me know your feedbacks!!!! Till next update!! <3