Her Lucky Day

The Secret Admirer

 

The sun shined through curtains. Alarm went off, making SooJung groan in displeasure. She got up few minutes later, making her way to the bathroom. Around half an hour later, she was ready to head out to town. She will meet Jinri for breakfast in café near their campus. As SooJung was locking the door of her apartment, she heard something hard drop behind her and a low voice curse under its breath. She turned her head to the right, only to see a young tall blonde man standing a few meters from her. ‘So handsome…” SooJung thought, inspecting his whole body. He had big honey-brown orbs and full plump lips. His face was really adorable; he looked just like a girl. Normally, SooJung didn’t like boys dying their hair, but this boy made it look really acceptable. He had blonde, more like yellow-reddish hair that was pulled back, making him look more y than cute. He also had quite a muscular stature, his fine abs showing a little bit from his white t-shirt. She was gawking at him really obviously, when she saw him biting his finger in frustration and eyeing his box on the ground. When he felt her stare, he quickly locked his stare with her. She instantly blushed madly after getting couth staring and averted her gaze away to her keys. 'With those looks, he should be used to people hungrily eyeing him from head to toe.' She put her keys to her bag and was about to turn to elevator, when the boy interupted her.

“Krystal! That’s where you live!” Right the second the boy came running to her, she looked at him with wide from shock eyes. The next thing that came made her freeze. The boy was now hugging her, burying his head on her bare neck in her long dark straight hair. She tried to get him off of her, but his grip was too strong. ‘I should go gym more often’ she reasoned.

“Um… Could you stop it?” SooJung asked the boy. He then finally let her go, stepping back a bit. He started to pout cutely.

“You don’t remember me, do you, Krystal?” He looked at the ground. He made her feel guilty and she wanted to assure she remembers him, but she couldn’t. ‘Who the hell is he? His accent sounds foreign too. She mentally smacked herself. How much he changed!

“Luhan! Of course I remember you!” She opened her arms, inviting him for another hug, which he gladly accepted.

“I look better now, don’t I?” he smiled widely, showing his pearly white teeth. “A big change from that chubby short kid with brasses to me now, right SooJung? I guess you hungrily staring at me earlier just prove me right.” With that, he crossed his arms on his chest and smirked. His statement made SooJung blush deep red again. She was couth staring not by any hot guy, but the one she actually knew from her childhood.

“When did you come to South Korea? I thought your family business was going really well in USA?” She also crossed her arms, making her cleavage show a bit. Luhan put his hands in his pockets, looking at the wall on his right. “Or, by any chance, you couldn’t forget me, your first love, so after all those years you came to court me?” She joked, while trying to maintain her act as formed a ‘o’ shape. His eyes instantly met hers, while he started chuckling.

“Sorry to break it to you, but that’s not the reason I’m here, Krystal” He pushed one loose strand of her hair behind her left ear, making her couth awkwardly. He liked her reaction so he smirked once again. She noted the way he said her name sounded very seductively. ‘Gosh, he changed a LOT.’ She wanted to wand herself. But instead she turned around.

“It looks like you’re busy with things.” She said with her head turned just slightly to him. “I also have to meet my friend right now. We definitely have to catch up on memories. Since you know where I live, maybe come over sometime? You have to tell me everything. Starting from why you are outside my apartment right now.”

“You’ll be seeing me around a lot from now on. Starting today I’m living upstairs, in the penthouse. I guess I’ll try to come over sometime this week. Look forward on seeing me!” He grabbed his box from the ground and winked at her.

“I will.” She walked out of his sight.

 

*

 

“You called him WHAT?” Jinri shrieked in laughter in her seat in front of SooJung.

“Dolly. My sister came up with that name the summer we met. At that time he looked far from a doll, he was quite fat and had brasses on. But look at him now, all grown up and so… gorgeous.” SooJung sighted dreamily and rested her head on her hands.

“Remember you don’t look for another boyfriend, SooJung.” Jinri instantly reminded her friend.

“But he looks so damn good… And do you really think it’s a coincidence we met? He also said something along the lines of ‘you really live here’ so I think he knew precisely where I’m at.” She sulked in her seat, slightly pouting.

“Not this again!” Jinri threw her arms in the air for better show of what she felt.

“Okay, okay. I should seriously become an actress.” SooJung started giggling. “I would never think of him like that, Sulli.” For better impact she used the name she liked to call Jinri by in the high school. “All those years together in USA made us like siblings. While it’s true that we haven’t seen each other for almost twelve years, I think of him as a brother only. But I hate to admit- his looks made me gawk at him. Such an eyes-candy…” She chuckled when she saw Sulli’s expression on her last words. “I’ll make you two meet up someday. You’ll know what I’m talking about when you see him. Maybe he’ll even make your opinion about love change.” SooJung winked at Sulli, while the latter just grimaced.

“Yeah right. Nobody will live to the day to see that happening.” Sulli commented. “Also, you never told me before that your true name was Krystal. Anything else I should know about?”

“Nothing else, besides my sister’s birth name being Jessica. And to make it clear, we didn’t change our names. When we came to Seoul, it was hard for others to pronounce it right, so our parents came up with alternative names. They still call us by our birth names. I’m actually quite surprised I never told you about it.” SooJung sipped her coffee.

“I think I like calling you Krystal more. It sounds exotic.” Jinri smiled.

 

*

 

By the time girls were done eating, they were already late for their lectures. As Jinri had no more lectures to attend to, she went to her photo shoot. ‘With her being so pretty, no wonder she works as a model since primary school’. Krystal had two more lectures, so she decided to wait on campus. Right now she sat on the grass instead of a bench near her, beneath a tall tree. She was all alone here, as all the students were in the buildings. SooJung opened her bad and retrieved a pen and a drawing notebook. She started humming a song and started to paint flowers in front of her. Midway to her drawing process, she heard a loud roar from an engine stopping near the campus gates. It was an expensive looking motorcycle. With one glance at it, SooJung cursed. She knew whose it was. The rider got up and took his helmet off. He ruffled his hair in a messy manner, making it more wildly. While SooJung didn’t like boys dyeing their hair, the raider was precisely the cause. Dyed hair screamed trouble to her. And this boy was the most dangerous here. She never met him before, but his reputation talked by itself. SooJung was not likely to believe in rumors, but the boy didn’t do anything to prove them wrong. Most of the students thought that he did drugs; that he likes to get into fights often. He was most known for his reputation with girls. He was known very well for treating girls like , only as one-night stands. Nevertheless, girls were silly enough to still throw themselves at him. But he had his standards too, sadly for most of the girls. He never had a girlfriend, one rumor says. It’s quite believable. He definitely doesn’t seem like a loving boyfriend type. SooJung then remembered one the girls with a huge crush on him. Many believed she, Yuri, might become his girlfriend, as she broke the record of the boy sleeping with only one girl for a whole week. At least, most students thought she was the only one for him that week, when somehow other boys got information about him being with a few older girls the same week. He didn’t even say otherwise when she asked him about it in front of everyone on campus. He just smiled and walked away, breaking Yuri’s hearth with every step he took. At least nobody that witnessed the hearth break made fun of her. As far as everyone knows, every girl that had their hearths crushed by that evil boy keeps their distance from him. Nobody could blame them. He was just too cruel. ‘Note to myself: keep distance from Kai.’ SooJung thought. She quietly cursed when he cough her staring at him. ‘Great, second time this day, just great.’ But she had to admit, it was hard not to stare. He had a body to kill for. His abs were clearly seen, with his shirt ed. Actually, his smug look on his face made SooJung question herself whether he smirked because she gawked at his body, or because he just came back from a make out session. She honestly didn’t want to know.

SooJung diverted her gaze from Kai to her painting. She continued on drawing. She was almost done, when she felt someone approaching her. “Please don’t be Kai, please don’t be Kai…” She prayed. But of course, as there were only the two of them, it was him.

“Why am I seeing an honor student skipping a lecture?” Kai smirked, towering in front of her, his shadow fully on her. He showed his backpack near her bag and sat beside her. Then he leaned closer to her and inspected her drawing. She felt uncomfortable for such proximity, but acted as it didn’t matter to her.

“What, am I not normal or something? I get tired too, you know.” ‘Did he imply that I’m a nerd?’ Krystal looked at him, feeling somehow hurt. Kai backed up; his smirk has been wiped off. He seemed to hesitate for a moment.

“How come you’re here alone?” he tried to change the subject a bit. ‘Right. Should have known. He’s interested only in popular girls.’ Krystal looked back at her painting. Deciding it’s really done, she turned another page. What should she draw now?

“If you’re asking me where Jinri is, then I have to disappoint you. She had some things o do.” Krystal answered. She knew how popular Jinri was. Jinri might also be called as the Queen of the campus. And with her admirers, it’s no surprise Kai might be interested to her. What Krystal said next, made her shiver in fear the second her words left out . “And by the way, if you even try on hitting on my friend, I’ll break your every bone, you . She deserves better treatment than you give to girls, jerk.” Only when she saw his face turn red with anger, she realized what she said. ‘Jung SooJung, you REALLY have a death wish!’ her back hit the tree when she tried to back up a little. She knew he was too dangerous to insult. He looked like he had a short temper, too. ‘Surely, he wouldn’t punch a girl, would he?’ She thought to herself. As she saw his fists clench really tightly, she also thought ‘! I really don’t know!’

After a few seconds that seemed like hours to Krystal, Kai finally cleared his head and couched. It seemed to ease Krystal a bit, as she sighted deeply. Then his face hardened once again as he looked straight in her eyes.

“What makes you think I’m such an ?” Kai said with a serious look. Only inside he was laughing. ‘Have I ever met someone both so feisty and so scarred at the same time?’ But he maintained his act. She seems easy to fool.

“Rumors. As much as I hate to admit it, you’re quite known for your… playboy ways.” ‘Smooth, Krystal. Try not to insult him anymore. Or you’re really going to get killed!’ She reasoned her own words. “And, why do you think I’m a honor student? I don’t think you know me.”

“Well, it’s kind of obvious. You don’t wear any make up or any even a little bit revealing clothes. Also, you’re here all alone.” He answered truthfully. This made her rage; her face turned deep red with anger. ‘It was his time to be scarred’, she thought. But he didn’t even flinch, to Krystal’s surprise. She should look like a tomato right now. She should get at least a little bit of a reaction from him. However, right now he seems more laid-back than ever.

“How about you draw me? I was drawn before. And you seem good at it.” Kai said. She instantly looked at a blank paper in her hands. ‘Oh, how wrong he is.” She remembered that one girl, Seohyun, who had a deep crush on Kai. That girl once painted his face, keeping the painting close to her anywhere she went to. It was by accident that Krystal came across Seohyun’s dirty little secret. It was the drawing lecture that both girls attended, when Krystal saw Seohyun painting someone familiar in her notebook. When Krystal asked if it was Kai, Seohyun panicked and told Krystal about her huge crush on him. The girls never talked about it again, but Krystal had to give it to Seohyun- she painted him beautifully. Almost as gorgeous as he truly was. But she would never tell anybody about Seohyun’s secret. Especially Kai, when his ego might boost up even more. ‘Not happening, she thought’.

And so, she stared at his face for a long time, and then started to draw. Kai adjusted himself on the grass, so that he wouldn’t move too much. He inspected every little detail on Krystal’s face, liking her focused look. She didn’t notice him staring, as she painted with a full focus on the paper in her hands.

 

*

 

“Kim Jongin! The principal has been waiting for you for an hour already! Get your sorry to his office right now!” Someone approached Krystal and Kai behind the tree they were under. The voice sounded really angry. Soon the owner of the voice came to their vision. Krystal’s mouth shaped ‘o’ form. It was Lee Taemin! The number one student at Seoul University, the only one making Krystal to be in second place. He always beats her in exams. He’s in second year here right now, so they haven’t met each other before as they never have any lessons together. He’s also majoring in business. He’s also the King of the campus. At least other students call him that. He’s the most popular guy around here, unexpectedly being really friendly and nice to everyone. He also helps principal of the university sometimes, so it’s not strange he was looking for Kai, the troublemaker. ‘Wait, is Kai’s true name is Kim Jongin then?’ Krystal was dumbfounded. Clearly nobody knew his name, so was she now the only person to know it? Of course, Taemin also knows it. It also came to her that it was strange and scary hearing Taemin shout. She always saw him as a role model. But when she looked at Kai, looking really pissed at Taemin, she couldn’t blame her role model. Nobody could stand Kai. Krystal then looked back at Taemin, who seemed to notice her just now. To her surprise, he didn’t smile at her. She always saw him from far, smiling and greeting students he didn’t even know. She expected him to be friendly to her just like he usually is to everyone. So when his frown even deepened, she felt really scarred. Was she really not normal, that she didn’t deserve some nice treating?

“ off, you bastard. Don’t you see I’m busy?” Kai pointed at Krystal’s painting which was only half-done. Krystal looked somewhere in the distance. She felt Taemin’s hard gaze on her and she shifted uncomfortably under it.

“You really bring out the worst of me. Go to the principal. QUICKLY!” Taemin narrowed his dark orbs on Kai. The latter only got up and went off to one of the buildings without giving Krystal or Taemin a second glance. Then he suddenly stopped and tilted his head to the sky.

“What’s your name, artist?” Kai clearly was referring to Krystal. As she was about to retort something along the lines of ‘you don’t need to know; we won’t meet again”, Taemin beat her to it.

“She’s Krystal Jung. The second best student around her. Now go.” Taemin waved at Kai dismissively what made Kai only grunt and walk off.” And that’s how Krystal was left here sitting dumbfounded, with Taemin now looking back at her.

“How do you know me?” She asked, her priceless expression made Taemin get his senses back and smile a little.

“You’re my only real rival here, so I have to know you.” He now smiled widely. ‘Geez, you scarred me earlier. But that beautiful smile of yours really makes it up…’ Krystal dreamed to herself. She never thought she would actually speak to him. For goodness sake, he was her role model! Not only his personality, but even his looks were great! She really thought he may look a prettier as a girl than her. Well, he was like a god to her. He was definitely most beautiful boy she had ever laid her eyes on. None of her past boyfriends came even near his level. Oh, how she just wished she could kiss those full plump lips of his… ‘SooJung! Get your together! She mentally smacked herself. She dreamed too much for her own goodness, sometimes. Only then she realized she’s been staring at him for quite some time, as his face had a questioning look on. She tried to remember what they were talking about. Oh yeah, he know her.

“I’m more than pleased to be called as a rival by you. Honestly, it really to always be beaten by you in scores. But how do you know my REAL name?” Krystal empathized the word ‘real’. He just smiled widely once again.

“Even after that show with Kai, you see to forget I help the principal a lot. I sometimes get access of some documents too, you know.” Krystal nodded in understanding. “Also, about what happened… Sorry about earlier. I have quite a bad temper. It also doesn’t help that most of the time I have to deal with Kai.” Krystal nodded again.

“I fully understand you. That’s okay. Kai means trouble.”

“I’m glad… you think the same way.” He offered her a hand when she had troubles of standing up. She gladly took it. “I actually thought you might be his new girl. It troubled me a lot.”

“So that’s why you looked so angry at me?” With that Krystal laughed; Taemin was then taken a back.

“Did I really look like that? I was just concerned, truly.” Taemin reasoned, making Krystal’s hearth flutter in satisfaction. “Our small rivalry is only fun thing right now in my life.” Krystal felt bad hearing his sad response.

“Don’t you have anything else that amuses you? You are really popular, have many friends and you look…” ‘. I shouldn’t have started.’ Krystal felt her cheeks burn. She guessed by Taemin’s amused expression that she probably looked like a tomato too.

“Look… like what? Go on.” He weared a huge smile.

“You know, I should probably get going.” Krystal quickly got her stuff in her bag and started walking away. “It was nice meeting you! Bye!” She bid her goodbyes and ran off. Taemin was left standing alone by the tree, chuckling quietly.

“Yeah, bye. And to think your next lecture starts in around eighteen minutes…” Taemin said mostly to himself quietly.

 

After she ran off, leaving Taemin alone, she found herself in the same café she was this morning with Jinri. ‘I guess I’ll be coming her often.’ She chuckled to herself. She sat there alone, sipping her favorite kind of coffee. ‘Today was exciting. I guess luck was with me today, too. First, I met Luhan, who turns out to be my new neighbor. Second, even if he’s a real trouble, I mew Kai and survived after a close call; I even got a chance to train my portrait painting skills. Third, I finally met Taemin and he’s even sweeter than I imagined. Today was probably one of the luckiest days in my life, ever.’

 

*

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

So guys... I wrote this chapter right after the first one with my phone, and I was more than angry when somehow it didn't save. So, I had to re-write it again.

Comments are always appreaciated!!!