New Goal

The Secret Admirer

 

It was a nice morning in Seoul. The forecast told that it's curently 23 celsius and the sun shined brightly, with no traces of change in weather in sign. With that, it was a beautiful spring indeed. Trees were blooming, grass was exceptionally green and flowers -oh, how many of them were there- were coloured in so many shades of yellow and red, nobody even thought of counting. As it was spring, the time to stop whatever you're doing and appreciate the nature, it was also a really stresfull time for young adults- the year of studying was almost over and a lot of tests and exams were on their way. If you asked any adult in South Korea which university is most stresfull, most of them would say Seoul University. This university is really prestigious, so it's hard to get in, but if you do- your future will be brighter then ever. At least, that's what Jung SooJung's parents have been telling her since she was born. She was born in a well-educated family, being the second child of a doctor and a lawyer. Her older sister by 3 years, SooYeon, last year graduated from Seoul University and now works a well payed job as a business woman and is a perfect example of what SooJung's parents say about the university. SooJung knows well that her sister wasn't that happy about fulfilling their parents wishes, but now is happier than ever. However that is not because her parents are proud of her, but because she accidentally met the love of her life at the university. Not that it's important to Jung family -at least to sisters- SooYeon met a really rich man, who fell so hard for her, that now they are married and she got her job easily because of her new family. Of course, SooJung doesn't believe her older sister got her job only because of the husband's family, because SooYeon is not only goddess-like beauty, but she also is really intelligent, as she graduated from Seoul University with best scores. SooJung adores her older sister, but isn't too happy with pressure she gets from her parents. They espect her to be second SooYeon, even if they haven't even once said it outloud. Nevertheless, Krystal was working hard since the high school and now, there she is- a first year student at Seoul University.

But if you wanted to know the true Krystal, not only one of the best students on campus, you should know a bit about her love life. As far as she admits it, her love life . She had too many crushes, too many heartbreaks to say it didn't change her personality since highschool. Now she is too desparate to find true love, too clingy to keep any boy near her. She hates those traits. She is determined to change herself. But, she still dreams a lot about a prince on a white horse. For the last month, which was April, she was happy with love. She had a boyfriend who seemed to tolerate her clinginess and seemed to like her enough to call it crush, or as she already assumed, love. It was today, the 4th of May, that Jung SooJung was running out of one of cafes of Seoul after her latest boyfriend. To be clear, after her now ex-boyfriend Myungsoo. This nice sunny day, he asked her to meet him in one cafe and broke up with her. As soon as he said the hearth-breaking words to SooJung, he went out, making her desperate and running out after him. As soon as she shouted to him, his last words broke her even more.

"Yah! Wait up, will you? Please don't do this to me! What did I do wrong? I can change whatever isn't right, just please, think about for a second time" SooJung began, as she finally grabbed Myungsoo's hands while crying. He pushed her hands from his away and looked back at her. He seemed debating with himself, as he was quiet for some time. SooJung wasn't crying that much anymore, holding her hands on her chest. He opened his mouth and said the cruelest words that had ever escaped his mouth.

"Keep a distance from me. I never imagined that I'll say it, but I think I made the biggest mistake in my life by dating you. This whole time we were together was like hell to me. Because of you, I never really had time for my friends nor my family. I am even quite sure you stalk me going home, I am more than sure you always secretly check my phone when I'm not around, few night ago I even had a nightmare about you kidnapping me and locking me in a cell, you being the only person I'll see for the rest of my life. Hosnestly, it scared the living out of me. I cannot take this anymore. If I won't end this today, tommorow I might turn crazy. I never imagined that you- that sweet pretty girl is actually such a crazy, clingy girl. I am sorry for saying this, but stay away from me. It's over." and with that Myungsoo turned away and started walking, as he left the now sulking on the ground SooJung, hearing her shouting. "Fu*k you , I'll never know how you got these thoughts about me, because I never did such things! Go to hell, you bastard!". As he was longer no seen, she got up, wiped off her tears, fixed her clothes and went off to the campus, where she hoped she would find her only friend, Jinri.

At the same time, Choi Jinri was in one of the auditoriums, making out with one guy she just met. She was that kind of girl which liked to play around with boys in her free time and was really popular among them. She was also really popular with girls because of her friendliness and out-going personality. Oh, she had a lot of friends. So many, there were moments when she forgot one's or other's names, having to keep a record somehow. But she had only one true friend. It was her best friend from highschool, Jung SooJung. As she hates to addmit it, but Choi Jinri always disliked her best friend's split personalities. She knew well how charming and dazzling her friend truly was, but there was also a bad part of SooJung she showed only to boys she chushed on. It was her need to know everything about a boy she's with and her quick assumtions about things. For example, right now SooJung is Myungsoo's girlfriend. Jinri has seen many times how small details made her friend think she found true love already, thinking her boy will be the one and that he already loves her dearly. Jinri could only guess hos many days will Myungsoo last before exploding. Jinri thought a lot about her friendship with SooJung. She noticed how SooJung changed during years of hearthbreaks, making her more desperate for love than ever. Jinri could never understand how SooJung keeps her status as a top student with a head like that. If she was like Jinri -cold hearted to boys, not believing in love- everything would be so much easier. Silly SooJung. The way her dear friend is behaving right now, made Jinri keep her distance from SooJung, making Jinri almost hate herself for it. It was quite a long time they spoke to each other, but Jinri knowing that SooJung didn't have any friends beside her, made Jinri feel guilty. As soon as guilt came over her for te n-th time, she stopped kissing the stranger boy and got up, bid her goodbyes to the dumbfounded him and started running out to campus. She decided- she will once and for all say everything she thinks and hopes to get her old friend back. She will get their friendship the way it was in highschool, no matter what.

SooJung was looking for Jinri all over campus, now stopping beside a tree to catch her breath. Deciding that she shouldn't cry in front of so many students (it was around 2pm, so a lot of students were outside), she just started thinking about whether Myungsoo was right or not. Well, she didn't stalk him nor checked his phone, but she really was too clingy for her own goodness. But she never thought it would grow to this level. What the hell, her now ex-boyfriend even dreamt a scary dream about her, that must surely mean something, right? As she was just about to give up on holding her tears, Jinri came out of one of the auditoriums, looking for something. When their eyes locked, both of the girls started running towards each other, hugging when they met. SooJung couldn't hold the tears as she said "He left me..." Jinri didn't say anything but hold her friend, that way giving her own kind of support. With SooJung agreeing, both girls went to sit on one of the benches furthest away from other students. Then SooJung told what happened between her and Myungsoo. Jinri only nodded from time to time, secretly thinking how right he was for saying those things, however, still thinking whether she should kill him for hurting her friend or not. Maybe some beating from her admirers would be enough. Both of the girls were glad Myungsoo is going to graduate soon so the girls won't have to see him anymore. Still, Jinri was more than sure that there will be another heathbreak of SooJung soon, so Jinri got all her courage.

"I'm sorry for staying away from you for some time. But that is because cannot tolerate your need for love. You may not notice it yourself, but all those relationships had done nothing but bad for you. You are killing yourself. I'm dying because of you too. I can't see you like this anymore. If you don't get your sh*t together soon, I'm afraid the next thing that breaks is our friendship. I hate seeing you so heathbroken, please don't do this anymore, if not for me, then for yourself. I don't think you're that stupid to think any of those relationships were good or true enough. Don't lie to yourself. If you really believe in love, then I'm sure it will come to you someday, but just stop looking for it so desperatelly. It will come when the right time comes, just have patience. And please, never doubt yourself. You are the most beautiful, nicest and funniest person I know. Don't let those boys kill that side of you. Better, kill that clingy and desperate side yourself. I wish you happiness, SooJung." As soon as Jinri finnished, she got up, hugged still sitting SooJung and held out a hand- a sign that she will give all the sopport needed for her friend. SooJung took Jinri's hand and stood up.

"I couldn't dream for a better friend than you, Jinri. If you help me, I will work hard on changing myself and making our bond the same way as before. You really opened my eyes, as now I can see how pitiful I look. Thank you. I don't need any romance in my life for now, when I have my friend with me." SooJung hugged Jinri again. Both girls now were feeling better and so both started crying from joy of making up.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

HEY! Such a short chapter, I know P: I thought this would be a nice introduction of the story, with some new goals and friends making up. Just hope anyone is interested in reading what happens next :D Comments are more than welcomed!

Btw, about time here. Right now Krystal is almost ending her first year, and so the story will mostly be happening in her second year.