The Siblings

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

     The furious whistling of the kettle ricocheted off the tattered walls of the house as Sanghyun rushed down the stairs, taking two steps at a time. He hurried into the kitchen, and turned the stove off immediately.

     There was noise behind him.

     “Sorry.” Came her whisper.

     Sanghyun turned to see his sister standing at the kitchen doorway with a guilty look. She was supposed to watch over the boiling water, but she had gone back to her room.

     He raked his hair with a sigh and looked away as he loosened his school tie slightly. “Have you taken your medicine?” he asked as he turned back to the kettle. “Yeah.” Dara replied as she bit her lip nervously.

     As Sanghyun popped open the lid of the kettle, his eyes flickered to where a loaf of bread was lying on the kitchen table. It wasn’t opened.

     “You didn’t eat?” his voice was dangerously low as his hands stopped moving.

     Dara widened her eyes slightly as she shuffled her feet, “You’re staying back in school for the next few days’ right? You can have them all. I’ll just-”

     Sanghyun angrily closed the lid of the kettle and stormed towards the loaf of bread. He ripped the packaging open and grabbed a few slices of bread as Dara gulped in fear and shock.

     He turned and stormed towards her, holding the slices of bread towards her. “Eat them all.” It was a demand. A command.

     Dara shakily took the slices of bread. “I just wanted you to eat more.” She mumbled, “Is that wrong?”

     “Learn to take care of yourself first.” Sanghyun huffed and stormed past her. Dara was frozen in her spot as she listened to the furious steps of her brother as he went up the stairs.

     Then came the loud slam of his room door. Dara jumped slightly.

     She clutched the bread in her hand tightly as she lowered her gaze sadly.

     “What are you saying?” she mumbled as she tore some bread, “I am taking care of myself.”

 

 

     Jiyong walked into the classroom, humming a cheery song. He looked up, and stopped when he noticed the empty seat by the window. “Late, huh?” he muttered just as the bell rang.

     He sighed and headed over to the teacher’s desk as the class slowly softened down with their chattering. Guess she has to have detention today huh? He flipped open the attendance book, looked for her name, and marked her as late.

     “No wait.” He froze. What if she’s absent instead of late? He stood there, thinking for a while. “Aisht, whatever.” He mumbled, “I’ll leave it that she’s late for now.”

     There was a knock on the classroom door. The door opened, and Seunghyun stepped in smiling. “They’re here.” He said as he walked in and handed Jiyong two student portfolios.

     The girls swooned and flushed when Seunghyun casually looked around the classroom. “She’s late?” his voice dropped to a whisper.

     Jiyong glanced up from the portfolios. “I think so.” He shrugged, “Unless she’s absent.”

     Seunghyun nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets. “Okay. I’ll be going now. They’ll be outside until you call them in.”

     “Thanks, Seunghyun.”

     Seunghyun smiled and walked out of the classroom.

     “Mr. Kwon!” a male student called out, his eyes fixed on the two thin fil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter