Jiyong's house

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person’s POV

     Jiyong was sitting leisurely on his black leather sofa, a bowl of chips on his lap as he watched a documentary on the world’s weirdest sea creatures.

     He heard the bathroom door open, and shuffling of soft footsteps. He turned to see Dara standing behind the sofa, her hair wet and messy as she tugged uneasily at the hemline of the oversized long-sleeved shirt she was wearing accompanied by track pants that fit her well.

     “I wasn’t sure about the shirt but I’m glad the pants fit you well.” Jiyong smiled. Dara looked up and cocked a brow at him.  “Come on.” Jiyong said as he placed the bowl of chips down and got up, “Have a seat.”

     Dara walked over to the sofa without a word and sat down. Jiyong sighed helplessly as he pulled the towel around her neck off and moved to the back of the sofa.

     “Are you a kid?” he said as he began to dry her hair. Dara widened her eyes in shock and quickly pulled the towel down. She turned and stared at him. She clicked her tongue in annoyance.

     Jiyong scoffed in disbelief. He then noticed the scratch marks on her hand once again. “Wait a minute.” He muttered as he turned and walked away.

     Dara turned back to the television while drying her hair with the towel in one hand. She looked around the apartment. Damn, it’s fancy.

     Jiyong returned with a small first-aid kit. He sat down beside her, and she watched as he opened the box and pulled out some cream and some cotton buds.

     “Your hand.” He said, turning to her. Dara lifted her left hand. “You know which hand I want.” Jiyong said, staring at her seriously. Dara’s eyes flickered up to him. She lifted her right hand.

     Jiyong grabbed her hand gently and began dabbing the scratch marks with a cotton bud and some cream.

     “They won’t get an infection…” Dara whispered. Jiyong’s eyes flickered to her, amusement dancing in his eyes, “Finally. You speak.” Dara just blinked. Jiyong pursed his lips and shrugged, “Anti-scar cream. Girls don’t like having scars right?”

     Dara tensed up, and Jiyong looked at her. “Did I say something wrong?” he asked softly upon seeing her hollow stare. Dara shook her head slowly, “No…You’re right, girls don’t like scars…”

     Jiyong looked back at her hand and smiled faintly, “Done. It’ll take some time to heal. Don’t worry about it.” Unconsciously, he reached up and ruffled her hair lightly. “I’m not.” Dara just muttered.

     She was acting differently than how she usually acted to him. She didn’t know why, but she felt like she couldn’t possibly act mean to him when he was showing care for her.

     And also, because he made her feel something she had never felt before.

     Fatherly love.

     Jiyong glanced at Dara secretly as he packed the first-aid kit.

     He was being gentle and caring towards her today. Maybe it was because after seeing what happened with her father, he felt like he needed to give her extra care. He was just a teacher. But little actions like treating her wounds…they were okay, right?\

 

***

 

Jiyong’s POV

     “Thank you.” I smiled and closed the door. I turned and walked into the living

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter