The Siblings #2

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

     “Ehhhhh?!” the class burst in disbelief as they frowned at the teacher standing before them. The teacher nodded, “Yes, the exams are being brought forward.”

     “By two weeks?” a girl cried, “Wae?!”

     “It’s the principal’s decision. Because this year, the holidays are earlier, so the exams have to be earlier too.”

     The class groaned. “We’re gonna fail everything.” A boy muttered in frustration, “The exams are just a month away.”

     “Four weeks.” The teacher said, “Just study hard for these four weeks and you’ll do well.” The class groaned again. “It’s just four weeks, class. I’m sure all of you can do this.” The teacher said encouragingly.

     The class rolled their eyes and muttered incoherent words. Dara stared blankly towards the front of the class. With a soft sigh, she stretched her arms forward onto the table and rested her head on it.

     “Four weeks.” She muttered as her gaze lowered. She sighed. “Can I do this?”

 

 

     Lunch break came, and as usual, the students jumped out of their seats and rushed out happily while chattering with their friends. Dara got up calmly, slowly, even taking some time to silently push her chair in.

     “Dara!”

     Dara flinched at the voice obviously bubbling with happiness and excitement. She turned and watched as Chaerin walked over, her curls flowing like black silky waves behind her.

     She’s too bright. Way too bright.

     Dara unconsciously reached up and touched the dry ends of her blonde hair. She hadn’t had time recently to get any other hair products other than the usual shampoo.

     No. It wasn’t because she didn’t have time. It was because she couldn’t.

     Chaerin beamed and stopped before her, “Can we go for lunch with you?” “We?” Dara muttered with a raised brow. “With my brother too.” Chaerin smiled as Dara looked past her and at the boy sitting at his desk with headphones on and bobbing his head to whatever he was listening to.

     Chaerin scowled. “Yah! Oppa!” she snapped. Dara cocked her head. Chaerin smiled back at her, “He’s a few months older.”

     With that, she rushed to her brother’s side and pulled his headphones off. “Yah?!” Donghae exclaimed in distaste. “It’s lunch time!” Chaerin glared at him, “Get your up and let’s go eat!”

     “I’m not hungry.” Donghae replied coldly.

     Dara tensed. A wave of familiarity hit her. She had said those three words so many times.

     And they were all lies.

     “Come on!” Chaerin pulled his arm roughly, “Don’t make Dara wait!”

     Dara looked up at the mention of her name. Donghae raised a brow at her. “I don’t like her. She’s weird.” Was all he said as he snatched his headphones back.

     Dara’s jaw dropped. Weird?

     “Y-Yah!” Chaerin burst. She looked back at Dara apologetically, “Sorry. My brother’s a jerk.”

     “I’m not.” Donghae snapped. “Yes you are, jerk!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter