Black Bean Noodles

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

     Dara’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance as the other person in the empty classroom sighed loudly while drumming his fingers on the desk.

     She gripped her book tighter and pursed her lips.

     “Ahhhhhh~” Jiyong sighed as he started turning in circles in his swivel chair. “Can you stop?!” Dara slammed her book down and glared at him.

     Jiyong stopped and widened his eyes at her, “Huh?” “Those loud sighs and everything!” Dara burst, “It’s annoying!”

     Jiyong blinked, “A-Ah…sorry.” Dara huffed and picked her book up again. Jiyong covered his mouth and smiled secretly.

     She was cute when she was mad.

     “I’m hungry.” He mumbled as he clutched his stomach and glanced at his watch, “An hour to go…”

     “Didn’t you eat?”

     He looked up to see her peeking at him from above her book. “I was waiting for you during lunch break, remember?” He tried not to smile when her eyes darted downwards, obviously feeling guilty.

     “Ahhhh, I’m starving!” he whined loudly. He looked up at her again, then widened his eyes upon seeing her hand clutching her stomach.

     “Did you eat?” he sat up straight as she looked at him. “None of your business.” She mumbled as she quickly moved her hand away.

     Jiyong blinked, then frowned as he stood up. “Yah! Did you eat or not? You’re already so small-sized do you want to faint from starvation?”

     Dara diverted her eyes when he walked over to her. “I’m not hungry.” She stated simply.

     That’s when they heard a growl. Well, more than one actually.

     They turned and looked at each other. Dara widened her eyes and her cheeks flushed in embarrassment as Jiyong coughed awkwardly as he lightly patted his stomach.

     “We’re both hungry, huh?” he mumbled. “I’ll just grab some noodles later.” She mumbled. “Noodles?” Jiyong cocked his head.

     “Instant noodles.” Dara looked up at him and raised a brow, “You don’t know them?” Jiyong blinked, “Of course I know them! But…they’re not healthy you know…Why not get a proper meal?”

     Dara looked away and shrugged nonchalantly.

     Jiyong bit his lip lightly. Could it be…family problems? Financial problems? He widened his eyes, No! As a teacher…I can’t let my student starve!

     “C’mon. Get up.”

     Dara looked up at me. “What now?” she sighed tiredly. “Let’s go out and get some food.” Jiyong shrugged, “What would you like? Sandwich? Cake? I’ll treat you.”

     She cocked her brow, “Why? I can get instant noo-”

     “Those aren’t good for you.” Jiyong stared seriously at her, “I don’t want my student to starve like that.” She blinked and looked away, “There’s still an hour to go.”

     “I don’t want you to go home late either.” Jiyong folded his arms, “As a make-up, just write an essay on detention. 300 words.”

     Dara cocked her brow, “No.” “Yah! You’re going reject the offer of a free meal?” Jiyong pouted, “From your extremely kind, good-looking teacher?”

     Dara rolled her eyes. That’s when her stomach grumbled.

     Jiyong smirked, “I win.”

     Dara got up and grabbed her bag. “There was no competition to begin with.” She mumbled as she walked past him and out of the classroom.

     “Yaahhh! Wait for me!”

 

***

 

Jiyong’s POV

     I glanced at her for the fifth time in three minutes. She was staring out the window silently with a faraway look in her eyes.

     Was she thinking of something? Or simply staying quiet?

     I cleared my throat slightly and shifted a little in my seat.

     “Your car smells nice.” she spoke softly, as if not wanting to disturb the silence in the car. She didn’t t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter