On Time

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong’s POV

     “Do you want a ride home?”

     That’s right. Being the amazingly kind teacher I am, I offered my student a ride home.

     “No. Bye.”

     And she, being the stoic, blunt student she is, just rejected me coldly.

     “Yah! Wait!” I called after her as I frowned. She stopped, turned, and raised a brow at me. “Do you live around here?” I asked.

     If she lives nearby, that means she doesn’t need a lift right?

     She didn’t reply.

     I furrowed my brows, “How far is your home?”

     No reply.

     “Yah! Sandara Park!”

     “About an hour away.” She replied emotionlessly.

     I gasped softly, “By foot?”

     “By bus.”

     I stormed up to her and glared at her, “In my car. Now.” She raised a brow, “I just told you it takes an hour to get to my home.”

     “Which means it takes way more than an hour for you to walk back home!” I snapped, “I don’t want you home later than you already are going to be. Your parents might call and complain.”

     “Don’t worry.” She replied softly, “They won’t care.” I furrowed my brows at her tone. Is it just me or does the aura around her suddenly seem colder and heavier?

     “Please. Just.” I sighed, “Get in my car, Dara. I’m your teacher and you’re listening to me.”

     She glanced down at her watch, “Detention time is over. Now you’re just an old-”

     “YAH!” I burst and grabbed her arm, “I don’t care, I’m driving you home.”

 

 

     I’m…still driving?

     Dara wouldn’t tell me her address. She just told me the roads to take.

     She really meant it when she said her home was an hour away huh? Couldn’t she find a cram school nearer to home?

     If I’m not wrong, there’s a cram school not far from this area…just a fifteen minutes bus ride.

     “Why do you live so near the outskirts of town?” I asked casually, “Isn’t it inconvenient for you?”

     “I’m used to it.” She mumbled. “Just wondering but…are we reaching?” I tried to sound cool, and not like I was tired of driving.

     She turned to me, then sighed softly. She dug into her bag and pulled out a small red metal container.

     “What’s that?” I asked curiously as she opened the lid gently. She held out a small light pink tablet and held it in front of me.

     “It helps getting rid of fatigue.” She said blankly. I stared at it wide-eyed, then chuckled. “No thanks. I don’t want to be poisoned by my cold student.” I joked as I glanced at her.

     There was a flash of hurt in her eyes as her hand slowly moved down. “On second thought, I’ll take it.” I said quickly and grabbed the tablet from her.

     I popped it into my mouth as she stared at me. “Mmm, wow.” I murmured, “Peach.”

     “It’s poisoned.”

     Her cold voice sent shivers through me as I snapped my head towards her and gulped upon seeing her cold, serious brown orbs.

     She raised an eyebrow helplessly as a small smile spread on her lips, “Don’t tell me you really believed that, idiot.”

     My jaw dropped as my eyes widened, “I’m your teacher!”

     “You don’t act like one.” She mumbled as she popped a peach tablet into her own mouth.

 

***

 

Dara’s POV

     “Stop here.” I said blankly. “Huh?” came the confused response of the guy beside me. “Here.” I said again.

     He pulled up along the road and looked out at the semi-detached houses beside him. “Woah, a semi-detached house?” he nodded approvingly, “Nice.”

     “Mm.” I mumbled as he stared down the row of semi-detached houses. “Why were they even built here? They’re so near the outskirts of town…inconvenient much,” he pursed his lips.

     “It’s peaceful out here.” I said softly as I grabbed my bag and got out.

     I walked towards the pavement and turned to face him as he rolled down his window. “What?” I raised a brow.

     “I have to make sure you get in safely.” He narrowed his eyes, “Someone like you…wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter