Chase

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

     I tugged at my blazer and pressed my dry lips together as I felt cold wind rush past me. It was a cold day.

     Every day was a cold day.

     My thumbs hooked around the straps of my bag pack as I stared at the ground and watched as my left foot appeared, then my right foot, then my left foot again.

     I was basically watching my shoes as I walked.

     I blew some air out of my partially parted lips and pouted as a middle-aged man walked past me while eating delicious-looking ddeokbokki on a stick.

     I shuffled my feet as I neared the roadside stall which was selling ddeokbokki and ramen. I stuck my bottom lip out and started calculating mentally in my head.

     I brought my bag pack towards the front and pulled out my adorable bunny-shaped purse. It was the furry type, it was supposed to be white, but it had gotten dirty over the years.

     I pulled the zip open and peeked into it. I pouted again as I slowly raised my head to look at the stall. The ahjussi at the stall was staring at me innocently, and then, he smiled warmly.

     There was a slight tug at my lips as I slowly moved closer to the stall. “Would you like some ddeokbokki, Agassi?” the ahjussi flashed a huge gummy smile, “Or maybe some ramen?”

     I stared at the sticks of ddeokbokki and gulped as I felt my stomach grumble softly. Sanghyun loves ddeokbokki too. I should get two sticks, one for him, one for -

     I stopped and looked back into my purse. I furrowed my brows sadly. I’ll just get one for Sanghyun.

     “Ddeokbokki.” I said as I looked back up at the ahjussi, “One stick.” “Neh.” The ahjussi smiled as he went to the back of the stall.

     He handed me the ddeokbokki he had placed in a clear plastic bag and smiled as I handed him the coins. “Have a great day.” He smiled as I turned to walk away.

     I stopped, and looked back at him as he smiled gently at me. I stared at him with a soft gaze for a moment, my thoughts momentarily lost. And then, I smiled.

     “Have a great day too.” I whispered. With that, I turned and walked away.

     People like him…They unknowingly brighten up my day.

     I had only walked for about a minute, when I heard some noise coming from an alley between two old-looking buildings.

     “YAHHHH, YOU !!!!”

     “MWORAGO?!?! COME GET ME YOU FAT BASTARD!!”

     “M-MWOH?! FAT?! I’M MUSCULAR YOU !”

     “YEAH BECAUSE MUSCLES COME IN THE SHAPE OF THAT HUGE ROUND BELLY OF YOURS IDIOT!!”

     I stood wide-eyed hearing a man and a woman screaming curses in broad daylight. Screaming curses in an alley, that is.

     They say curiosity kills the cat. So I continued walking past the alley, but then, I heard the woman scream.

     “AHHHHHHH!! GET YOUR ING HANDS OF ME AND MY HAIR YOU MOTHERERS DO YOU KNOW LONG IT TOOK TO MAKE MY HAIR THIS SILKY DON’T MESS IT UP!!!!!!”

     I froze again. My body stiffened as I took quick, short breaths. Should I just ignore?

     “I HAVE A KNIFE YOU DUMB ! FOR A YOUNG GIRL LIKE YOU, YOU SURE HAVE A FOUL MOUTH!”

     My eyes widened in horror as I gasped sharply.  Young girl?!

     I backtracked a few steps quickly, and then, I turned and dashed towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter