Attack

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

     I stepped into the house quietly, and closed the door behind me. There was the thundering of footsteps, and Sanghyun appeared before me wide-eyed and frantic.

     He was panting. I cocked my head and furrowed my brows. “You okay?” I asked. He just stared at me wide-eyed. That’s when I noticed the difference in the house. The air was different.

     It was thick, heavily lined with the smell of cigarettes and alcohol.

     I widened my eyes and looked at Sanghyun in horror. He caught his breath and gulped, “I just got back. Nothing in the house seems to be touched.” He swallowed again, “Yet.”

     I blinked rapidly, my fists turning clammy. “Have you taken your medicine?” Sanghyun asked quickly. I shook my head lightly, “I brought them to school like you told me to…but I forgot.”

     “Hurry.” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the kitchen, “Take them now.” He reached to the top cupboards and quickly pulled out the nearest mug and started filling it with water. I dug my medicine box out from my bag and opened the first compartment.

     As Sanghyun placed the cup of water before me, I poured the pills onto my palm.

     The front door flew open. The stench of cigarettes and alcohol grew stronger immediately. “Are you two back yet?!” came a strong, slurred voice.

     A wave of fear hit me. My hand dropped onto the kitchen table, and the pills fell to the floor. Sanghyun turned to me in horror. “Noona.” He gasped softly.

      I raised my head and stared at him. Trembling, I parted my lips, “He’s back.”

 

***

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

     I stared at the small wooden house across the road from my car.

     “So she lied to me, huh?” I muttered. Well, if she was living in one of those semi-detached houses…she wouldn’t be having financial problems and having to skip meals right?

     I sighed and looked out the window, “Should I confront her?”

     Who are you running away from? Why did you lie to me?

     I clicked my tongue, “I bet she’ll stare at me coldly, then say that it’s none of my business.” I scoffed, “And afterwards she’ll slam the door in my face!”

     I sighed and rubbed my temples, “Aisht, I should be on my way home already!” I turned back to look at the house, “But she’s my student and it seems like she’s in some sort of danger…”

     I heaved a sigh and stretched my fingers. “Kwon Jiyong, you’re really such a caring person.” I patted my chest. I looked back at the house.

     “I’ll just find a chance in school to talk to her.” I shrugged. I inserted the key and started the car. As the engine roared to life, I took one last glance at the house.

     I turned away, but my head snapped back immediately afterwards.

     The door was opened, and Dara was stumbling out, looking frightened. I rolled down the window anxiously as a man came stumbling out of the house behind her with a cigarette in one hand and a beer bottle in another.

      Before the man reached out to grab Dara, a younger male ran out and pulled him back.

     “Noona, run!” he screamed. “Sanghyun!” Dara screamed back anxiously. “NOONA!!!” the younger male - whom Dara called Sanghyun - screamed as he threw his arms around the man who was swinging his beer bottle arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter