Cold

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

     There was the jingling of keys, and as the door creaked open, Dara stepped into the small wooden house. She slipped her shoes off at the entrance and walked further into the house.

     No one was around except for her. She clenched her jaw tightly as she blinked and stared up the stairs with a sad look.

     She hated this silence. The silence which proved that she was alone enclosed by the old tattered walls of the house.

     She felt suffocated.

     She headed to the stairs and trudged up to her room. She stopped upon seeing her room all neat and cleaned up.

     Her bed which was supposed to have its covers halfway off the bed was now neatly and perfectly laid on her bed. The clothes which were supposed to have been strewn all over the room were nowhere to be seen.

     She walked into the room, and dropped her bag halfway onto the ground as she headed to her wardrobe. She flung the doors open and stared at the clothes in it.

     She blinked, then slowly closed the creaking wooden doors. She turned and leaned back against the doors, her pressure making the doors squeak.

     Sanghyun had helped pack her room again.

     She walked over to her table as a gentle breeze entered the room through the window and brushed past her hair. She looked at the small photo frame standing on her table, her face impassive.

     It was of a young little girl smiling happily as she hugged a younger smiling boy from behind.

     Her eyes drifted to the slightly larger photo frame which was toppled over. The picture couldn’t be seen.

     She lifted her chin slightly as her fingers started to tremble. She clenched her fist and turned away.

     She walked towards her bed and flung herself onto it. She clutched the sheets and pulled her pillow towards her. With that, she closed her eyes.

 

 

     The room was partially dark with by the time she opened her eyes. She groaned softly as she pushed herself up from the bed. She sat up and stretched her arms as she looked at the window.

     “.” She muttered, “It’s already evening.”

     She turned her head towards her room door when she heard the front door of the house opening, followed by the same few familiar thuds of her brother’s shoes.

     She got off the bed and looked down at herself. She was still wearing her uniform. She clicked her tongue and rushed to her wardrobe. She pulled out a short-sleeved tee and a pair of shorts and began to change into it.

     After she was done, she rushed out her room, and slowed her steps down when going down the stairs.

     “You’re back.” She tried to sound casual, her voice was a little hoarse. Sanghyun looked up and raised a brow, “Took a nap?”

     Dara widened her eye slightly. Sanghyun just snickered, “Your voice. And your hair.”

     Dara ran her fingers through her hair as Sanghyun took off his jacket and flung it onto the couch. “I got your message today.” Dara began softly, “Why did you have to stay in school?”

     Sanghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter