New Teacher

Perfect Monde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

     She stared out the dirty, scratched glass of the window, her eyes empty with no emotions as an antique clock on her wall ticked softly – making it the only sound in the quiet room.

     Her bed was messed up, her clothes strewn everywhere. She sat on an old wooden chair, her hair messy, her body still.

     The door creaked open and a face which somewhat resembled hers peeked in. “Noona.” The guy called out emptily as his eyes scanned the room, then finally resting on the petite figure by the window, “Breakfast is ready. And please, before you leave your room, do clean it up.”

     He left, closing the door behind him as the girl turned to look at the door. Her eyes drifted around her room as her lips parted slowly, a soft sigh escaping.

     “Time to face a new day.” She whispered as she got up and headed to her dressing table. She picked up the hair brush on the table and started to comb her hair as she stared at herself through the mirror before her.

     Her slim, pale fingers twisted around her blonde strands playfully as she put the brush down and grabbed her bag.

     She headed to the door, and just as her hand touched the door handle, she turned and looked at the bed which had not been kept, and the clothes which she had strewn all over.

     “Forget it.” She murmured as she opened the door, “I’ll pack them when I get back.”

 

 

     In the staff room of a huge school which hallways walked no one, a middle-aged woman stood scanning through the papers on the clipboard she was holding as a young tall man stood before her with a cross bag.

     “So you are the teacher taking over me for the next few months?” the dark-haired woman smiled as she flipped the last page and looked up through her glasses at the young man before her.

     The young man glanced down at her huge stomach and smiled a warm, gummy smile, “Yes, I’m Kwon Jiyong. Please do relax and take care of yourself, leave everything to me.”

     The woman smiled, “Thank you, Mr. Kwon. Just call me Mrs. Gong. The class is starting soon, we should start moving now.”

     “Yes, of course.” Jiyong smiled as he straightened his shirt. “I do have to warn you though.” Mrs. Gong smiled knowingly, “Classes here are quite hard to handle…the kids here…”

     “I believe they’re no longer kids.” Jiyong smiled warmly, “They are already 18. Young adults I would call them. I believe I’ll be able to manage them.”

     Mrs. Gong looked at Jiyong from head to toe and chuckled softly, “You’re very young to be a teacher.”

     “I’m 22. I graduated early from a University abroad and managed to finish the teaching course earlier.” Jiyong smiled sheepishly as he ran his fingers through his pale-blonde hair.

     “But…sorry to say…your hair…” Mrs. Gong frowned.

     “Ah, I know this isn’t a very good example for the students but I’ve spoken to the Principal already. I know him pretty well and I’ve gotten his permission to keep this hair colour.”

     Mrs. Gong looked a little surprised, but she smiled and nodded as she picked her bag up, “Well then, let’s go.”

 

     They entered the classroom, and they weren’t really surprised to see the students all over the classroom; sitting on tables, throwing wads of paper, and some girls were putting on make-up.

     “Get back to your seats!” Mrs. Gong bellowed angrily. The students turned and threw a bored look at Mrs. Gong before slowly moving back to their desks. The girls perked up upon seeing the handsome young man behind the pregnant woman.

     Mrs. Gong walked in and shook her head helplessly as she stared off at the empty seat by the window. Jiyong raised a brow, wondering what type of student sat there.

     “Mrs. Gong!” a male student with messy spiky black hair yelled as he raised his hand, “Dara is late again! Is she having detention?”

     Jiyong saw Mrs. Gong glance back at the empty seat and sigh, “Well yes, she is late like usual so-”

     The classroom door swung open and everyone turned to look at the slim, petite blonde standing at the doorway in the school’s uniform. Her eyes stared blankly forward with no sign of any emotions.

     “You’re late, Dara. Again.” Mrs. Gong said, disappointment evident in her tone, “By ten minutes. Can’t you wake up a little earlier?”

     Dara looked away as she walked to her seat, the light taps of her shoes echoing in the silent classroom, “No. I’m afraid not.” As Dara settled down in her seat, Mrs. Gong sighed and looked up at Jiyong.

     “She’s Sandara Park. She used to be a really quiet girl with really lovely brown hair. She never broke any school rules! But two weeks ago, she came in with blonde layered hair and she has been late every day since then.” Mrs. Gong whispered as Jiyong eyed the blonde who was pulling out her pencil case from her bag.

     “Erm,” a girl with short maroon curls raised her hand as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter