Chapter Nineteen

The Weapon Master's Son
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The guards released all of Hansol’s friends, including Byungjoo’s father. They weren’t sure why they were obeying Hansol over his father, but didn’t question it. Hansol instructed the guards to take his father to a cell, and he would explain to the people what had really happened and they were to obey him as their future king, instead of his father. He also locked up his mother and his father’s advisor. They had all been in on the conspiracy to put his bastard brother on the throne instead of him. It would have played out exactly as he had suspected, if he hadn’t taken matters into his own hands.

 

After his father had been taken away and his friends released, Hansol stared at the Crimson Sword. It had caused so much pain and was a dishonest tool to use for control, but he didn’t regret using it. His father had tried to do the same thing, but in the end, the SWORD was the one that would make the final decision about who to obey. It clearly would not obey his father now, since he had bad intentions for the kingdom. The Crimson Sword knew this, being the sentient weapon that it was.

 

When his friends were brought in, Hansol greeted them warmly. “Thank you for helping me with the Crimson Sword. I’m sorry that my father betrayed us with it, trying to keep it for himself. That was his intention the entire time, and he was using us to re-activate it. Obviously he wouldn’t have spared any of our lives, since he would rather keep all of the power for himself. Now he will pay for it, and I will rule the kingdom. You will all be my advisors and close hands, since you have all shown yourselves worthy.”

 

Sehyuk stared at him, fidgeting. “So you trust me now, Prince?” His tone was somewhat condescending, and he looked nervous about the entire situation.

 

Hansol’s eyes softened when Sehyuk asked this question, and he offered an apologetic look. “Yes, Sehyuk-ah. I trust you with my life. I was wrong to not do so, in the past. I’m sorry for being so blind to what was really going on with the sword. It wasn’t you, and I should have trusted you.”

 

Sehyuk sighed, smiling gently. “We were all under stress, so I understand. I was just checking if I was going to be thrown in prison, too,” he bowed to Hansol. “Thank you, Prince Hansol.”

 

Hansol shook his head, waving his hand at him for bowing. “Sehyuk, as far as I’m concerned, you are my equal. Status only matters when I’m dealing with people who need to be under my control. That doesn’t include any of you. You are my friends, and not my subjects, just some you know. It would feel too weird to call you my subjects, when you all helped me to get where I am right now.”

 

Byungjoo considered his words for a moment, then nodded. “Yes, I can understand how it would be too weird for you, and for all of us. What’s your next move?”

 

Hansol sighed, shaking his head. “Well, I’ll have to prove to the people that I didn’t take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter