Chapter 9

Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's POV

Everything seems to connect so well when I put them together, Eunji, Eunbi, Lay... Everything... He lied to me, he could have just told me the truth in the beggining and I would be okay with it but now he just made it worst. I could have accepted it if he just told me the truth, but why did he have to lie to me.

After finding out the truth I immediately went straight home and cancelled all the work I had to do, as I was in the living room thinking I heard the front door open. I looked up to see Lay with a blank face.

He slowly went towards me as he grabbed both of my hands and held it gently "Hun please listen to me, I've been wanting to tell you but I just couldn't. I-I don't know if you'd accept someone who's a father."

I gulped and finally made eye contact with him "You could have just told me everything from the start, I would accept you wholeheartedly. You know how much I love you, I accepted you!"

"I don't really know what to feel right now, if I should be dissapointed or what? Many things are boggling my mind." I told him truthfully.

I heard him sigh "It's my fault... I know I should have told you in the beggining that I have a daughter, I did wrong.". What stunned me was when I saw Lay down on bended knees looking at me.

I tried to held back my tears but failed causing me to sob "Y-You know I can never stay mad at you right? From now on be honest to me... Is there anything else you need to tell me?"

Lay hugged me "Nothing else... Everythings in the past and there's nothing else."

"You don't have feelings for Eunji-ssi?" I asked gulping.

"No." I heard him answer my clearly without any hesitation.

It felt so sincere the way Lay spoke to me, he told me that he doesn't have any feelings towards Eunji and I felt a weight off my shoulder. I was afraid that he might run away from me and go back to his old family.

"You're not going to leave me right?" I asked him.

He shook his head "Of course not, I have you and I'm happy with that. But I still need to see my daughter, she's still related to me and I need to be a father figure to her."

I nodded understanding his situation, as much as I want to be selfish I can't. I can't keep him all to myself, he has a daughter. I guess I need to share him, although I'm a bit weary about it.

"Would you be happy if I get pregnant?" I asked bluntly which caught Lay off guard, I saw him frozen from his spot and he didn't reply "Isn't that what you want a family? We can start a family Lay, I'm willing."

Lay grabbed my hands and held it "As much as I want to start a family with you, we just can't at this moment. You're at the peak of your career and I don't want to ruin that." he said.

I heaved a sigh. Of course my career is important, if a report goes out to the media about me starting a family with my boyfriend all hell would go loose and my manager and the company wouldn't be happy about it.

I really envy Eunji.

"Come on cheer up hun, when the time is right."

 

Eunji's POV

I got ready for work and wore something casual, I didn't even try to look presentable today. I was feeling down and not in the mood, my daugher entered my bedroom and I saw her scrunching her nose.

"What's wrong my dear?"

She came towards me and asked my to carry her "When am I going to see Appa again?"

I frowned "Do you really want to see your Dad?"

Eunbi nodded "Can he sleepover at our house? Please Mom, pretty please!" she fluttered her eyes at me, I just coouldn't resist her cuteness so I had no other choice but to say yes.

She immediately smiled and hugged me tight around my neck and pecked me on my lips "Thank you so much Mom! Go call Dad now, I can't wait to spend time with him!!" she cheered

I placed Eunbi down and grabbed my cellphone and calling Lay

It took a few rings until he finally answered.

"Eunji-ah?"

I cleared my throat before I spoke "Ah yes.. Lay I was wondering if you want to sleepover tonight since Eunbi misses you and wants to spend time with you.". It went quiet on the other line until I heard a woman speaking, it was no other than Jessica. I didn't want to eavesdrop but I heard them saying sweet nothings to one another until Lay finally resp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter