Chapter 6

Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay's POV

I immediately turned to Jessica and grabbed her wrist, dragging her out the studio. Once we were outside and she yanked her wrist away from me, she looked at me with brows furrowed "What was that hun?" she asked with voice raised.

"It's a long story-"

Jessica had her arms crossed "Hun just tell me, I'm so confused. First off why is your niece in there and she seems like she knows Eunji."

I heaved a sigh "Eunbi is actually-"

"Jessica-ssi! I'm glad you're still here." I looked to see Eunji coming out from the studio then I looked at Jessica with an unhappy face. "I'm sorry Eunbi but I have to head out since I'm needed at my company. I'll see you next time." she waved then walked out, leaving me and Eunji alone.

"Did you tell her?" Eunji spoke softly.

I shook my head "I was about to tell her but then you suddenly came out.". Eunji glared at me "Oh so now it's my fault, that I ruined a confession. Should I walk back in again?" 

"This wouldn't happen if you didn't show up in front of us again, this wouldn't happen if Eunbi didn't find out that you're her Dad. We were okay without you.". I wanted to shout at her but I know I couldn't since I know I'm at fault, everything was my fault to even begin with.

I'm the one who's at fault, the reason why our lives became like this. I signed those papers because I wanted to erase everything that I had in regards with Eunji but that wasn't the case these past few days, ever since I saw the polaroid picture- a gush of memories came at me and it made me think of what it'll be like if I still stayed with them, but unfortunately I made the wrong choice.

As far as I know Eunji and I are both happy with our own lives.

"I guess you want me to leave eh and not show up ever again." it was more of a statement rather than a question.

Eunji looked at me, then nodded.

"But what if I want to make everything work?"

I Eunji roll her eyes "Make things work? I don't think you will, plus I don't want you to. Eunbi knowing that you're her Dad is enough."

"At least let me treat Eunbi as my own daughter, let me spend time with her also. I have the rights to."

I grabbed Eunji's hands and pleaded "Please."

"I know she's your daughter and I guess it's right for me to give you time with Eunbi." 

 

I arrived home and it was rather quiet and dark, I looked at the shoe rack and it was empty except for the shoes that I just removed was placed in the empty space. Jessica wasn't home yet and I wondered if she ate or if she's okay, a bunch of questions were wondering in my head not just because of Jessica but because of Eunji and Eunbi.

Staring at my phone waiting for Jessica's call and text but unfortunately nothing came, hours has passed by until I felt my eyes slowly closing.

I looked at the clock on the wall, 12:46.

Minutes has passed when the front doors opened, revealing Jessica who looked extremely exhausted. I stood up from the couch and went towards her, envelopping her into a hug "I'm sorry, I'll explain to you."

Jessica looked at me "I'm really tired hun and whatever you need to explain, please keep it short."

"Eunji is close with my half sibling, I just found out today too and Eunbi is also close with Eunji since my niece met Eunbi before me so they're really close." there goes the lies I spat. I don't think I'll be able to tell Jessica, the hurt in her face- I don't think i'll be able to handle seeing it. I don't think it's the right time to tell her about it.

Jessica nodded "Ahhhh.. No wonder she was there, what a small world eh?"

I suddenly kissed Jessica on the lips "I love you hun, I really really love you!" I said sincerely while looking right at her eyes.

"I love you too, but I really need to sleep. I am so tired!"

 

Author's POV

Mrs. Park kept bombarding her daughter questions about Lay.

"Why is he back?" Mrs.Park's brows were knitted, she was unhappy when she saw him and to think that he has a girlfriend flaunting in front of her daughter, it hurts Mrs. Park to see Zhang Yixing happy with his love life while her daughter isn't.

Eunji heaved a sigh and answered "Meeting him wasn't planned, it was unexpected.. He wanted to spen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter